Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Internals questions, working on a new build  (Read 3996 times)
Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 10:20:10 PM »

yes that will operate the led switch with recharge port, so when kill key is in it will be off, and when u pull the kill key it will turn on, u still will need to press the latching switch to light up the blade but with this function u can pull the kill key switch will light up and u can put on your belt for show i have a saber wired up like this except the led is in the pommel

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 10:36:11 PM »

Awesome!

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 01:06:06 AM »

Cool going to do it that way I think then

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Kyaryo Ysoyav
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »

Ok.  So a noobie question:

What exactly does the kill key do?

I'm thinking of copying this set-up, but I either want the LED to be lit when the kill key is in regardless of the saber being on or off, or to have it set up like a normal AV switch and have it on only when the saber is on and kill key in.  Is that possible?

While I'm at it, I want to use a 10W Green LEDengin LED, like Darth Cooper's saber from the post he referenced.  How do you wire together two battery packs (or four batteries) to make a pack to get the voltage you need?  Can you just run both battery packs onto the recharge put and then run stuff out from there?

Thanks for the help!

Light side points please.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 05:13:17 PM »

well the kill key cuts off all power to the board, completely

if there are batteries in the hilt, or an in hilt built in battery pack, it will always be using a little bit of power, sending it to the board

the kill key literally kills the circuit, preventing loss of power

"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Kyaryo Ysoyav
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »

Thanks!  That makes sense. 

I was asking because I know you can get kill keys made to look and function as covertec nobs, I would've just left it there (and used it as a covertec nob) unless I needed to charge. 

Hmm...may have to re-evaluate my design.  Then again, if you were wearing it or displaying it, not draining power would be just fine.  If dueling with it, the covertec nob might just get in the way.

They also have recharge ports in the pommel, but they'd probably get in the way of a speaker if I wanted to add sound...

Light side points please.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »

yep, theres lots of different cramfu people to set things up, all depends on how you want to go about it

Luke & Corran (I,J)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: