Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Spin Wars 2016: Call for videos  (Read 16445 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: November 06, 2016, 02:08:50 AM »

Hello Sabering community. As 2016 comes to a close, the air has gone cold, the decorations are in the windows, and it is time once again for people who love showing off with LED sabers to come together and show the community what you learned over the last year.

That's right, it is time for Spin Wars: Episode 3!!!

Simply put, most of us here tend to do our own things. We do choreographed fights, martial arts demos, spinning routines, costume work, etc. What if there was a way to get several of those things into one project that would showcase a wider picture of what we, as a community, do with lightsabers? That is what Spin Wars did last 2 years. For anyone unfamiliar, the archived videos are here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fabiOtA6Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fabiOtA6Y</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOXLGXuPRQA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOXLGXuPRQA</a>

So what about this year? Anyone willing to volunteer, post a video in which you show us your saber work. You can choreograph a fight, you can give us spinning, you can film some freeform work, you can do it with lit or unlit blades, in costume or in plain clothes, outside, inside, or on green screen. This footage will be edited together into a montage. This year like last, if there are enough people interested,we may even look at two videos (a light side and a dark side). Preliminary interest tells me we may be able to make this happen this time around.

The criteria:

1. For editing and theme purposes, the video should be designed to accompany a piece of music posted below. Please have the music playing in the video so that I can hear it in the background for timing. If you record it without the music or while the music was playing through headphones, please attach the music track to it before you post.

2. Your video must include a lightsaber and be something recognizable as "a performance".

3. Your content should not violate youtube or forum rules.

The details:

If you are interested, please post and say so. Also please indicate if you will considering yourself dark side or light side for this performance. The initial interest will help determine if we are doing one video or two but I will operate as if we are doing 2 until the situation proves otherwise. When you have a video, please post it here. I can rip things from youtube without a problem for editing. Please include the name or moniker you would like to appear in the credits. If you have a signature move, pose, or other brief trademark, please post it as a separate video or still image as you would like it to appear in the credits. If none is submitted, I will use a short clip from your routine. If you have a youtube channel or web link, post it and I will include it in the description. Please try to submit material as soon as you are able. I would like to start editing in mid December with a video release on Youtube around the first of the year.

The Music:

We will be going with the music selections from last year since we did not end up using them and they are good tracks.

The Dark Side track is "Dark Side from Dyman
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgsVBtvZQcg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgsVBtvZQcg</a>

Download mp3 here
www.jamendo.com/track/1121484/dark-side?language=en

The light side is Return of the Jedi (order 66 cut) by Darth & Vader
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXVZPzYH5Qw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXVZPzYH5Qw</a>

mp3 can be found on http://daimp3.net
search for "darth & vader - return of the jedi order 66"

Additional notes and disclaimers:

This is not a professional video and my channel is not monetized so there is no profit being made. This is by and for those who are willing to donate time and energy to make it happen. I will have to decide what makes it in and what does not. I will attempt to give everyone equal time (provided they submit a long enough clip to accomplish this). We are only working with 6 minutes between the two videos. I will try to include everyone, and if too many people are interested to do that, I will try to make a second cut. This may have to come out after the first though. If you have a favorite segment, feel free to let me know the time range and I will do what I can, but no promises. Other than that, feel free to discuss and ask questions if you wish. If there is anything I can do to help you put together a submission, let me know. Otherwise, happy sabering and let's make this one a good one to cap off the first trilogy.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 02:21:49 AM »

Count me in. 

Dark Side of course.  Grin Grin

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 02:27:57 AM »

Done and point for being the first responder.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 09:13:15 PM »

I'm excited to contribute this time.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 06:35:55 AM »

All going well, you can count me in too  Grin Grin Grin . . . . and, I'll be representing the Light Side again  Cool

DC, you previously mentioned you may be able to add the Echo Effect to some videos . . . would be very cool if you can offer that . . . .

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 07:09:51 AM »

I think I can manage that on request. One thing to keep in mind is that the echo effect will brighten the entire footage. If you don't want to look like you glow, keep it visible but keep it dark.

Lord Arcenska
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -46

Darkness is within everyone. Light is the canvas.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 07:22:08 PM »

I am definitely in. I will be dark side, but maybe one of my friends can orchestrate a fight.

Lord Arcenska:
Dominix V4 LE GB Windows Stunt
Bellicose FO Obsidian

Wishlist: Dark Liberator, Reaper, Initiate V3 LE Staff

Dark Side Points Please!

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 09:03:26 PM »

As much as it pains me to say this....and trust me it hurts....bad...

switch me to light side so we have some....balance...to the force....

Apologies Dark Jedi and Sith Brethren. ( No light side points!! Please....that would just make it hurt more.)

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 11:57:53 PM »

I'm going to try and be a part of this year's vid. And as always, consider me dark side.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 12:00:40 AM »

Excellent... Oh and Ryan, through the people who have responded in various places, we have 4 light and 5 dark before you make your decision. I would say at this point, if you prefer dark, go with it. The numbers are not that far off.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 12:03:01 AM »

When do you need videos by?

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 12:20:44 AM »

Informally around the 20th of Dec would be nice. I can push it to the 22nd if need be but not beyond that. Count is 5 to 5 now with Ryan undecided.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 02:51:35 AM »

See...that's the problem with us Dark Jedi....always the call back to the light...but let's face it, I'm not a Jedi. I'm a Dark Jedi

Back to the Dark it is.

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 02:55:46 AM »

And that makes it 5 to 6 dark.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 04:26:38 AM »

When I tried to add the music the quality of video took a hit.  I'm not really much of a video editor.  Do whatever you like with it!  Like I told you before this wasn't easy to film in costume on my own so sorry it's not much.

With music
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCzr2XAdf8k&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCzr2XAdf8k&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

No music
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL-qaOiA2Z8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL-qaOiA2Z8</a>

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: