Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Author Topic: Motivation to Lose Weight  (Read 32979 times)
Abyss
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2016, 07:11:01 PM »

Hey, Darth Knox. You said earlier in this topic that you used to be a personal trainer. One of my pursuits is studying to become one of those as well when I'm in a place where I can pursue it (I have some personal/family issues right now which are tying me up). Do you perhaps have some recommended resources which helped you when you were a personal trainer?

Neither Light nor Dark are superior. Rigid denial of self and blood obedience to dogma is just as oppressive as abandonment to base passions and unchecked pursuit of power. Do the good you can for whom you can, but do not succumb to either extreme.

I may be Gray, but I lean Light, so those points are appreciated.

SRD Apprentice v4, BR Dark Apprentice v4

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »

Hey, Darth Knox. You said earlier in this topic that you used to be a personal trainer. One of my pursuits is studying to become one of those as well when I'm in a place where I can pursue it (I have some personal/family issues right now which are tying me up). Do you perhaps have some recommended resources which helped you when you were a personal trainer?
I'll pm you

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2016, 11:21:03 PM »

I've thought about taking the certification courses, just to see what I can learn....I really don't have much interest in actually doing it as a job. But it would pad my resume, and I suppose I could put it to use if I ever had to for extra income.

Though after I learn to skate, I was planning on trying to get extra work as a skating/learn to play hockey instructor....not that that's the same thing. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 32

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2016, 03:58:16 PM »

Another guy here who struggles with weight.

I'm not what the medicos would term morbidly obese, but I'm certainly well overweight. I'm 170cm on the dot (sorry, don't know my feet and inches... maybe 5 foot 7 or 8?). My BP is on the high side, and I'm probably borderline diabetic.

My biggest problem is that I'm a sucker for carbs. Pasta, mostly. I've managed to cut down on fries and potato chips wherever possible, even limiting my fast food intake to once a week. That means ANY fast food.

Problem with this job I have now is I'm on the road a lot and while I don't find myself gravitating to the well known fast food joints, I'm tending to eat a lot more rich food (in hotels and things like that) than when I was back at home with the folks.

I went through a good period where I had to force myself to the gym because I made a promise with a friend to go climb up something we have here, called "thousand steps", after he had knee surgery to repair his ACL, and it was a thing to do before we went on a 6 week trip to Japan together. I probably lost 5kg in a few months, while eating relatively okay (Only 5kg because I was doing both cardio and weights, so I put on a little muscle). Someone once told me cardio alone is not enough if you're looking to trim up. (Knox, your professional opinion is needed on this one)

Part of the reason why I joined the local saber group is so that I get out more and at least I'm moving, albeit my arms more so than my entire body but at least I'm moving, and not stuck in front of the computer....

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2016, 01:41:21 AM »

Another guy here who struggles with weight.

I'm not what the medicos would term morbidly obese, but I'm certainly well overweight. I'm 170cm on the dot (sorry, don't know my feet and inches... maybe 5 foot 7 or 8?). My BP is on the high side, and I'm probably borderline diabetic.

My biggest problem is that I'm a sucker for carbs. Pasta, mostly. I've managed to cut down on fries and potato chips wherever possible, even limiting my fast food intake to once a week. That means ANY fast food.

Problem with this job I have now is I'm on the road a lot and while I don't find myself gravitating to the well known fast food joints, I'm tending to eat a lot more rich food (in hotels and things like that) than when I was back at home with the folks.

I went through a good period where I had to force myself to the gym because I made a promise with a friend to go climb up something we have here, called "thousand steps", after he had knee surgery to repair his ACL, and it was a thing to do before we went on a 6 week trip to Japan together. I probably lost 5kg in a few months, while eating relatively okay (Only 5kg because I was doing both cardio and weights, so I put on a little muscle). Someone once told me cardio alone is not enough if you're looking to trim up. (Knox, your professional opinion is needed on this one)

Part of the reason why I joined the local saber group is so that I get out more and at least I'm moving, albeit my arms more so than my entire body but at least I'm moving, and not stuck in front of the computer....

Not an expert, but any kind of movement is way better than being sedentary. Bonus if it's something you enjoy as you'll be more apt to do it. Summer's coming, so outdoor activities are are bound to be more plentiful in the coming months. I'm looking into joining a deck(floor) hockey league possibly, so I'll be cutting back on my in gym cardio if that happens. I don't think you can really do TOO much cardio, it all depends on you and your goals.

There seems to be three schools of thought for getting lean, if you're overweight:

1) Go heavy on the cardio to cut fat down, while doing a more modest amount of weight training. Once you've gotten your body weight down, go more intensive on the weights.

2) Go as intense as your conditioning will allow, on the weight training, and mix a more modest amount of cardio in, and you'll get there.

3) Go as intense as you can on both, and watch the weight "melt" off as your body mass turns to lean muscle.
I opted for option 3, but you might find option 1 or 2 suits you better. Smiley

Update on myself:

I've finished the first run through on the program I'm on! I've taken a couple lazy days now, both to allow my body to recover and to reward myself for my perseverance. I'm not seeing too many physical changes, though I do feel more muscle under the fat. I also KNOW what I've been doing is working, as my clothes fit MUCH better. My t-shirts fit more loosely, and I have dropped a jean size, as I now have to pull my belt way down to keep them up!(I wear a web belt, so no notches to go by).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:48:31 AM by ThreadJack » Logged

(Sig by me!)

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2016, 11:39:12 PM »

Hey guys and gals,

Darth Logos just started a new thread that you may want to check out
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28488.0

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2016, 04:28:54 AM »

My treadmill officially burned on me LOL. My huskies fur probably infiltrated the inside, and haven't added oil the belt in a while.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

Mastarius
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2016, 09:34:24 PM »

I'm about 250-270 pounds and now that I have a girlfriend I'm thinking I have another reason to get into shape.

Dark Side Points please~!

Sabers Owned:
Dominix LE V3 in Sunrider's Destiny
Raven in Fire Orange

Sabers Wanted:
Scorpion in Fire Orange
Raven in Blazing Red
Scorpion in Blazing Red

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2016, 11:49:55 PM »

While I totally understand wanting to look good for your SO, I hope she loves you just the way you are now!

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #144 on: March 25, 2016, 03:39:19 AM »

I wish I had an SO to look good for! Tongue

(Sig by me!)

Mastarius
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2016, 12:28:14 PM »

While I totally understand wanting to look good for your SO, I hope she loves you just the way you are now!
She does, I just want to look good and not have this huge stomach.

Dark Side Points please~!

Sabers Owned:
Dominix LE V3 in Sunrider's Destiny
Raven in Fire Orange

Sabers Wanted:
Scorpion in Fire Orange
Raven in Blazing Red
Scorpion in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: