Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3395 3396 [3397] 3398 3399 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4900732 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50940 on: August 20, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »

Thought that would have been obvious. An old tattoo that I no longer want to see.
That part was obvious. The 'what' of the the tattoo subject matter remains to be explained.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50941 on: August 20, 2019, 07:11:25 PM »

That part was obvious. The 'what' of the the tattoo subject matter remains to be explained.
The "what" doesn't matter as it will soon be covered over with something new. Well, soon, as in multiple sessions later, over a period of months. But, therein lies the fun.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50942 on: August 20, 2019, 07:26:04 PM »

The "what" doesn't matter as it will soon be covered over with something new. Well, soon, as in multiple sessions later, over a period of months. But, therein lies the fun.
Sure it does. That's why they made the show Tattoo Nightmares. Like the woman that was homesick, and wanted a reminder of home; Salt Lake City. She wanted SLC, UT. What she got was just SL, UT.

The 'what was' lays the foundation for the cover-up.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50943 on: August 20, 2019, 07:59:26 PM »

Sure it does. That's why they made the show Tattoo Nightmares. Like the woman that was homesick, and wanted a reminder of home; Salt Lake City. She wanted SLC, UT. What she got was just SL, UT.

The 'what was' lays the foundation for the cover-up.
Fortunately, I just got bored with mine after 12 years and will use it as a springboard to finally get the tattoo I've wanted for a looooong time.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50944 on: August 20, 2019, 08:55:51 PM »

Good

Sig by For Tyeth

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #50945 on: August 21, 2019, 03:45:50 AM »

It's a  map to his hidden treasure 

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #50946 on: August 21, 2019, 05:25:27 AM »

I spend few days near Lausanne earlier this month ... I have to be agree with you  Tongue

That's where I live  Wink
But I can't really complain about the expensive life. I have a decent job and get to live in a nice city in a beautiful country, practice lightsaber fighting almost every week, enjoy walking around the city, along the lake shores, in the forests, hills and vineyards. All that with the Alps in the background. I get to work in a hospital recently granted 9th place in the Top10 hospitals in the world by Newsweek magazine. And the general quality of life in my city is quite high. It's not so bad at all.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #50947 on: August 21, 2019, 06:52:43 AM »

That's where I live  Wink
But I can't really complain about the expensive life. I have a decent job and get to live in a nice city in a beautiful country, practice lightsaber fighting almost every week, enjoy walking around the city, along the lake shores, in the forests, hills and vineyards. All that with the Alps in the background. I get to work in a hospital recently granted 9th place in the Top10 hospitals in the world by Newsweek magazine. And the general quality of life in my city is quite high. It's not so bad at all.

I always though you live in a German area like Zurich Wink

We were in vacation in Metabief and we moved a few days in Aubonne on your side of the Jura Mountains.

If you work in Switzerland, life should not be so expensive to you Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #50948 on: August 21, 2019, 09:06:51 AM »

I always though you live in a German area like Zurich Wink

We were in vacation in Metabief and we moved a few days in Aubonne on your side of the Jura Mountains.

If you work in Switzerland, life should not be so expensive to you Wink

Nope. I'm a french speaker living in western Switzerland. Wink
In fact I rarely speak German, only when needed (which isn't that often, a couple phone calls a year and not often in person except when I travel to the German side).

I've lived in Gimel, not far from Aubonne, for about 5 years.

True, Switzerland is expensive for everyone but mostly the people who come from other countries because their salary isn't as high. When you work and live there it's more balanced.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #50949 on: August 21, 2019, 09:31:31 AM »

Nope. I'm a french speaker living in western Switzerland. Wink
In fact I rarely speak German, only when needed (which isn't that often, a couple phone calls a year and not often in person except when I travel to the German side).

I've lived in Gimel, not far from Aubonne, for about 5 years.

C'est bon à savoir ... la prochaine fois que je viendrai hanter le Vaudois en vacances, ça sera avec des sabres !!!!!  Grin
"Good to know ... next time I will come to the Vaudois in vacation, it will be with some sabers!!!"

True, Switzerland is expensive for everyone but mostly the people who come from other countries because their salary isn't as high. When you work and live there it's more balanced.

I have few friends who work in Basel but live in France ... they are quite happy with that Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #50950 on: August 21, 2019, 12:08:41 PM »

C'est bon à savoir ... la prochaine fois que je viendrai hanter le Vaudois en vacances, ça sera avec des sabres !!!!!  Grin
"Good to know ... next time I will come to the Vaudois in vacation, it will be with some sabers!!!"

N'hésite pas à passer. On a un bon groupe d'escrimeurs plus ou moins amateurs en Suisse romande au sein de l'Ecole Lémanique d'Arts et d'Actions. Du saber laser mais aussi d'autre disciplines comme Renaissance, Médieval, Gladiateurs, etc. Wink
Don't hesitate to stop by. We have a nice group of more or less amateur fencers in western Switzerland in the Lemanic School of Arts and Actions. Some lightsaber but also other subjects like Renaissance, Medieval, Gladiators, etc. Wink

I have few friends who work in Basel but live in France ... they are quite happy with that Wink

It sure seems worth it having a Swiss salary and mostly French expenses. Basel, same as Geneva, is so close to the border it's only a short commute even when you live on the other side. Basel even more so because you can litterally leave your home in France in the morning, work in Switzerland and go get some groceries in Germany after work before heading back home if you want  Grin

Sabers Owned

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50951 on: August 21, 2019, 12:11:02 PM »

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #50952 on: August 21, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »

N'hésite pas à passer. On a un bon groupe d'escrimeurs plus ou moins amateurs en Suisse romande au sein de l'Ecole Lémanique d'Arts et d'Actions. Du saber laser mais aussi d'autre disciplines comme Renaissance, Médieval, Gladiateurs, etc. Wink
Don't hesitate to stop by. We have a nice group of more or less amateur fencers in western Switzerland in the Lemanic School of Arts and Actions. Some lightsaber but also other subjects like Renaissance, Medieval, Gladiators, etc. Wink

Ok ... i will keep that in mind Wink

It sure seems worth it having a Swiss salary and mostly French expenses. Basel, same as Geneva, is so close to the border it's only a short commute even when you live on the other side. Basel even more so because you can litterally leave your home in France in the morning, work in Switzerland and go get some groceries in Germany after work before heading back home if you want  Grin

Yes ... They live in Saint-Louis ... they can do this 3 countries trip by bike  Grin

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #50953 on: August 21, 2019, 12:26:30 PM »

Yes ... They live in Saint-Louis ... they can do this 3 countries trip by bike  Grin

Yes. Since they're right across the border they might be able to make it by bike in about an hour. Maybe even less Grin

Sabers Owned

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #50954 on: August 21, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »

Hummm

I found several meanings for "hump" ...

Yes. Since they're right across the border they might be able to make it by bike in about an hour. Maybe even less Grin

The smallest loop is 12 km ... I think One hour is ok Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 3395 3396 [3397] 3398 3399 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: