Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48   Go Down
Author Topic: Sparring Partner Map  (Read 280253 times)
Stiletto
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 03:56:56 AM »

MD Jidai are seldom active, near dead infact.

I know, makes me sad. They were awesome. Hopefully they pick back up again. Getting a stable location became an issue from what I heard.

And the Defenders of the Force are simply 501st or Rebel Legion.

Well, they're 501st / Rebel Legion members that want to do saber choreography, so splitting off into their own club was the way they found to do that. And according to their Facebook page (you have to go back a ways) they get together to practice and train for their choreo. Regular 501st / Rebel Legion members don't do that. ... I think. >.> (In fact, my understanding is Rebel Legion has not done lightsaber fights in quite some time, though that may be changing.)

I thought their Bowie Baysox performance for 2012 (up on YouTube: http://bit.ly/TQQZHT ) had some very nice fights.

Of course, I come from the choreo side of things and realize I'm somewhat in the minority here when it comes to appreciating that and appreciating those that do.

Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 05:10:01 AM »

I know, makes me sad. They were awesome. Hopefully they pick back up again. Getting a stable location became an issue from what I heard.

Well, they're 501st / Rebel Legion members that want to do saber choreography, so splitting off into their own club was the way they found to do that. And according to their Facebook page (you have to go back a ways) they get together to practice and train for their choreo. Regular 501st / Rebel Legion members don't do that. ... I think. >.> (In fact, my understanding is Rebel Legion has not done lightsaber fights in quite some time, though that may be changing.)

I thought their Bowie Baysox performance for 2012 (up on YouTube: http://bit.ly/TQQZHT ) had some very nice fights.

Of course, I come from the choreo side of things and realize I'm somewhat in the minority here when it comes to appreciating that and appreciating those that do.
Pretty far drive from PA! But yeah I saw a video of the baseball games theyve done. They are pretty cool. But I wouldn't be welcomed because I don't have a StarWars costume that meets standards of the Rebel Legion/501st. My only costume is merely based/inspired by Starkiller and for the most part, my own creation. MD Jidai seemed more of my thing, straight up saber dueling.

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Stiletto
Knight Templar

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 06:03:49 AM »

Pretty far drive from PA!

I.... ? Oh, "I come from the choreo side of things" - I meant figuratively, as opposed to many here at Saberforum who come from the sparring side of things Cheesy

[EDIT] BTW, there's this guy in Frederick, MD: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7536.0
He only posted a few times and as such was not added to the map (I don't think?) It was a nice thread though... Relmeob, what do you think? Smiley
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:32:10 AM by Stiletto » Logged

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »

Y'know, looking at this map, there's a big ol' cluster of us with the center being around... Paducah KY.  I think if we were going to plan a big get-together, it'd be around the Kentucky/Nashville areas.

Nhylus
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 08:00:01 AM »

I.... ? Oh, "I come from the choreo side of things" - I meant figuratively, as opposed to many here at Saberforum who come from the sparring side of things Cheesy

[EDIT] BTW, there's this guy in Frederick, MD: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7536.0
He only posted a few times and as such was not added to the map (I don't think?) It was a nice thread though... Relmeob, what do you think? Smiley
Oh okay, good to know! and yeah you were marked as PA on the map, so that's why I assumed it was a far drive? haha.

I do appreciate lightside points haha.

Stiletto
Knight Templar

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »

Oh okay, good to know! and yeah you were marked as PA on the map, so that's why I assumed it was a far drive? haha.

Well, yeah, I'm not saying you're wrong - technically true as well.  Tongue

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 02:02:01 PM »

Looks like four prime locations...keep in mind these are sparring partner locations and not general membership...I would be happy add all the members.

LA, Dallas, New York, Chicago...for dart throws anyway...maybe somewhere in Jersey or San Antonio would be better for example  Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 11:06:02 PM »

Phoenix ain't a prime location yet?

Stiletto
Knight Templar

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2012, 12:39:55 AM »

Phoenix ain't a prime location yet?

That's great!
Your group got a name and a website/facebook page?  Grin

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 02:15:02 AM »

That's great!
Your group got a name and a website/facebook page?  Grin

I post some of our weirdness under "Saber Whackins" on Facebook, actually.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 05:04:41 AM »

Are they all on here within the forum?

Give me there names and I will plug them in!

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 09:47:14 AM »

One for Sherwood, OR.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2012, 01:13:38 PM »

Updated!

Grin

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/index/1531286

quillen
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 04:17:07 PM »

my group is part of the rebel legion in wisconsin, we train regular and have been putting on shows for the last 4 years and continue to do so, not sure about any other states in the RL do it or the 501st.  we have made alot of money for charity by doing these shows as part of the rebel legion

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2012, 06:36:21 PM »

San Diego, CA for me. I'm very close to Lucien.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 48   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: