Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raven (SS Edition) Video Review  (Read 1398 times)
Perisher
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« on: July 12, 2012, 12:17:32 PM »

Hi guys,

So this is my first Ultrasabers purchase, and what can I say, I'm pretty damn happy with the overall product. I chose the Raven model and selected the SS (Super Sith Edition) modifications for both the claw length and pommel. For the blade I went the violet amethyst and it glows like nothing else - it illuminates anything it comes near in the dark and even in daylight. The hilt is comfortable and a good size - I can easily fit both of my hands along its length, but it feels just as natural to have one hand wrapped around the intended grip zone. I also chose the Obsidian sound board and it is AMAZBALLS - it pumps out a lot of sound for such a small unit and the customisation abilities are endless; it makes this saber so much more.

Anyway, enough text, feel free to watch the video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRinVVUFE0w&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRinVVUFE0w&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

I have to apologise for the tinny sound/washed out video - I've recently moved and haven't set myself up yet, so I had to record with my phone Sad

Overall, I give my Raven SS Edition the following scores:
- Hilt = 4.5/5 (What brought this down were the machining faults as detailed, otherwise excellent execution)
- Blade = 5/5 (Excellent blade - illumination is fantastic but the colour could be a liiittle more of a deep purple, but that's my personal preference so it won't affect the score)
- Sound = 5/5 (Love the Obsidian sound board and how it can be easily customised)

Would I recommend this to a friend? Most definitely - the Raven model epitomises what it is to be Sith: dark, deadly and ferocious, yet elegant. You can't say that you're a true acolyte of the Dark Side without one of these bad boys hanging from your hip.

Moderator Nightwing
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -262

Peace is a lie; There is only passion

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »

Very nice review.  I too own a Raven and it is my personal saber (though it may soon be replaced with my Malice when I get it  Grin)

I hope it provides you with many hours of enjoyment, as it has me.

ckinsey88
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:27:01 PM »

I wish I could afford a raven lol

Lionus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -29

Dark side points please!

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »

I too have ordered a Raven SS for my first US, for my first saber in fact and I'm tingling with anticpation!!! I ordered mine with the RGB and Obsidian soundboard and the covertec wheel! I see a lot of people with sabers with no visible means to hang it with... However, Cheers Mate on an awesome purchase!!! Grin

There are those that choose to see the Light in everything, and thus are ill equipped to handle the true being of the Darkside!!!

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 10:01:34 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Nice review. Darkside saber = darkside point.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: