Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496291 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2400 on: February 11, 2014, 04:53:10 PM »

I still would like to know the reason for the Omen.

Because...they visit conventions like DragonCon which is a mutli-genre con with tons of people and these people want more than just light sabers.

They had the technology to make it, the interest was there or they would not have made it, and they are looking to expand their business potential before their kids get ready to go to college as such things are expensive.

They support fans...started with star wars fans and now something for the Thundercats fans.

No one else offers anything close.

Nothing more, nothing less...just business.

Or...

...Ultra and crew might really really really like Thundercats and did it because they could.

lol

The difference between making a Thundercat sword which is unique and will sell quite well, returning their investment...and making a light saber in the form of "insert random saber from a video game that 99.9% of the forum members have to look up to even know what it is" or "insert weird design that baffles everyone except the one person who posted it, because it is so odd that it is nearly impossible to hold it much less use it" is a huge risk with all their current inventory skews.

Not meant to be harsh, but at some point a consideration that they are running a business and not a club needs to be considered.

Throwing out ideas at random without consideration of even being possible can be fun a sometimes entertaining but to be a real suggestion the poster must consider a few points...

1. can it be made
2. can it be made within a reasonable budget
3. will it have real potential to sell more then 30-40 pieces

If yes to all of these then you may have a winner winner chicken dinner!

Clearly the Sword of Omens met those three criteria and thus it was made.

Have a good one all!

Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 05:14:48 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

Vixus PriX
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -73

The only sober Hawk Bat

« Reply #2401 on: February 11, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »

I don't think they are unrelated to the blade, but the fact that they aren't Star Wars related throws me off.

I guess it's just something new.
(i posted this before I saw Rel's comment. I don't dislike the omen, It looks cool... I just wonder why.)

arsenal:
Dark Initiate (V3) Twin Pair
Wishlist: (all V3)
Dominix LE (silver) W. Sound, saber pike parts, Flamberge V2.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2402 on: February 11, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »

"insert random saber from a video game that 99.9% of the forum members have to look up to even know what it is"

Random note: you do realize that most of us here recognize those, right?

I would say at least 80% of us regular posters would recognize most hilts from video games.

That statement applies to the general public, but not to here.

Also, their main market would fall within the hardcore fan category, so I'm guessing a lot of them would recognize most of those hilts as well.

Granted, I don't think there are any hilts exclusively appearing in video games that are worth much of anything.

EDIT: my statistic might be a bit of an exaggeration because I didn't take a survey or anything like that, and this place isn't quite as... niche? Maybe that's the word I'm looking for... as it used to be.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 05:11:46 PM by Luna » Logged

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2403 on: February 11, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »

Random note: you do realize that most of us here recognize those, right?

I would say at least 80% of us regular posters would recognize most hilts from video games.

That statement applies to the general public, but not to here.

Also, their main market would fall within the hardcore fan category, so I'm guessing a lot of them would recognize most of those hilts as well.

Granted, I don't think there are any hilts exclusively appearing in video games that are worth much of anything.

EDIT: my statistic might be a bit of an exaggeration because I didn't take a survey or anything like that, and this place isn't quite as... niche? Maybe that's the word I'm looking for... as it used to be.

"Granted, I don't think there are any hilts exclusively appearing in video games that are worth much of anything"

This...except for the one that popped up the other day...

...that one was clean and sexy.

Most from the video games are pixelated, poorly designed, ungainly, and awkward.

But as per the above example, occasionally a gem appears from within the piles of poo doo lol.

To each their own, there is room for just about anything, but making a saber and selling it is another matter entirely.

Smiley

PS
I was extremely over exaggerating the 99.9% thing for dramatic effect, but in context I suspect your 80% is way high also in the other direction...let us agree that while some of the video game saber designs are known/recognizable they are mostly bad   Roll Eyes

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2404 on: February 11, 2014, 08:42:16 PM »

"Granted, I don't think there are any hilts exclusively appearing in video games that are worth much of anything"

This...except for the one that popped up the other day...
...that one was clean and sexy.

Most from the video games are pixelated, poorly designed, ungainly, and awkward.

But as per the above example, occasionally a gem appears from within the piles of poo doo lol.

Whoever originally posted the image can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that is a physical saber that's had some Photoshopping done to it for dramatic effect. There is another saber maker/company that makes those... I think the original post was wishing that US would make something similar. US has a reputation, huge fan base, and offer sabers that don't start at prices that resemble fairly large houses. Can't say the same for certain other saber manufacturers.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #2405 on: February 11, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »

Whoever originally posted the image can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that is a physical saber that's had some Photoshopping done to it for dramatic effect. There is another saber maker/company that makes those... I think the original post was wishing that US would make something similar. US has a reputation, huge fan base, and offer sabers that don't start at prices that resemble fairly large houses. Can't say the same for certain other saber manufacturers.

You are wrong. =D

It's a still image from a scene from one of the cinematic videos in the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiiQfvg9anA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiiQfvg9anA</a>

You can catch it around 3:00

The saber you are thinking of being made by another person/group is the same one I mentioned before. It is in fact a replica of the hilt in the video, but the hilt itself comes from SWTOR. I think US should make more SWTOR based hilts (considering they already have one, the Malice).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:53:52 AM by BenPass » Logged

BenPass
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2406 on: February 11, 2014, 09:06:47 PM »

Let's keep away from speaking of other saber manufacturers please. The suggestion for a Ven Zallow hilt has been noted and is certainly an interesting one. Let's keep this on topic of thread though, and move aside from discussion of where else something is available.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #2407 on: February 11, 2014, 09:07:53 PM »

Let's keep away from speaking of other saber manufacturers please. The suggestion for a Ven Zallow hilt has been noted and is certainly an interesting one. Let's keep this on topic of thread though, and move aside from discussion of where else something is available.

It was on topic. I was suggesting that Ultrasabers should make SWTOR based hilts, like other companies do. It would increase competition and provide attractive options for potential US customers.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2408 on: February 11, 2014, 09:10:02 PM »

It was on topic. I was suggesting that Ultrasabers should make SWTOR based hilts, like other companies do. It would increase competition and provide attractive options for potential US customers.

It isn't your suggestion that causes the issue; it is naming other competitors on UltraSabers' forum.

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #2409 on: February 11, 2014, 09:11:05 PM »

It isn't your suggestion that causes the issue; it is naming other competitors on UltraSabers' forum.

Yes but it gets tiring of stating, "The Other Guys" over and over again. Some instances call for specifics when it comes to relaying an example and making a comparison. I wasn't advertising them at all. Other businesses look at other businesses all the time to make comparisons and see what trends are popular.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #2410 on: February 11, 2014, 09:19:44 PM »

I do understand, but Ultra does not want other companies mentioned by name so please refrain from doing so. If you have further questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2411 on: February 11, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »

Yes but it gets tiring of stating, "The Other Guys" over and over again. Some instances call for specifics when it comes to relaying an example and making a comparison. I wasn't advertising them at all. Other businesses look at other businesses all the time to make comparisons and see what trends are popular.

Gotta chime in here...it is not our sandbox, so we follow the stated rules or don't play in this box.

1. no mentioning by name of other saber makers on this forum, period

2. no links to other saber makers or their saber parts, period

3. no pics that are directly linked back to another saber maker site, period

This and not being vulgar, political, or religious is all that Ultra and crew ask.

You know what is tiring, saying "please do not link or mention other saber makers on this forum". 

It is a simple rule that has been up for several years.  Members who do not see the potential in lost sales or just do not care should be considerate of those who enjoy the forum as is, as an extended social network of like minded fans of Star Wars, sabers, and lots more.

To be blunt, it is a small thing to ask...stay within guidelines or leave.

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2412 on: February 11, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »

Here here well said

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2413 on: February 11, 2014, 11:27:14 PM »

You were right, it is in the cinematic. Just looked reeaaally similar to one I'd seen elsewhere.

Yeah. I agree with following the rules. There are plenty of other businesses (of any sort) that don't offer forums for their fans to discuss the products and make suggestions.
Their house, they get to have the 1st player controller.

Back to suggestions:
While I'm not extremely fond of the Omen the concept of branching out to a few other fandoms isn't a bad thing.
US are playing to their strengths by making Omen a lightsaber. It was just a sword in Thundercats, why not take a similar approach to other sword-like weapons? Ninja Turtles - blades could correspond to their colors. The "Leonardo" could easily be used as a kitana hilt saber for anything else... Walking Dead with lightsabers, Kill Bill in a galaxy far far away, or cosplaying Jedi Highlander? No problem. Can't imagine that the sai hilt bits would be hard, especially using a system similar to Omen. Nunchuks wouldn't be difficult with a chain added between two Initiates. Donatello's bow already exists as any double saber.
I don't necessarily want more cartoon themes, that's just an example but the same train of thought could be applied to pretty much anything else.

Just please don't make a lightsaber Sonic Screwdriver... That's just stupid.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #2414 on: February 11, 2014, 11:39:44 PM »

If we must specify who "the other guys" are we can always use PM's. But simply put, absolutely no mentioning of "the other guys" by name no matter who they are, on the public boards.

Back on topic, I'd love to see the Ven Zallow inspired hilt and any other hilts from SWOTR. I think a Satelle Shan inspired saber sold as a half, would be a big hit as well as the other popular hilt "the other guys" have, I don't know the name of it. Its the one with a Roman theme. At least those three would be great additions to the US Malice and the rest of their line up. And I'd love to see them made with MHS parts just like the Malice.

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: