Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Comparison to Forcefx?  (Read 4125 times)
Vaapad Style
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 05:13:27 AM »

Are you really asking if UltraSabers are better?

1.  Better Blade Quality?
A:  Ultrasabers (I'm nearly certain this one is better here from video comparisons)

These blades are made out of Polycarbonate aka Lexan, this is the stuff used in the making up bulletproof glass. Meaning good luck in breaking even the mid grades.

2.  Better Sound?
A:  Ultrasabers

Obsidian Sound Cards are some of THE best sound cards you can buy... plus you can put whatever sounds you want for your saber

3.  Weight?
A:  Ultrasabers (I hear they are pretty heavy, that's why I'm asking)

I know US are heaver BUT they are made out of aircraft aluminum so they are very very durable. I have thrown mine across a field and its still in one piece.

4.  Shipping Speed?

US uses UPS since I have never ordered a ForceFX (didn't want to waste my money on them) I don't know. But if you want you can pay for overnight shipping and they will overnight it the next business day. Normal handling time on US is about 1 day from ordering, though they were at con so it might be a little longer.

No, I'm not asking if they're better--That's obvious.

I'm trying to see what to expect from an ultrasaber in comparison.  I've heard it's heavy.  I heard it's super bright.  I heard it had long shipping, but I also heard it had short.

I'm just confirming things, that's all.

rexile
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »

While on this topic, could anyone tell me if the US blade lit up evenly with the ultraedge/ultraedge heavy grade like the Force fx or does it get dimmer towards the end of the blade?

BrainySmurf
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 01:18:15 PM »

I agree with the very first post.

The ONLY point that ForceFX beats US is that when you turn a f.FX on you see the trail go up slowly while US is just on... which is only good for display purposes.

Other than that US is better all the way (yes they are heavier hilts in general but 10x stronger)

First shipment: Grab Bag (colour requested) Aeon GB - Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 with Sound VA
Second shipment: Consular with Sound CG - Phantom V2 BR (a little sith in all of us) - 2x Grab bag Aeon

Light side points please Smiley

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 03:30:19 PM »

3.  Weight?
A:  Ultrasabers (I hear they are pretty heavy, that's why I'm asking)

I know US are heaver BUT they are made out of aircraft aluminum so they are very very durable. I have thrown mine across a field and its still in one piece.

Actually, to disagree with Elyame, I find the weight of a ForceFX saber to be greater than that of my Ultrasaber.  I've got 2 ForceFX sabers, both Vaders (ANH and ESB), and I find both of them heavier than my DWG.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 06:36:07 PM »

To clarify with the weight of the FX sabers. It is the same thing as the US sabers. Some hilts are heavy others are light. For example the FX Vader is quite heavy while the FX Luke ANH is very very light. Just like us hilts are different in weight.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 06:39:56 PM »

its funny that the fx anh luke is light but the fx rots anakin is heavy as a sack of potatoes, wear that on a belt while wandering around a con all day and your pants will fall down, its like doing the same with a guardian lol

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Eiyame
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 92

If you want a costume PLEASE message me on Etsy

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 04:04:29 AM »

Actually, to disagree with Elyame, I find the weight of a ForceFX saber to be greater than that of my Ultrasaber.  I've got 2 ForceFX sabers, both Vaders (ANH and ESB), and I find both of them heavier than my DWG.

The one ForceFX I have handled was lighter than my US.

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE. I VARY VARY RARELY LOG IN ANYMORE SINCE I AM SO BUSY. PLEASE MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK OR ETSY TO GET A HOLD OF ME.

For Costume Information: http://etsy.com/shop/aetherealdesigns
For Ęthereal Designs Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AEtherealDesigns

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 04:38:52 AM »

I'm looking to buy Ultrasaber, and I just want to know more about it.  I'm planning on getting a Dark Prophecy V3, and I'd like to hear answers to these questions.  Please be honest.  Smiley
(P.S I already know that Ultrasabers are superior, but I just want to see each aspect, because it can't be superior in every way...  Can it?  You tell me.)

1.  Better Blade Quality?
A:  Ultrasabers (I'm nearly certain this one is better here from video comparisons)
B:  ForceFX

2.  Better Sound?
A:  Ultrasabers

3.  Weight?
A:  Ultrasabers (I hear they are pretty heavy, that's why I'm asking)
B:  ForceFX (Damn things are light, if Ultrasabers are lighter, that's awesome)

4.  Shipping Speed?
A:  Ultrasabers

Feel free to tell me other details, because that would be extremely appreciated.  I also have 1 more question.

1.  On one of the sabers, it allowed me to choose the length of the saber.  (I didn't like that one, so I looked on) Then I stumbled across Dark Prophecy, but It won't let me adjust length.  I am 13 years old, and I want a saber about as long as a ForceFX.  Thanks!

Great community BTW.  Smiley

Blade Quality: For the most part, US. Tougher blades, brighter blades, more options for the blades (you can request the initiate blade length in comments, but I'd email US ahead of time just to be sure). The only downside that I like about the FX is that when you turn it on and off the LEDs go up and down like in the movies. Unfortunately, this also results in a lot less brighter blade overall, and a fragile blade since the LEDs are in the blade and not the hilt. Plus US blades are easily replacable, good luck doing that with FX.

Sound: Hands down the Obsidian Sound Board is the best in the market. My Overlord is extremely loud, my Monarch isn't as loud, but I think thats because of the thicker metal casing and the shape of it, but it still sounds phenominal. And of course, the sound is customizable.

Weight: The sabers all have a wide variety of weights. My Overlord is very light, but still feels sturdy, while my monarch is easily twice as heavy. If weight is a big deal, then be sure to get the community input on what is better for your preference (lighter over heavier).

Shipping speed: My US normally ships in 3 - 4 days, going the slowest UPS you are looking at 4 - 5 days transit at the most. (shipping from CA to TN for me).

The hilts of the FX do look nice, I really love a few of the hilts, but the sheer variety that US offeres makes me choose them over FX any day.

Oh, plus if you ever want to use the hilt by itself without blade (at a Con or something) then the blade is detachable so you can wear it on your belt.

I'm not going to dog the FX, I don't have one myself but a friend does, and I really do like his because he has the Ventress one. But ever since he saw my overlord and ignited it, he's been drooling all over mine. And I can duel with mine, he can't.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: