Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trailer Reveals Action-Focused Gameplay  (Read 5316 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: December 05, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »

By Rob Gordon

Sony’s PSX 2015 keynote was barely underway before gamers were given an exciting glimpse at one of the most hyped games coming to the PS4. Final Fantasy fans have long been excited about the remake of iconic PlayStation RPG Final Fantasy 7. Although details have been thin on the ground, the gaming community has finally been given a solid glimpse at the game – including a peek at the title’s combat in action, which is dramatically different from the original.

Fans of the long-standing series have long wondered just how much the title would differ from the gameplay of the original version. Now, at least some of the question has been answered, with brief looks at Cloud fighting against the soldiers of Shinra on the streets of Midgar. Accompanied by fellow characters such as Barret, the title looks set to bring an entirely new dimension to fans of the much loved Final Fantasy 7.

Alongside the clear changes to the way the game will play, there have also been some real advancements to the title’s graphics, as hinted by previously-released producer updates. However, Midgar certainly has the same feel as the original game, with a similar feeling of gloom and industrial dystopian overtones. Those interested in seeing the entire trailer can check it out below.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIZLVhF27GA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIZLVhF27GA</a>

The trailer only gives a tiny glimpse at the game in action, but it may well be enough to impress some of the devoted fanbase that Final Fantasy 7 has accumulated over the years. Whether the more real-time action combat focus will necessarily fly remains to be seen, but it will certainly be intriguing to find out exactly how much this gameplay will effect the overall feel of the game. Meanwhile, the way that the cutscenes have been reimagined will no doubt also have tongues wagging.

Square Enix had already confirmed that the game’s combat would be a very different beast from the turn-based mechanics of the original game, leading to much discussion over whether the game should stray too far from the path. As it stands, those expecting a straight remake could be in for a real culture shock, although just how well the new system works won’t be known until a much more in-depth look is given.

The level of change is certainly a different approach for a remake, even one that gives a title an entire ground-up overhaul. That said, Square Enix has made no secret of the number of changes that Final Fantasy 7 would be receiving; after all, the game does not even make use of Square’s signature engine. One thing’s for sure: fans will have a difficult time waiting to try out the game in action.

Sauce: http://gamerant.com/final-fantasy-7-gameplay-trailer-615/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:10:55 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »

AWESOME!!!

I love FFVII.  One of the best games ever made.  Cant wait for this one to come out.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:03:42 PM »

They've been teasing us for SO LONG with this thing.  Could we get on with it!!! 

CaptKirk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »

I happened to be at the keynote and it's amazing how the crowd went CRAZY when just the first FRAME of video was displayed... same as happened when it was announced at the Sony presser @ E3.  I've never even been into FF, and yet now I want to play this!  The cinematic was phenomenal, and even the gameplay was really fantastic!!

-[: Light Side points always appreciated! :]-
Ultrasabers Guardian (Em/Obs.v4)

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 05:26:53 PM »

I have loved FFVII since I first played it many years ago, now I find myself in dire need of a PS4. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 02:12:06 AM »

While the plot and Characters of FF7 intrigued me I absolutely HATE turn based games, so I never really played it.  But if this will be more real time fighting (as shown in the trailer) I will definitely be picking it up...as soon as I can afford a current gen console.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 02:40:00 AM »

It's refreshing to see some genuine anticipation for this form you guys; the rest internet can be a pretty cynical place...

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 09:12:57 AM »

It's refreshing to see some genuine anticipation for this form you guys; the rest internet can be a pretty cynical place...

Really?  All I have seen is excitement for this...

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »

I can't imagine anything but excitement considering the following FFVII has.  I, like many others, have wanted an updated version of this iconic game for a long time.  It's a little disappointing that it seems it will be in an episodic format, but as amazing as it looks I can hardly complain. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 07:03:48 PM »

While the plot and Characters of FF7 intrigued me I absolutely HATE turn based games, so I never really played it.  But if this will be more real time fighting (as shown in the trailer) I will definitely be picking it up...as soon as I can afford a current gen console.

The characters and plot were what drew my eye to the FF series, but I truly didn't understand the battle systems till I was older; as a kid I would just get bored quickly.

Really?  All I have seen is excitement for this...

It is really just the elitist's waxing on about how they don't like the new battle system and haven't liked it since it was first implemented blah, blah, blah, blah, they are going to ruin a classic, blah, blah, blah.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 04:00:17 AM »

The characters and plot were what drew my eye to the FF series, but I truly didn't understand the battle systems till I was older; as a kid I would just get bored quickly.
It annoys me still to this day.  All I can think is "Damn it, I could be attacking right now"  :p

It is really just the elitist's waxing on about how they don't like the new battle system and haven't liked it since it was first implemented blah, blah, blah, blah, they are going to ruin a classic, blah, blah, blah.

Really?  I know a bunch of Hardcore FF 7 fans who are stoked for it.... eh, all have different experiences

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:03:25 AM by Darth Tepes » Logged

wattage2
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

I am a Jedi who deals in the Dark.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 02:05:15 AM »

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, and X-2 are the only older games I still own and play. I have Metal Gear Solid but I havent played it in years. Ever since the announcement, I have been replaying VII over and over again but I keep having to take breaks and since I never continue a game if I have left it for over a week I have a lot of saves currently that are all at different points in the game. I also need to get back into FFVIII and try to finally finish instead of get to the end and cant go much farther. I never could get passed trying to save Roina when she is absorbed into the sorcerer in disk 3.

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 01:58:10 AM »

I wonder / hope for this remake to come with a HD remake for Crisis Core. If that were the case, I'd disappear for at least 2 months

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Jacch Syndiq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 05:04:24 PM »

I wonder / hope for this remake to come with a HD remake for Crisis Core. If that were the case, I'd disappear for at least 2 months

THIS THIS THIS. I've admittedly never actually played the original Final Fantasy but I've watched bits and pieces of Let's Plays for it, but what I haved played was Crisis Core, and even without having played the original FF7, I loved the hell out of that game. The way it ended with that combination of the little jackpot gameplay thing was beautiful.

Earnestly, I'm approving of action-focused gameplay, Final Fantasy itself has not aged well with it's own turn-based combat and this could be a breath of fresh air that turns out to be quite welcome if done right.

I have found comfort in the the darkness of the cavern, and felt the warmth of the light outside it, but I shall not chain myself to any place I must be forced to indulge in one or the other. I am my own man, I make my own fate. I shall live as I see fit and none will deny me this right.

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 11:19:13 PM »

That looks awesome. Can't wait for this to finally come out. A a long time rpg nut I've always wanted to play vii but could never get past the graphics shock. So glad will finally be able to play it. I know purists probably want a exact remake of the old way but gaming mechanics have come a long way since then. While I do love turn based combat in many games I don't think it's a must any more. A little more action and movement keeps things a little more exciting and engaging. Thanks for posting the video. Every time I see a new one it makes me a little more comfortable that it's finally happening.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: