Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497447 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5520 on: November 06, 2017, 09:20:21 PM »

I'm placing bets on:

Ki Adi Mundi or Plo Koon

Fingers crossed for Count Dooku. Grin

So this.^^

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5521 on: November 06, 2017, 10:48:24 PM »

So this.^^

I am all for a Dooku saber if it is thinner than the Mantis.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5522 on: November 06, 2017, 10:52:19 PM »

I am all for a Dooku saber if it is thinner than the Mantis.

I was talking about the whole thing, but yeah.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5523 on: November 07, 2017, 12:29:56 AM »

I would like to see an Azure Scorpion.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5524 on: November 07, 2017, 03:49:00 AM »

I would like to see an Azure Scorpion.

If Ultrasabers could just make more azure hilts for my friend here, that would be great!  Grin Tongue

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Rekr Grim
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #5525 on: November 07, 2017, 06:54:37 AM »

I know US does all rounded hilts, but seeing their versions of Asajj Ventress would be cool and fairly simple, it would just be kind of like their Dark Initiate LE but with a curve in it.

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #5526 on: November 08, 2017, 11:01:33 AM »

I'd really enjoy a Plo Koon style pommel. I really want one for my custom build. Looked all over the net, there's none available anymore.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5527 on: November 08, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »

If Ultrasabers could just make more azure hilts for my friend here, that would be great!  Grin Tongue
I want more metal tones, like copper and brass.

I know US does all rounded hilts, but seeing their versions of Asajj Ventress would be cool and fairly simple, it would just be kind of like their Dark Initiate LE but with a curve in it.
I'm curious about people's longing for hilt shapes that look uncomfortable. Is it just that these are popular hilts from TWC? I'm not trying to pick on you, but this is the second time you've suggested a hilt with a rectangular cross section. And don't worry, you're not the first to suggest either of these hilts.

However, being that I work at an aluminum extruder, a rectangular hilt could be possible even with the bend. US would just have to get creative with the internals as well as machining the surface details.

My thoughts are to look at ancient sword handles. They didn't have corners. They may not have been perfectly round, but they were contoured. An effective weapon is one that fits comfortably in the hand; something that is easily adapted as an extension of the physical body.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5528 on: November 08, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »

I second this

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #5529 on: November 08, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »

An effective weapon is one that fits comfortably in the hand; something that is easily adapted as an extension of the physical body.

I agree on both parts.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5530 on: November 08, 2017, 03:55:28 PM »

My thoughts are to look at ancient sword handles. They didn't have corners. They may not have been perfectly round, but they were contoured. An effective weapon is one that fits comfortably in the hand; something that is easily adapted as an extension of the physical body.

Hear hear!  I was thinking that an oval-shaped hilt would be amazing.  Something more like a true sword grip.  Perhaps a circular core in one tone and an outer sheath that enlongates it in another tone.  Have options for black over silver, silver over black, all silver and all black.  Add some grooves to either piece (or both) and you could have some really kicking combinations with only 2 basic pieces.  Add some vent "slits" in the emitter end and this would be an amazing hilt.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #5531 on: November 08, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »

Hear hear!  I was thinking that an oval-shaped hilt would be amazing.  Something more like a true sword grip.  Perhaps a circular core in one tone and an outer sheath that enlongates it in another tone.  Have options for black over silver, silver over black, all silver and all black.  Add some grooves to either piece (or both) and you could have some really kicking combinations with only 2 basic pieces.  Add some vent "slits" in the emitter end and this would be an amazing hilt.

Making it longer would likely make it fit worse in the hand.  It would need to be made thinner to provide a better grip.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5532 on: November 08, 2017, 04:38:00 PM »

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "extension of the physical body." I was implying the human body, not the body of the hilt.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #5533 on: November 08, 2017, 06:44:38 PM »

While I'm all for more replica saber hilts of established characters, I'm quite a fan of many of US's personal designs like the Aeons and initiates, etc.  A new line of something like those basic sabers would be pretty awesome.  If I could ask for one thing though:  new saber hilts on the lower end of the circumference scale.  I'm cursed with smaller hands, so rocking around say a Scorpion (my first saber) with its 1.5" width isn't the best feel in the hands.  Sabers like the Sentinels or Dominixes or Aeons though, they fit just right.  So yeah, if a Dooku saber is gonna happen, please let it be the slender thing it's supposed to be lol

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5534 on: November 08, 2017, 07:18:31 PM »

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "extension of the physical body." I was implying the human body, not the body of the hilt.
No, I understood.  I'm just thinking of a hilt that has a round core and an overlay, front and back strap, that gives it a smooth oval shape.  As you suggested.  Not something that extends.  I would imagine the overall size would be similar to an Aeon or Sentinel hilt. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: