Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: They're bringing Vader back? DO NOT WAAAAAAAAAAANT!  (Read 17373 times)
Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 08:50:22 PM »

But again, bringing back stars like Harrison Ford and such may cost tons of money......

All 3 originals (Carrie/Mark/Harrison) are unofficially officially slated to be in the film already.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Regulus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 09:14:16 PM »

then it can means only one thing, we'll have the jedi kids for sure......Which may be the part where they are already teenagers, the worst ( My opinion only)of the novels...a serie created for kids that missed the old Starwars movies .....smells like Ep1 more and more...( no Jar-Jar like , pls....)

nothing about the Emperor's blade, nothing about the new Jedi academy, Kyle Katarn, Coran and Grand Admiral Thrawn.....?.( crying ...)

Student/ instructor at Academie Duello, school of Swordplay
FDC basic certification, safety and technique of the stage fight
Studied, German and Italian fencing schools
Dedicated to long sword, side sword, rapier and...Lightsabers!

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2013, 10:43:54 PM »

I am literally the only person who is satisfied with the possibility of them not using the EU.

Well, I might not be, but still, it sure feels like it.

This came up in another thread recently -- if they do the stories fans of the EU already know, then they'll either be tremendously bored or they won't be completely satisfied with the movie because there will be those feelings of "well what about this, and this, and this, and you totally left this out, and etc."
As much as I hate to admit it, this is why video game movies are intentionally inaccurate.  If you were watching a faithful movie adaptation of (insert favorite game here), you would already know exactly what's coming, and while you might be excited at the prospect of seeing it happen, chances are you'll think "the game did it better" when it's all said and done.  
(This still doesn't excuse Alice from the Resident Evil movies.  Man, I hate her character so much.)

It would be exactly the same if they did a straight faithful adaptation of any of the EU stories people are clamoring for.  The smartest thing they can do is continue to use the approach of "the EU is its own canon.  Now here's film canon," because let's face it -- if they messed up your favorite EU character even a little bit, while you might not be terribly upset with that, ten million angry voices on the internet would be calling for Kathleen Kennedy's head on a platter being carried by R2-D2.

EDIT:
On topic?  lol tabloids.  Always a hilarious read.

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

Lord Zotwo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Torn between Light and Dark

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2013, 11:20:03 PM »

I'm wondering why they would go the route of naming it 'Episode 7.' The first 6 where told around the 'skywalker's family story.' We all seen that story come to a conclusion. They need to change the name to like 'chronicles' or something.... otherwise they would have to reinvolve the remaining skywalkers. personally, I'd like to see the Yoda chronicles... a younger yoda would kick butt ...so many missions he was apart of, i'm sure!  Wink

Zotew Zo2 Zote2 ZoII

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2013, 12:39:34 AM »

I am literally the only person who is satisfied with the possibility of them not using the EU.

Well, I might not be, but still, it sure feels like it.

This came up in another thread recently -- if they do the stories fans of the EU already know, then they'll either be tremendously bored or they won't be completely satisfied with the movie because there will be those feelings of "well what about this, and this, and this, and you totally left this out, and etc."
As much as I hate to admit it, this is why video game movies are intentionally inaccurate.  If you were watching a faithful movie adaptation of (insert favorite game here), you would already know exactly what's coming, and while you might be excited at the prospect of seeing it happen, chances are you'll think "the game did it better" when it's all said and done.  
(This still doesn't excuse Alice from the Resident Evil movies.  Man, I hate her character so much.)

It would be exactly the same if they did a straight faithful adaptation of any of the EU stories people are clamoring for.  The smartest thing they can do is continue to use the approach of "the EU is its own canon.  Now here's film canon," because let's face it -- if they messed up your favorite EU character even a little bit, while you might not be terribly upset with that, ten million angry voices on the internet would be calling for Kathleen Kennedy's head on a platter being carried by R2-D2.

