Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496305 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3630 on: October 14, 2015, 05:28:42 AM »

Overlord CE please?? Like an all silver/nickle plated version? This would be sweet for sure =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #3631 on: October 14, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »

I'm sure its probably been suggested, but it would be cool on an ObsidianV4+Emerald saber, if you could assign blade colors to each sound font..

I 'm pretty sure the boards don't talk to each other currently, but it seems like it would be a pretty sweet feature.

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #3632 on: October 16, 2015, 10:06:05 PM »

Hey there, I've noticed your LEDs look a little on the odd side when seen on camera. 
Well, I have a solution.
Using several colors of LEDs on one chip, or in one module is a great idea, especially if they are in an X pattern, and are 3Watts each.  Yes, I think you need a 12watt LED option.
And we can creat several colors using the following LEDs.
Red, Green, Royal BLue, Blue, Amber, and White diodes.   I'm not a big fan of TRI LEDs in a saber, because their potential is wasted on one color, and not a mix of them.  A TRI LED can create endless arrays of color.
As for my idea, it works best if the colors are done in pairs.  For example, if there are two color diodes used to make a color, it's best if the colors are accross from each other in the X pattern.  See below for proper color mixes, and all four diodes can be used at full power while in use.
All of the Diodes in my vision are 3Watt LEDs in one single module.
White
4 White diodes.
Arctic Blue:
2 Royal Blue and 2 Green diodes.
Light blue | Episode IV:
4 Blue diodes.
Medium Blue | Episode V:
2 Royal Blue and 2 Blue diodes.
Deep Blue or Guardian Blue:
4 Royal BLue diodes.
Cyan or SunRiders Destiny:
2 Blue and 2 Green diodes.
Green or Consular Green:
4 Green diodes.
Yellow or Sentinal Yellow:
2 Amber and 2 Green diodes.
Amber or Fire Orange:
4 Amber diodes.
Blood Orange:
2 Amber and 2 Red diodes.
Red or Blazing Red:
4 Red diodes.
Pink:
2 Blue and 2 Red diodes.
Purple:
2 Royal Blue and 2 Red diodes.
I think the Pink and Purple colors may be wrong, but I'm not positive.
As for your blades, may I offer a suggestion for a third option of blade.
I'm thinking you need an intermediate between the "UltraEdge" and "MidGrade".  I'm thinking it would be interesting to see a poly carbonate that has a more opaque look, like that of frosted glass.  This would hopefully give the blade an inner glow and an ominous outer glow.  Giving the core a brighter color than the outer edge.  I think it would look more accurate to how I think a real lightsaber would look.
Thanks for your time, and your interest in making a better product.

DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« Reply #3633 on: October 17, 2015, 08:35:51 PM »

BlindJedi,  I love the idea of the newer blade.
 I also like the idea of having several new or colors, for the blades. It would be incredible to have several shades of blue, considering how prevalent blue is in the Star Wars universe.  As for a 12 W LED, I'm not sure how that would work.

I am the other Blind Jedi

Gojira76
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 23

Godzilla got himself a lightsaber now!

« Reply #3634 on: October 18, 2015, 02:36:09 AM »

I would love to see an Azure Scorpion. I would also like the Scorpion emitter available for sale in the Build Your Own Saber section.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3635 on: October 19, 2015, 08:52:49 PM »

Hey there, I've noticed your LEDs look a little on the odd side when seen on camera. 
Well, I have a solution.
Using several colors of LEDs on one chip, or in one module is a great idea, especially if they are in an X pattern, and are 3Watts each.  Yes, I think you need a 12watt LED option.
And we can creat several colors using the following LEDs.
Red, Green, Royal BLue, Blue, Amber, and White diodes.   I'm not a big fan of TRI LEDs in a saber, because their potential is wasted on one color, and not a mix of them.  A TRI LED can create endless arrays of color.
As for my idea, it works best if the colors are done in pairs.  For example, if there are two color diodes used to make a color, it's best if the colors are accross from each other in the X pattern.  See below for proper color mixes, and all four diodes can be used at full power while in use.
All of the Diodes in my vision are 3Watt LEDs in one single module.
White
4 White diodes.
Arctic Blue:
2 Royal Blue and 2 Green diodes.
Light blue | Episode IV:
4 Blue diodes.
Medium Blue | Episode V:
2 Royal Blue and 2 Blue diodes.
Deep Blue or Guardian Blue:
4 Royal BLue diodes.
Cyan or SunRiders Destiny:
2 Blue and 2 Green diodes.
Green or Consular Green:
4 Green diodes.
Yellow or Sentinal Yellow:
2 Amber and 2 Green diodes.
Amber or Fire Orange:
4 Amber diodes.
Blood Orange:
2 Amber and 2 Red diodes.
Red or Blazing Red:
4 Red diodes.
Pink:
2 Blue and 2 Red diodes.
Purple:
2 Royal Blue and 2 Red diodes.
I think the Pink and Purple colors may be wrong, but I'm not positive.
As for your blades, may I offer a suggestion for a third option of blade.
I'm thinking you need an intermediate between the "UltraEdge" and "MidGrade".  I'm thinking it would be interesting to see a poly carbonate that has a more opaque look, like that of frosted glass.  This would hopefully give the blade an inner glow and an ominous outer glow.  Giving the core a brighter color than the outer edge.  I think it would look more accurate to how I think a real lightsaber would look.
Thanks for your time, and your interest in making a better product.

I believe you are describing the basis of the Emerald setup. RGBW / RGBA

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #3636 on: October 19, 2015, 09:05:50 PM »

He basically copy and pasted how another sabersmith does his colors, which that smith accomplishes by using custom made LED stars using 4 Cree XB-D diodes.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« Reply #3637 on: October 19, 2015, 11:50:09 PM »

What BlindJedi has described is typical RGBA  Color mixing. Any DJ  that uses LED based lights can tell you this. Although royal blue is a darker blue than a normal blue LED.
 So if this is in fact based on another saber smith's methods, that's beside the point.
 As a matter of fact, I would purchase all of my sabers with LEDs done like this. I think it would be perfect for the stunt Sabres, that don't have an RGB set up.

I am the other Blind Jedi

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #3638 on: October 20, 2015, 01:48:46 AM »

Sarich Belmont,  i've never heard of any other saber creators using a LED layout like what I've described.
DarthJt, is correct, I based my colors on a DJ light I have sitting in front of me.
A friend of mine suggested using the royal blue diode to get a  deeper blue,  Like what is seen in the prequel trilogy.
Upon adding the royal blue LED into the mix, we decided we could make more blue colors, and change up a few other colors.
 Sabers with an RGB set up, could use a quad LED, which consists of red, green, blue, and Amber or white, all on one diode. technically then it would not be an RGB set up, it would more correctly be an RGBA or RGBW setup. In this case, the setup would use four quad LED diodes, all equaling 3 W each.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #3639 on: October 20, 2015, 02:16:54 PM »

Like I said, I can't say the name of the company that does them, cause I gotta respect the rules, but what you posted was almost just copy and pasted from one of their Facebook posts. They did them buy using blank LED stars and adding the XB-D diodes in the combinations you posted to make the colors, so it has been done before for a couple years. It's actually the LED people are referring to when they say 6 watt and 12 watt (which is just a marketing buzzword, but I digress).

That being said, I think it would be a great idea if Ultrasabers did custom color combo LEDs, like a Tri-Cree with two royal blue and an amber FoC die or even a royal blue, red, white for a bright purple and white FoC.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3640 on: October 20, 2015, 02:26:52 PM »

Like I said, I can't say the name of the company that does them, cause I gotta respect the rules, but what you posted was almost just copy and pasted from one of their Facebook posts. They did them buy using blank LED stars and adding the XB-D diodes in the combinations you posted to make the colors, so it has been done before for a couple years. It's actually the LED people are referring to when they say 6 watt and 12 watt (which is just a marketing buzzword, but I digress).

That being said, I think it would be a great idea if Ultrasabers did custom color combo LEDs, like a Tri-Cree with two royal blue and an amber FoC die or even a royal blue, red, white for a bright purple and white FoC.

I agree. I've been very curious lately to find out what Amber and Blue produce when mixed.

But yeah, BJ, the "other guys" specifically call their R+A mix "blood orange".

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #3641 on: October 20, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »

Well if the blood orange is the name that the other saber guy used, it's just a happy accident. I've heard the mixing of Amber and the red referred to as blood orange by other DJs. So that's where I got the name. Maybe that's where he got the name too.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3642 on: October 20, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »

Well if the blood orange is the name that the other saber guy used, it's just a happy accident. I've heard the mixing of Amber and the red referred to as blood orange by other DJs. So that's where I got the name. Maybe that's where he got the name too.

'Salright. The "other guys" didn't get very creative in naming their blade colors, like US did.

PS: You keep saying DJ, and it takes me a second to register "Disc Jockey" vs. "Dark Jedi". Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -76

Shape the Future! Give Dark Points!

« Reply #3643 on: October 20, 2015, 06:04:57 PM »

One thing I'd like to see (moreso from the saber forum users) is a Kylo Ren soundfont. Anybody made one of those yet? At least with the activation sound, I mean. Gearin' up for the Episode VII release.

Subscribe to me on Youtube! youtube.com/FlashingBladesProductions
Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #3644 on: October 21, 2015, 05:05:11 AM »

I find it funny, no one is commenting on my ideas for a new blade type. Weird.

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: