Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496280 times)
Steffenator
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 26

This is not the post you're looking for.

« Reply #2910 on: May 18, 2014, 05:59:45 PM »

Do you mean like a" ultravilot " led cuz you can get that from an indapendant supplier.

This was recently discussed, and we decided that LEDs that suck light instead do emitting it don't exist. Smiley
When they do... look out. It'll be like Black Friday at the candy shop.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2911 on: May 19, 2014, 12:57:51 AM »

I really hope (and believe) he meant black light as in ultraviolet.
Dark Violet Amethyst is close enough, IMO.
Actual UV sabers aren't nearly as bright as the current US LEDs (in the ones I have seen) and the effect wasn't very good. Where as the current US offerings of Violet Amethyst or Dark Violet Amethyst look quite good and get the point across. Plus some UVs are dangerous for your eyes and the people around you.

As far as actual black blades, no. Just no.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

dannel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #2912 on: May 19, 2014, 02:11:19 AM »

A feature in the Emerald software that allows you to save the positions of the RGB and W/A sliders. So if you make a nice colour, you can just save it to a button, and if you want that colour again, just hit the button and the sliders snap to the correct positions. Or if not buttons, a drop down box with all of your favourite colours.

Light side points please.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2913 on: May 19, 2014, 05:26:35 PM »

It actually exists although it's not a save-to-button feature. But you can save your settings to a file. And loading that settings onto the Emerald Driver using your configuration file is even faster than setting up, saving a custom soundfont to a file and loading it onto the saber, thus even more comfortable.

However, the idea of combining the save-to-button feature with the RGB saber switches allowing up to four different Emerald setups (your main one assigned to the On/Off button and up to three other setups assigned to the three "RGB" switches) would be really, really cool! Only requirements would be modified switches with some kind of "memory", a modified Emerald Driver allowing more than one setup being saved and assigned to the switches as well as all switches having the ability to trigger the lockup effect for their setup assigned to it. This is essential because the recent lockup is only triggered by the On/Off button - which would be unfavourable in this (theoretical) setup because then no lockups for the other profiles are activated but rather the Emerald profile assigned to the On/Off button...I'm talking rubbish, right? Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:31:19 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Decimus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #2914 on: May 19, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »

Grin What i'd really like to see is a Yari/Pike/Spear type extension of a relatively "smooth" design of at least 3 feet in length , maybe 4 foot or 5 foot even - reason for this is i really feel "spear" type sabers are the next big thing ,and the thrust attack capability is what is key to handling them in a sparring scenario/choreography .

I know US currently offers the Yari extensions but they are much too grooved/ribbed to facilitate thrust attacks,and are too short individually making them need to be combined. We need a longer, very "smooth" finish extension that will actually allow you rapidly slide the shaft thru your hands as in an actual thrusting spear attack which a lot of grooves and ribbing are just not good for.

anyways, just my two cents !

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #2915 on: May 19, 2014, 11:35:27 PM »

Grin What i'd really like to see is a Yari/Pike/Spear type extension of a relatively "smooth" design of at least 3 feet in length , maybe 4 foot or 5 foot even - reason for this is i really feel "spear" type sabers are the next big thing ,and the thrust attack capability is what is key to handling them in a sparring scenario/choreography .

I know US currently offers the Yari extensions but they are much too grooved/ribbed to facilitate thrust attacks,and are too short individually making them need to be combined. We need a longer, very "smooth" finish extension that will actually allow you rapidly slide the shaft thru your hands as in an actual thrusting spear attack which a lot of grooves and ribbing are just not good for.

This would be cool, perhaps closer to the diameter of the v2 sabers...

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2916 on: May 20, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »

This would be cool, perhaps closer to the diameter of the v2 sabers...

Excellent ideas... Also, how about an adapter for V2 to/from V3 size?

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

jedijmoll
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2917 on: May 20, 2014, 04:03:54 PM »

Hello all I would love to see a Ahsoka tano hilt from US that would be awesome then you could order to and have a short sword as well that's all I have keep up the great work US and may the Force be with you !

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

« Reply #2918 on: May 20, 2014, 06:50:52 PM »

Hello all I would love to see a Ahsoka tano hilt from US that would be awesome then you could order to and have a short sword as well that's all I have keep up the great work US and may the Force be with you !

Ahsoka Tano hilt would be awesome... Its a great design. But I think I'd prefer one with an Ultrasaber twist to it... Smiley

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS

-

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2919 on: May 20, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »

I agree.  I bought 3 of the yari pike extensions to make a yari with a 16" blade.  We actually teach yari at my dojo.  I'm happy with the look of the yari, but it would facilitate the technique better if the staff were smooth, or if it had vertical grooves as a smooth aluminum shaft may stick to your hands when you try to slide it.  I do like all the options made available by having the shorter extensions, but it would be very convenient to have one long pole available also.
On as side note, one of my students pointed out that the yari pike extension would make a great saber by itself!  I thought it would be too long, but the grooves and design in a plain aluminum shaft does make a nice hilt design...what do you think??

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

« Reply #2920 on: May 20, 2014, 07:28:32 PM »

On as side note, one of my students pointed out that the yari pike extension would make a great saber by itself!  I thought it would be too long, but the grooves and design in a plain aluminum shaft does make a nice hilt design...what do you think??

Yeah, this would be cool. Hilt would be a bit long though... Perhaps a double bladed, switch and recharge port in the middle somewhere?

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS

-

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2921 on: May 20, 2014, 08:55:04 PM »

Yeah, this would be cool. Hilt would be a bit long though... Perhaps a double bladed, switch and recharge port in the middle somewhere?
Not too long if you wanted to make a great saber

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2922 on: May 20, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »

I'd love it if US started carrying MHS extension pieces, be they male/male, female/female or male/female. It'd be an easy way to customise the standard designs for those of us without the ability to do wraps/metalwork/warp reality to come up with some of the amazing custom work we see on here Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

HowardEhm
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

Light Side points please!

« Reply #2923 on: May 20, 2014, 09:22:12 PM »

I think it would be awesome to see an official Shoto Hilt+Blade. Perhaps a 8 Inch Hilt Max and a 16" blade max?
I know of the initiate but I think a higher quality smaller hilt would be an awesome Shoto option as I want to purchase a special one made to be a Shoto.

Emerald Manticore w/ Obsidian v4 Sound

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2924 on: May 21, 2014, 06:22:19 AM »

I think it would be awesome to see an official Shoto Hilt+Blade. Perhaps a 8 Inch Hilt Max and a 16" blade max?
I know of the initiate but I think a higher quality smaller hilt would be an awesome Shoto option as I want to purchase a special one made to be a Shoto.
I've used my Dark Initiate with a 16" blade for dual weilding rapier-dagger style and it worked well, but I think your idea of an 8" hilt would provide better balance.  I wonder if there would be enough room to offer it with sound tho.

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print