A valid point.   Can't disagree at all. And to be honest, you're absolutely right.  But dammit, I still want me some Thrawn!

Initiate v3 - Consular

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2013, 02:36:51 AM »

Well I cannot see how they can bring Vader back without it being a Force Ghost, or something similar. Sure Yoda would ALSO make such an appearance, especially if Luke is to feature heavily.

My own personal feeling is that they'll either do a story nobody gives a damn about, so it won't be an issue if they mess it up (remember how, when people started hating on Ep.1 they said, "Yeah, but it's a setup movie"?)

OR,....they'll do a three part story arc of the Fall of the Son of Skywalker; i.e. Luke.

The Emperor is BOUND to make a comeback, in a new, younger body (any bets on the actor playing the younger him?) and of course, there are a lot of other force sensitives to play with; the Solos, Mara Jade, Leia etc.

I think we are VERY likely to see some stupidily big space battles; maybe an Eclipse class super-star destroyer, and sure, why shouldn't Thrawn make an appearance? After all, all the "Resurrection of the Jedi Order" stuff is going on at the same time that the New Republic is trying to assert itself and sweep away what remains of the Empire; and the Empire DOESN'T go quietly! hehe

One final cat among the pigeons....any bets on Exar Kun's ghost making an appearance?

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2013, 04:04:55 PM »

OR,....they'll do a three part story arc of the Fall of the Son of Skywalker; i.e. Luke.

Dear God, no.  That would kill the entire EU. 

I think we are VERY likely to see some stupidily big space battles; maybe an Eclipse class super-star destroyer, and sure, why shouldn't Thrawn make an appearance? After all, all the "Resurrection of the Jedi Order" stuff is going on at the same time that the New Republic is trying to assert itself and sweep away what remains of the Empire; and the Empire DOESN'T go quietly! hehe

I'd be happy with even a cameo appearance of Thrawn.  That'd at least canonize the character.

One final cat among the pigeons....any bets on Exar Kun's ghost making an appearance?

I'm gonna say you've got a better chance of walking out the door and being trampled by a pack of rabid ponies.  But I'm not the screenwriter either...

Initiate v3 - Consular

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »

I'm gonna say you've got a better chance of walking out the door and being trampled by a pack of rabid ponies.  But I'm not the screenwriter either...

Here on the Internet, being trampled by rabid ponies is actually quite likely.

no

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2013, 05:55:31 PM »

Here on the Internet, being trampled by rabid ponies is actually quite likely.

True, but there's no door to walk out of.  Grin

Initiate v3 - Consular

Aurentis
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2013, 08:27:27 PM »

Maybe rabid bronies.

Emotion, yet peace.

Crimson Reaper: SRD
Shock LE Staff: DVA/AS
Aeon v3: CG [Stunt]

loosekannonn
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2013, 05:47:21 AM »

All 3 originals (Carrie/Mark/Harrison) are unofficially officially slated to be in the film already.

even if they die in real life, they will still do the movie via digital doubles.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

What if the suit is being reintroduced.  Remember that Mara and Luke both said Jacen Solo looked alot like Darth Vader without the helmet.  He does wear a helmet at one point when he is trying to determine his Sith name.  Why not have Darth Caedus look similar to Darth Vader but he removes his helmet to show the man behind the mask so to speak. 

Because Caedus was a raging failure as a sith lord.  Tongue

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 09:34:43 PM »

In my opinion the story is over.  The next three may be alright,  but Disney please don't stretch too far

Dark side points please

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2013, 02:52:14 PM »

In my opinion the story is over.  The next three may be alright,  but Disney please don't stretch too far

I thought Disney did a pretty good job with Tron.  I watched the original and my first thought when I heard about Legacy was, "Oh crap, they are going to destroy a classic."  It came out pretty good and the story line fit the age of the characters. 

As long as they don't do a re-cast, they will be just fine.  When I think of re-casts that went wrong, I think of A-Team. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: