Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496301 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4080 on: March 29, 2016, 12:44:39 PM »

Here are my 2 issues with the Prophecy that have kept me from getting one.

First, the thumb screws for the blade holder screws. I just don't know how comfortable they'd be or how they may catch on costume pants, snag them, and so on. I'd like to be able to just get some set screws, which I'm sure I could. I'd just like to have the option to get it directly from US that way.

Second, the overall look. That saber has way too many features on the hilt to just be monochrome silver or black. If they reintroduced the Dark Prophecy LE on a permanent basis, I'd probably be all over it.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4081 on: March 29, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »

Wouldn't just be easier to say EVERYONE wants an Emerald and sound Prophecy?

Yes. Yes it would.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

firewisplet
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #4082 on: March 29, 2016, 09:29:18 PM »

Don't the tips at the end endlessly bug anyone else? Surely we'd have found a way around this by now?
They're like a constant reminder that you're holding an overpriced toy while they stick out with their sinister plastic-y discoloration and are blanketed in scratches that you'll never be able to rub off with that eraser you found under the couch cushions. Don't even try to forget how many times you'd have to glue them back in after dueling. Darn them. Our blades deserve better.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4083 on: March 29, 2016, 09:34:58 PM »

Don't the tips at the end endlessly bug anyone else? Surely we'd have found a way around this by now?
They're like a constant reminder that you're holding an overpriced toy while they stick out with their sinister plastic-y discoloration and are blanketed in scratches that you'll never be able to rub off with that eraser you found under the couch cushions. Don't even try to forget how many times you'd have to glue them back in after dueling. Darn them. Our blades deserve better.

Would you rather have no lightsabers? Didn't think so. QYB. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kalliente
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4084 on: March 30, 2016, 03:52:29 AM »

A Monarch LE option would be pretty cool.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #4085 on: March 30, 2016, 05:21:29 AM »

Ooooorrrrrrr, bring back the Prophecy CE, I'd much rather have that.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #4086 on: March 30, 2016, 07:05:47 AM »

I pretty much agree with this, the tips can be annoying. Having threaded tips does help with the illumination somewhat, but with some decent lighting it still might look awkward.

I'd also like brighter LED's. Some people say that TRI-Cree is almost "too bright" but I disagree, I've yet to reach my limit for saber brightness. I've read that Quad-Cree and some other options just wouldn't work, but there's probably some LED's out there that'll do the trick.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

nermaljcat
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #4087 on: March 30, 2016, 07:13:24 AM »

I pretty much agree with this, the tips can be annoying. Having threaded tips does help with the illumination somewhat, but with some decent lighting it still might look awkward.

I'd also like brighter LED's. Some people say that TRI-Cree is almost "too bright" but I disagree, I've yet to reach my limit for saber brightness. I've read that Quad-Cree and some other options just wouldn't work, but there's probably some LED's out there that'll do the trick.

Agree on both points.

For the tip, it needs to reflect light back down the blade, but not block it entirely - and it would ideally glow as part of the blade (be indistinguishable from the blade).

A pointy tip is shaped somewhat like a 3D parabola (or could be).. perhaps that could be exploited somehow to reflect/refract a % of the light (straight) back down the blade...

Archon v3.1, Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4 + Archon v2 emitter

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #4088 on: March 30, 2016, 08:20:49 AM »

Agree on both points.

For the tip, it needs to reflect light back down the blade, but not block it entirely - and it would ideally glow as part of the blade (be indistinguishable from the blade).

A pointy tip is shaped somewhat like a 3D parabola (or could be).. perhaps that could be exploited somehow to reflect/refract a % of the light (straight) back down the blade...

The blade tips are generally less bright than the actual blade because there's a mirror on them to reflect light and make the blade itself brighter and more evenly distributed. If you want a better illuminated tip, go with the rounded tip, not the pointed one. TRI should help with that problem some.

As stated above, that's basically what US does already, but I think that most of the light is reflected back into the blade with just a bit shining through. I'm curious about the pointed tip idea though, that certainly is interesting. I've also done further research and have found that one of the other guys' blades seems to have a significantly more illuminated tip, though in certain situations you can tell that the blade and the tip doesn't have the same amount of brightness. Perhaps US can replicate what they've done and produce a similarly-styled blade.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #4089 on: March 30, 2016, 10:01:10 AM »

As stated above, that's basically what US does already, but I think that most of the light is reflected back into the blade with just a bit shining through. I'm curious about the pointed tip idea though, that certainly is interesting. I've also done further research and have found that one of the other guys' blades seems to have a significantly more illuminated tip, though in certain situations you can tell that the blade and the tip doesn't have the same amount of brightness. Perhaps US can replicate what they've done and produce a similarly-styled blade.

Without giving too much away, I own blades from just about every company there is.
They're all more or less the same.

US blades are in my opinion the preferred blade, and easily the most cost effective.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

azn86.jedi
Knight Lieutenant

The struggle betwix light and darkness never ends

« Reply #4090 on: March 30, 2016, 12:34:03 PM »

I'd hate to break up on all the discussion about getting a revised / new version of the Prophecy (I think it's good, but there's room for improvement. Too plain, if you ask me).

Wouldn't mind seeing another set of curved saber hilts...something of a cross between the mantis series and the Scorpion?

I like the claw at the end of the Scorpion though unfortunately the emitter (correct me if I'm wrong) isn't MHS compatible.

So yeah... wouldn't mind seeing a curved hilt with Scorpion type claw at the emitter...something like Dooku's =D

Ultrasabers-
Guardian GB^|Consular FO|Archon v2.1 CG|Manticore CE VA|Bellicose BR|>Emerald+Obs v4
Sentinel V4 FO|Dominix LE V4 BR Staff|Dark Initiate V4 BR|2x Dark Sentinel LE V4 CG|Dark Liberator AB|Aeon V4 BR|Std Issue BS BR|>stunt
Co-Founder: Southern Rogues Saber TCC Website: https://www.facebook.com/SothernRoguesTCC/

Bedrock
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 2

I'll take on any job .... for the right price.

« Reply #4091 on: March 30, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »

+1 on a more curved hilt (e.g. Dooku, Ventress).

also, a few more emitter-only options - there seem to be more varied options on the hilts than are available for isolated sale.

Jedi, Sith - two sides of a coin that is no longer currency.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4092 on: March 30, 2016, 05:13:34 PM »

The standard Monarch is technically LE.

Ooooorrrrrrr, bring back the Prophecy CE, I'd much rather have that.

Ooooooorrrrrrrrr bring back the Proph LE, in light and dark. Even better...black and gold Proph. Shocked Whhaattt?

Sig by For Tyeth

firewisplet
Knight Templar

"You were my brother Anakin! I lava'd you!"

« Reply #4093 on: March 30, 2016, 06:50:30 PM »

Looking directly into the tip of my blade, it seems to make a ring of light that actually appears brighter than the rest of the blade, while the sides of the tip are significantly dimmer, so I'm pretty sure that its just a nub of plastic thick enough to disperse the light
Isn't there some way to round out the end of the polycarbonate instead of jamming some weird bit into it and making it look sketchy at best?
Sure, it might call for another blade option, but I feel as if tips are the subconscious bane of collectors/duelers (Or fencists, if you prefer Wink )
I'm not sure that the other guys would be too please if US released threaded tips.
It just bugs me that my ultraedge is so evenly and beautifully lit until you notice the strange smudge at the end and it almost ruins the effect.

I have rounded tips, by the way.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4094 on: March 30, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »

Quote from: Darth Logos link=topic=831.msg445697#msg445697 date=1459358014
Ooooooorrrrrrrrr bring back the Proph LE, in light [i
and [/i] dark. Even better...black and gold Proph. Shocked Whhaattt?
I'd get this for sure.  No question.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: