Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Saber using Obsidian, need clarification on Li-ion  (Read 1861 times)
Darth Noir
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: July 19, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »

So after a few years of almost building one I finally started buying pieces for it. After a long search I decided to go with the Obsidian soundboard, Luxeon Rebel Star Cyan 3.4, and recharge port. After reading extensively I feel somewhat ready to try this because everyone says that by failing is the best way of learning. So here's my question.

I want to use One Li-Ion 18650 3.7 volt 2600mAh battery to power my board and LED. Eventually I would like to use accent LED's but thats neither here nor there.

If i go this route, do I need a resistor/buckpuck or transistor? I want to keep this as simple as possible but I do want sound. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but honestly forums are very confusing places to me.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:04:22 PM »

Go with a BuckPuck, it will properly regulate the current for your LED when using anywhere from 3V-37V of voltage.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Darth Noir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:41:43 PM »

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Darth Noir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »

Would a 700mA 4 wire BuckPuck be good? I have no accent or illuminated switch LEDs.

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »

i believe that depends on the LED unit you intend to use

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Darth Noir
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »

sorry about forgetting to include that. I have two rebel star 3.4 Cyan. Basically the build I want is a 2W bass speaker, obsidian soundboard, non-illuminated anti-vandal switch, Recharge port, and 3.4v Cyan LED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: