Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497431 times)
shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4245 on: May 09, 2016, 06:37:29 PM »

Actually, if you only have a few colors that you really want, it might behoove you simply order individual MLS w/ disconnects. Although, the Emerald does accommodate customizable FoC and Pulse functions. So it's really up to you to decide if the effects are worth the added cost.

But, but...there are soooo many colors!

I just realized, though, that with the raffle prize Crimson Scorpion, I now have 5 Emerald sabers.

Shocked

That said, and cognizant of how many MLS units I could have bought with that, there are reasons.  Flamberge with white side blades and LEE filters, for one.  Dark Menace staff where I can have exactly matched hues for both blades, for another.

My first Scorpion, I just knew I wanted with all the bells and whistles, plus I wanted to go RGBA for one.

And the last is a raffle prize.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4246 on: May 09, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »

But, but...there are soooo many colors!

I just realized, though, that with the raffle prize Crimson Scorpion, I now have 5 Emerald sabers.

Shocked

That said, and cognizant of how many MLS units I could have bought with that, there are reasons.  Flamberge with white side blades and LEE filters, for one.  Dark Menace staff where I can have exactly matched hues for both blades, for another.

My first Scorpion, I just knew I wanted with all the bells and whistles, plus I wanted to go RGBA for one.

And the last is a raffle prize.

I was a little more on the impatient side. I didn't figure I would want a Scorp in any other color. So I didn't bother investigating Emerald. But when the Mantis came out (3 stinking weeks later Angry) had to have all the goodies.

Had just an awesome deal on the CO, so struck while the iron was hot. All my other saber purchases, except the Flam, were furthering Operation: Rainbow Arsenal.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4247 on: May 10, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »

I wish US would establish a saber-builder function so that you could place custom parts together to see how they will look before ordering. This would be especially helpful in choosing pommels for V-series hilts, or purchasing after market adder parts emitter/pommels for sabers you already own.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4248 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:46 PM »

I was a little more on the impatient side. I didn't figure I would want a Scorp in any other color. So I didn't bother investigating Emerald. But when the Mantis came out (3 stinking weeks later Angry) had to have all the goodies.

Had just an awesome deal on the CO, so struck while the iron was hot. All my other saber purchases, except the Flam, were furthering Operation: Rainbow Arsenal.

Yeah, I had an operation like that planned at one time, I had notes for which colors I was getting in various V4 hilts (stunts) just so I would have color references for each available hue.

I got as far as ordering an EG Dark Apprentice V4 LE, and then just went crazy ordering the sabers I really wanted.

Someday, maybe I'll get back to it.  Maybe.

Naduk
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4249 on: May 11, 2016, 03:47:39 AM »

i would love to see grab bag sabers with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4250 on: May 11, 2016, 08:56:54 PM »

Yeah, I had an operation like that planned at one time, I had notes for which colors I was getting in various V4 hilts (stunts) just so I would have color references for each available hue.

I got as far as ordering an EG Dark Apprentice V4 LE, and then just went crazy ordering the sabers I really wanted.

Someday, maybe I'll get back to it.  Maybe.

That's why my list was to accomplished with premiums. Op:RA is dependent on Quick Disconnects. This way I can have color interchangeability throughout the bulk of my arsenal, without having to spend a fortune on Emerald sabers.

Sig by For Tyeth

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4251 on: May 13, 2016, 07:15:37 PM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30907.0 reminds me that I'm hoping for narrower and/or shorter hilts.  My Dark Mantis is a brick.  It makes for an excellent belt hanger, but doing stage combat single-handed with it is very difficult compared to an Apprentice.

I feel like Ultrasabers is missing out on 50% of the market comprised of shorter women and men.  Don't get me wrong, I think the Scorpion is a baller two-hander, but not everyone has dreams of wielding claymores.  Smiley  And yeah, going to Initiate v2 width makes it tricky to use off-the-shelf battery packs and cram in electronics.  But I think there's room for a premium saber in that diameter.

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

GreyNight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 45

« Reply #4252 on: May 13, 2016, 07:57:57 PM »

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but never hurts to refresh US's minds!  Grin

I'd love, love, love to see them do a hilt similar to Ahsoka's sabres in Rebels. So clean, elegant, with a certain femininity. I dunno. It would be nice to see some sabre designs that are just more delicate, for lack of a better term. Not that I have any problem with the existing designs! I mean, I seriously love my Flamberge and that has a massive, weighty hilt. I like the heft and power. But it would also be nice to have a lighter, thinner hilt. Though I suppose that would present design issues with the internal workings. Ah well. Just an idea! Smiley

Chilling between Light and Dark. GreyNight is Grey!

Emerald Flamberge
TRI-Cree AS Stunt Lost Grey

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #4253 on: May 14, 2016, 04:58:50 AM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30907.0 reminds me that I'm hoping for narrower and/or shorter hilts.  My Dark Mantis is a brick.  It makes for an excellent belt hanger, but doing stage combat single-handed with it is very difficult compared to an Apprentice.

I feel like Ultrasabers is missing out on 50% of the market comprised of shorter women and men.  Don't get me wrong, I think the Scorpion is a baller two-hander, but not everyone has dreams of wielding claymores.  Smiley  And yeah, going to Initiate v2 width makes it tricky to use off-the-shelf battery packs and cram in electronics.  But I think there's room for a premium saber in that diameter.

I could see (somehow) Ahsoka's Clone Wars era hilts filling in this gap as shorter premium sabers.   Their design is like a mini-Graflex in a way.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4254 on: May 14, 2016, 09:44:43 PM »

A Luke V2 variant design with the top of the neck being black? And activation box option if we want it if that'd be possible anyway? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #4255 on: May 16, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »

Motion sensitivity for fast versus slow swings. Perhaps a threshold setting that will use a font bank of fast swing sounds and a different threshold setting for a bank of slow swing sounds. I don't know if this would need a second sensor or just the threshold settings and programming to select sounds accordingly.

http://youtu.be/TOcDEUACLgo?t=374

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #4256 on: May 17, 2016, 02:15:15 AM »

A Luke V2 variant design with the top of the neck being black? And activation box option if we want it if that'd be possible anyway? Tongue

I'd second this, IMO the current Archon's look rather naked. Although, boxes tend to be, well, boxy and not as easy to grip. I kind of wish they had box switches on the graflex/chosen one that were more close to the film versions. Heck, a box switch as an option for any saber would be neet. Right after we get red episode I buttons as an option.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4257 on: May 17, 2016, 06:44:24 PM »

Just gotta get used to the boxes Tongue I did after years of owning my Anakin ROTS saber. But how about some original US choke piece designs for our MHS sabers? =] I know lots of us use the Guardian choke but that's all were really limited to at the moment

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #4258 on: May 18, 2016, 02:01:18 AM »

So far, we've had 2 raffles and then a sale.  What do you think is next -- new designs, a lull before a summer raffle, or some well-deserved R&R for the US staff? 

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4259 on: May 19, 2016, 12:28:18 AM »

So far, we've had 2 raffles and then a sale.  What do you think is next -- new designs, a lull before a summer raffle, or some well-deserved R&R for the US staff? 
Correction: A raffle, a give-away, a second raffle, then a sale.  Agreed that the US team should be rested. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: