Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Rai - The Quest for Blood begins ~ Short Story  (Read 7692 times)
Kuroth Metro
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 34

I Fight For Justice, And Serve The Jedi Order

« on: June 11, 2014, 11:41:14 AM »

Sitting alone in his booked booth at the bar, Rai looked wearily into what may very well have been his fifth drink. The neon lights illuminated the table but the smoke and darkness kept the atmosphere dank. It was late so the music was quiet and sad. The bitter taste of his drink lingered on in his mouth while he could smell the dense fusion of smoke and excrement. 'Who am I?' the question he posed to himself. Rai collapsed into his arms and recalled the past events that had occurred days before...

Kuroth fell through the door holding his lightsaber in one hand and someone else's in another. Rai looked at him and said
"Master, are you okay?"
Kuroth put on the biggest grin that he had ever made.
"I'm more than okay, I have a gift for you"
his excitement was heard with ease in his voice. Rai just looked at him in confusion.
"It isn't a special occasion is it?"
He asked innocently. Kuroth kept his unchanging smile and said
"Well it is and it isn't."
The room seemed to light up as Kuroth held out the second lightsaber.
"Here it is, your very first lightsaber."
Rai handled it with caution, noting it was a very basic design. Still he clung on to it like it was going to fly away if it got the chance.
"Meet me on the roof in an hour, we can test it"
Kuroth said turning away. His cloak hugged the door frame on the way out.

Rai followed every word Kuroth said and went up to the roof to the minute. His joy overwhelmed him and he kept caressing the saber in his hands. 'I know it isn't much, but this is the nicest gift I have ever recieved' he thought to himself. Rai looked around the roof and waited for Kuroth. Rai couldn't help but activate the saber while he waited. It hissed then hummed quietly. Its blue light softly let out blue shards, ribbons and beams of light. His heart leaped from his chest as his fingers hovered over the button.
"Rai" Kuroth called out whilst walking towards him. "I see you have found your new weapon to be quite eloquent" Rai smiled and looked at the hilt in Kuroth's hands.
"are we to duel?" Rai asked. Kuroth started to remove his cloak before he nodded at Rai. At that moment a dark looming voice rose from the shadows. It was familiar to Kuroth.
"Kuroth, my old friend. It appears you have forgotten about little old Zerrak." Kuroth held out his blade towards the shifty character and began to converse with him. Zerrak shifted over to Kuroth with a limp. His hand never left the inside of his robe.
"Why couldn't I sense you, Zerrak? what have you done now?" He asked in a panic.
"While you had a padawan, I had my own apprentice. It's time he succeeds me but before I leave this world, I want you to come with me."
Rai became uneasy quickly an watched the menace pull out his lightsabers.

A flurry of red and blue quickly initiated and confused young Rai. His eyes kept moving but he remained still. His heart was flooding with emotion as he stood idle. Kuroth deflected all of the dark lord attacks and left himself weary. Zerrak Starlight was the strongest enemy Kuroth had ever faced, how could someone so young succeed him. Deep down Kuroth knew it all needed to end tonight. He took down his foe with a kick and cut off his right hand. Both of Zerrak's sabers were knocked towards Rai.
"It ends now!" Kuroth shouted. Neither Rai nor Kuroth saw what was about to happen next. Everything slowed down. Rai looked to the ground and noted only one hilt. He looked up to the the combination of red and blue. One was piercing Zerrak and the other Kuroth. Kuroth collapsed onto the roof. Rai made haste to his master and tried to talk to him. But it was too late.  Zerrak made a cackle and began to talk.
"See padawan, all people can die, especially the weak." He began to cough a lot and held his wound in agony. Rai had no father or mother. He only had Kuroth. In a second everything he was broke.

This plagued him for days after. Sitting alone he knew it all needed to end. Rai knew how to get back at the vicious sith that took his life away. Rai was going to hunt down and kill the newly acclaimed sith lord. The smell of smoke was gone and Rai learned that his path was already in motion. The journey to the darkness inside all of us. The journey to revenge.

=======================================================================================================
While I work on the larger story here is a little back plot. In places it may seemed rushed but it was a memory. From here on out we will go on and follow Rai, the young man who seeks revenge for the loss of his master. The final chapter to Kuroth's life is the first in Rai's.
Stay Sweet, KM <3

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:21:05 PM »

Wait, he's dead?!

I do have one question though, where are they?  Are they at the Jedi Temple, a hotel, an apartment complex?
I'm going to rule out the Jedi Temple because a sith just walking into the most heavily secure building on the planet of Coruscant seems a bit unlikely.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Kuroth Metro
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 34

I Fight For Justice, And Serve The Jedi Order

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 11:14:28 PM »

Yeah, his song needed to finish eventually. As the story progresses I will go into the plot surrounding his death. And they were at an apartment complex, this was my fault. But I left it vague so I could work around the death more later on.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: