Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1139622 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4620 on: September 05, 2017, 07:15:24 PM »

I haven't been to a concert in God knows how long. I think we were still saying "O" in the year.

I am of the belief that you should go to see the bands you love while you have the opportunity. After I missed out on seeing David Bowie before he quit touring I decided never to let that happen again.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4621 on: September 05, 2017, 07:39:49 PM »

I am of the belief that you should go to see the bands you love while you have the opportunity. After I missed out on seeing David Bowie before he quit touring I decided never to let that happen again.
Lack of infinite funds prevent me from doing everything on my wish list. Plus, I'd hate to hear a group I love start getting political, and then I'd have to not like them anymore.

Plus I don't internet very well. So with that plus terminal ADHD, I never think to look for events coming up. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4622 on: September 05, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »

Lack of infinite funds prevent me from doing everything on my wish list. Plus, I'd hate to hear a group I love start getting political, and then I'd have to not like them anymore.

Plus I don't internet very well. So with that plus terminal ADHD, I never think to look for events coming up. Undecided

I understand the fundage issue very well. I gave up my $4 cups of coffee and eat lots of ramen. Its part of my "fun stuff" budgeting program. That and all tips go towards "fun stuff" as well.

Yeah I hate when bands start going really political when they weren't to begin with. I get enough of that in my day-to-day. I skipped going to see Roger Waters because of that. (yeah I know he's always been very political)

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4623 on: September 05, 2017, 08:27:42 PM »

I understand the fundage issue very well. I gave up my $4 cups of coffee and eat lots of ramen. Its part of my "fun stuff" budgeting program. That and all tips go towards "fun stuff" as well.

Yeah I hate when bands start going really political when they weren't to begin with. I get enough of that in my day-to-day. I skipped going to see Roger Waters because of that. (yeah I know he's always been very political)
I don't know who Roger Waters is.

My big musical heartbreak was Linkin Park. I didn't stop listening to them, but they lost something that made them special when they cut Minutes to Midnight. They started getting political but worse, they started cussing. I know my mouth is by no means clean, but IMO cussing in music shows lack of talent and creativity. Especially when the curse is repeated, like in a chorus. Every once in while is ok, in order to make a statement. They weren't really bad with it, but they had already cut two albums that hadn't had any, which proved it could be done.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4624 on: September 06, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »

My big musical heartbreak was Linkin Park. I didn't stop listening to them, but they lost something that made them special when they cut Minutes to Midnight. They started getting political but worse, they started cussing. I know my mouth is by no means clean, but IMO cussing in music shows lack of talent and creativity. Especially when the curse is repeated, like in a chorus. Every once in while is ok, in order to make a statement. They weren't really bad with it, but they had already cut two albums that hadn't had any, which proved it could be done.

Roger Waters was the bassist and main songwriter in Pink Floyd until the mid 80’s

I understand that Linkin Park heartbreak you speak of. Hybrid Theory is still my favorite album of theirs and I just couldn’t enjoy the shift in their style.

And to keep this on track...

Hot Springs - Volcano - Headrush

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNRF4W7_EOQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNRF4W7_EOQ</a>

Darkside Points Please

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4625 on: September 06, 2017, 12:40:27 AM »

I got to see him years and years ago, when he toured with Nine Inch Nails.

I just lost all the respect I ever had for you.....

Now, about Evanescence ..... this is who Amy Lee hopes to be like when she grows up.

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=DaN_nEVKWCI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=DaN_nEVKWCI</a>

Not their absolute best, but I love the video. And if you listen to the lyrics, it's an awesome breakup song.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #4626 on: September 06, 2017, 12:51:56 AM »

I hate everybody who got to go to the Outside Tour. Unfortunately I was only 9 at the time but if I could go back in time that's high on my list of concerts I would go to. My sister went... she robbed my piggy bank to buy a tour tee and walked out on David Bowie  Angry

Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4627 on: September 06, 2017, 05:57:24 PM »

I just lost all the respect I ever had for you.....
What respect? I didn't know who he was because I've never been a fan of Floyd.

Now, about Evanescence ..... this is who Amy Lee hopes to be like when she grows up.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this chick and whatever her band in called. This woman has just a female 'rocker' voice. Amy, though diva-ish, has a classically trained voice. That was half of what made Evanescence such an initially huge success. Awesome metal + vocals of the caliber to sing opera = KICKASS!

It was a shame what happened by their second album. Cry

Sig by For Tyeth

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #4628 on: September 06, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »

I've never been a fan of Floyd.

Blasphemy!

Anyway, cranking 5FDP while I continue my wait for my new saber

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4629 on: September 06, 2017, 07:44:56 PM »

Blasphemy!
I'll give them a another shot if you can tell me why they were so great.

Sig by For Tyeth

Zyn
Knight Templar

« Reply #4630 on: September 06, 2017, 07:51:16 PM »

Joe Dirt has your answer:

https://youtu.be/een355zbbmM?t=11s

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4631 on: September 06, 2017, 07:53:08 PM »

Joe Dirt has your answer:

https://youtu.be/een355zbbmM?t=11s

Yeah........never saw that either. Plus using a parody of the epitome of white-trash does not bode well for your cause.

Sig by For Tyeth

Zyn
Knight Templar

« Reply #4632 on: September 06, 2017, 08:16:34 PM »

Yeah........never saw that either. Plus using a parody of the epitome of white-trash does not bode well for your cause.

You missed the point. Why is Pink Floyd good? For the same reason Star Wars is good; they're entertaining and different than other things that have come before them

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4633 on: September 06, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »

You missed the point. Why is Pink Floyd good? For the same reason Star Wars is good; they're entertaining and different than other things that have come before them
Your going to have to define your time parameters, because good is a relative term, as was the time period of being in such a state.

Sig by For Tyeth

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4634 on: September 07, 2017, 01:03:09 AM »

I can tell you that I like them. I enjoy their music, the way it sounds. I like the stories that their songs and albums tell.

Statistically, they've sold millions of albums, shirts, and sold out thousands of concerts world wide. Also, one of their albums, Dark Side Of The Moon, spent 20 YEARS on the billboard top 200 album chart.

Yes, it's subjective. Just as we completely disagree about Amy Lee.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: