Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Modifying Soundboard in Ultrasabers Spectre Saber  (Read 3749 times)
SkyeWelse
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 21, 2022, 03:40:51 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and very new to the lightsaber hobby in general. I ordered my very first saber last week and decided to go with the Spectre. I absolutely love the design of this particular model and I've been enjoying it so far, however in my research and learning so far with creating some of my own saber fonts I realized fairly quickly that the Obsidian v4 does not seem to support Smooth Swing or pulsing effects. Having messed around with a Xenopixel I think I became a bit spoiled with how the sounds were treated with Smooth Swing and I think I'd like to try my hand at replacing the Obsidian v4 soundboard with perhaps a Proffie. From what I understand what would be involved with this is to remove the chassis, wire to the power button, and emitter and use a new chassis that could fit the Proffie board, but I've read that Ultrasabers tends to have hilts that are slightly bigger (1.5 versus 1.2 inches) so a different chassis would be needed.

My question is, if I were to find a compatible chassis that would fit into an Ultrasaber, is there a diagram of the pin out of the wires for the Obsidian v4 sound board that I could perhaps take a look at? I can solder decently, but I am not sure how the light going to the power button (I opted for the blue led and silver power button in my options) and the recharge port would work exactly with a rewiring process to a proffie. I've also read hat I need to be careful about adding certain resisters to some of the LEDs as well from some other posts I've seen.

Any help or clarity on this would be very much appreciated!

I'd love to replace the Obsidian v4 and then put it into a possibly a new saber that I order without sound from Ultrasabers for my daughter when she is a little bit older.

Thank you so much for your help!

-Thomas

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 04:10:34 PM »

See http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40651.msg695687#msg695687 for connections but you should be able to trace the wires to the component and label.  
Switch, port, led, battery, speaker - not too much to trace and label. Wire colors should be standard.
Custom Saber shop will be a good source for your chassis.
Your new chip voltage output will dictate resistor requirements.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: