Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Consular with anodised red av switch  (Read 14998 times)
JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« on: November 20, 2015, 01:35:03 AM »

This idea had been in my mind ever since I first saw the coloured av switches months ago . . . I bought some coloured anodised non-illuminated 16mm av's back then, tested the blue one on a silver hilt (http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24480.msg368940#msg368940) and left this red one till I could get myself a Consular . . . The red av on this hilt works really well, with a silver bezel, as it looks very much like Qui-Gon's, and if US were to stock any coloured av's this combination of red on the Consular would be a no brainer IMO . . . anyway, here are some pics . . . cheers Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:39:05 AM »

Yep, that's exactly how I want my Consular to look, when I get around to buying one.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 01:46:04 AM »

That really does look great. Seems like it would be a pretty simple option for Ultrasabers to add in to. After all they gave us silver and black, whats one more color? Grin

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 02:35:00 AM »

That is how that hilt should be marketed.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 02:35:25 AM »

My bad on the dark point. This looks cool though. If UltraSabers starts offering full colored Av switches I'll be getting them on all future sabers Tongue Wondering if these will be offered on stunts too. I'd have to send in all my stunts for this upgrade even my Bellicose with sound

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 04:16:45 AM »

Oh that's nice.  I thought that you had used one of Sedsti's 3D switch covers.  Just that little bit of focused color really adds a pop to your Consular.  Shmexy time again.   Cool    +1   Cheesy

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 11:42:09 PM »

I LOVE it!!  Grin I also agree with Drahcir , that's how it should be.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 04:10:38 AM »

That adds such a classy touch to the Consular and your install looks impeccable.  Point!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 01:48:44 AM »

Thanks for all the points everyone Smiley

@Haz, the Consular is fast becoming one of my favourite hits, its just so solid . . . why did I wait sooo long, lol  Grin

@Zren, The anodised red av looks really good on all mixed silver & black hilts, but not as good IMO on just silver hilts . . . I'll see if I can mock up a few examples for everyone to see . . . I also want to try my anodised blue av in the Consular with a GB blade, I have a feeling that could look alright  Smiley . . . oh and that dark point Zren  Angry haha, you can always give me a couple light points to compensate  Wink

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 05:32:54 AM »

I gave you a Point for this but frankly Brother - I'm rather disappointed. 

After your most recent Magnum Opus on in-hilt color switches, I walked in the thread-door fully expecting you had built your own AV switch out of a Red-anodized thumb screw just like on the original movie prop.

But just purchasing a regular Red AV switch . . . that's nice too.  I guess.  If you want to be lazy about it.

Wink

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 05:50:20 AM »

Lord C makes a good point there Jed, what's your excuse?
 Tongue

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 06:04:03 AM »

He he... Grin  These Sith, what do they know Jed!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 09:59:45 AM »

Now now Lord C . . . . you know exactly what happened when I took a drill to an av switch and actually tried that . . . failed I did  Roll Eyes

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »

Now now Lord C . . . . you know exactly what happened when I took a drill to an av switch and actually tried that . . . failed I did  Roll Eyes

Ha ha - did you really try literally that or are you yanking my Hilt?

I think what you need to do is cut the thread off screw, remove the plate off the AV switch then just glue the top of the screw to the composite in the AV switch.

But I'm not sure the screw top is small enough to allow you to press in - it might be too wide.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »

yea . . .  Roll Eyes . . . I really did try, lol

Ordered a red Menace knurled screw with my order and thought I'd try to drill and tap a hole in it . . . but as you discovered, and I did too, the top metal part of these av switches is just a very thin cap . . . and yep you're right, the diameter of the screw is wider than the switch button (possibly the slightly smaller lower Menace screw might fit but I haven't checked) . . . or, if using the wide screw, you'd need to allow enough room for the switch press depth, about 2mm . . .

I really didn't try that hard . . . I'm sure there would be a way . . . but I actually like the av better with its bevelled edge . . .  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: