Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496283 times)
XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 0

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2160 on: December 26, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »

ok, my total idea set (some may already be here in the suggestions, or already be working on happeningor impossible, I know)
-electrum detailed lightsabers
-saber Tonfas
-color variants for hilts (crimson initiate, azure catalyst, emerald guardian, amethyst war mace, peridot standard issue, etc)
-crystal blade plugs
-light-pikes
-proto-sabers
-a First Blade lightsaber hilt (see: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Blade for an example)
-brown blade color (bondara's folley)
-some lightsabers can have a crystal chamber (costs significantly more, due to detail and such)

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2161 on: December 26, 2013, 05:16:24 PM »

ok, my total idea set (some may already be here in the suggestions, or already be working on happeningor impossible, I know)
-electrum detailed lightsabers
-saber Tonfas
-color variants for hilts (crimson initiate, azure catalyst, emerald guardian, amethyst war mace, peridot standard issue, etc)
-crystal blade plugs
-light-pikes
-proto-sabers
-a First Blade lightsaber hilt (see: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/First_Blade for an example)
-brown blade color (bondara's folley)
-some lightsabers can have a crystal chamber (costs significantly more, due to detail and such)

I think a protosaber/retrosaber would be an awesome design! (I was going to suggest this earlier but ended up forgetting), I would be all over this idea!

I'm sure you could make a light-pike if you had one Malice claw and a few yari extentions (now that's a wicked custom *makes mental note*)

I was looking at RGB codes for different browns and if you go to Wikipedia it gives you a bunch, so with the Emerald driver you could do it yourself, but yes, a single colour brown or bronze would be awesome
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variations_of_brown
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_brown

When you say electrum, I'm sure you don't mean the real stuff, because that would be way too expensive and hard to get, but yes, some nice pearly detailing/finish would look fantastic! Like a pink-metal finish that comes as an option for those nickel finish optionals as well.

Tonfas have been done before and look great, but there's nothing worse than trying to swing a pair of tonfa that are way too big. I've owned several pairs of wooden ones and too small is fine, too big is just not cool.
If they were made, the blade would have to start soon after the handle and finish at the elbow, possibly with a forearm guard running along the back of the blade, which aesthetically could go either way. On top of that, the blade would have to be the 16" US would offer and when you get it you'd have to cut it down to suit your forearm length... that's if you want them to be practical for saber-v-saber

GCW RP - Bothan Spc Tharu Tyy'n

Catalyst (CG) - Prophecy (VA) - The Beast (no blade)
Reading Textbooks; Playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2162 on: December 26, 2013, 05:44:17 PM »

Cooper made a protosaber. It's awesome. He posted progress pics and everything.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7930.0

If US could do something along those lines (for a high price, obviously), it would be amazing.

no

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2163 on: December 26, 2013, 05:56:48 PM »

Wow, that was amazing! Cooper really went the whole 9 yards!

I was thinking something not so extravagant for the "battery pack", just a small belt addition from which a line ran to the saber, which could literally be one of those chunkier 10,000 mAh external batteries

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2164 on: December 26, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »

When you think about it all they need for the protons abet is a pommel with a cord going to a power pack that could be added to any saber really. Smiley

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #2165 on: December 26, 2013, 08:34:56 PM »

I'd rather the Chord and Power Pack be aesthetic only, with the actual battery pack inside the saber like they already have, if they were to do a proto-saber.

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2166 on: December 26, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »

Agreed didn't specify that in my post

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2167 on: December 26, 2013, 11:48:25 PM »

I'd rather the Chord and Power Pack be aesthetic only, with the actual battery pack inside the saber like they already have, if they were to do a proto-saber.
I actually think the opposite. If the battery setup was out of the saner, it would leave plenty of room for say, a gyroscopic crystal chamber? You gotta admit, that would be awesome, not to mention plenty realistic.

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #2168 on: December 27, 2013, 12:06:26 AM »

I actually think the opposite. If the battery setup was out of the saner, it would leave plenty of room for say, a gyroscopic crystal chamber? You gotta admit, that would be awesome, not to mention plenty realistic.

Then you have to worry about making sure the wires inside of the chord for the protosaber can withstand constant tugging and wear, alongside that, making sure they don't become damaged during routine saber ritual such as sparring or other use. It'd be easier to keep all of that inside of the hilt, lowering the risk of damaging parts and bumping up the costs to make sure these parts can last inside of the external battery packs and whatnot. It's a matter of Practicality VS. Aesthetics.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2169 on: December 27, 2013, 06:40:48 AM »

Arbiter\Dark emitter and pommel separate. I'm wanting the regular pommel for my Overlord. I like the deeper sides better than the Archon's.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Xaeyon
Knight Commander

読めるなら、連絡ください

« Reply #2170 on: December 27, 2013, 09:42:43 AM »

How is a "gyroscopic crystal chamber" realistic? And what the kriff is a GCC anyway?

Arbiter\Dark emitter and pommel separate. I'm wanting the regular pommel for my Overlord. I like the deeper sides better than the Archon's.

Also this ^^ more MHS components for separate sale! We know you gottem because you're selling them all assembled.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2171 on: December 27, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »

Then you have to worry about making sure the wires inside of the chord for the protosaber can withstand constant tugging and wear, alongside that, making sure they don't become damaged during routine saber ritual such as sparring or other use. It'd be easier to keep all of that inside of the hilt, lowering the risk of damaging parts and bumping up the costs to make sure these parts can last inside of the external battery packs and whatnot. It's a matter of Practicality VS. Aesthetics.

I've seen one protosaber concept pic where instead of the power pack being on the hip it was straped to the users upperarm

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2172 on: December 27, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »

How is a "gyroscopic crystal chamber" realistic? And what the kriff is a GCC anyway?

Also this ^^ more MHS components for separate sale! We know you gottem because you're selling them all assembled.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OfEiIFZEVro

This I beleve is a good example of a gyroscopic crystal chamber

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

XtheXcodeX
Knight Templar

(order of the red jedi)

« Reply #2173 on: December 27, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »

A GCC is a normal CC, but uses a small motor to spin the crystal, giving off a gyroscopic rotation inside of the hilt, similar to what you would feel in a real lightsaber.

Blades
Initiate LE v2 (AB)
Dominix v2 (EG)

please keep me grey!

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2174 on: December 27, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want something spinning inside my saber hilt.  I would think that too many impacts with a blade would cause it to have issues.  Also, I can't see the feeling of gyroscopic spinning being something "normal" inside a lightsaber hilt.  I have never read anywhere that things used to spin inside hilts, even with protosabers.  Unless you are thinking that that feeling would be something similar to a feeling of the hum of power running through the hilt, which I think would be a different feeling than something spinning.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: