Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497654 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6450 on: September 12, 2018, 10:33:02 PM »

Your logic is invalid. You merely said that I hadn't said it, and I corrected you.

I was talking specifically about the fact that in your most recent post, you had not said it. Also, I believe I had quoted you in my own post, and therefore did not see any reason to specify that "Logos had not said it this time". I understand that I did not word it perfectly for no confusion, but I'm pretty sure anyone would understand it unless they were as nit-picky as you are. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6451 on: September 12, 2018, 11:31:08 PM »

What kind of pipe cutter did you get/do you recommend? I've got one for PVC that kinda looks like a pair of vice grip pliers, but I can't ever seem to get a straight cut with it.

I got this one from Lowe's:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/BrassCraft-1-8-in-to-1-1-8-in-Copper-Tube-Cutter/999903321
Get something that is strong enough to cut brass or aluminum not just PVC since the heavy grade blades are tough and harder than generic PVC.
Then I just go around and around in circles gradually increasing the pressure with the vice screw until it cuts through.  It is nice and clean but be warned if you try to cut through too fast applying too much pressure with the vice screw it tends to swell up the blade around the cut.  And then that bulge makes it difficult to insert into the saber.  Going nice and slow without applying too much pressure at once allows for the diameter of the blade to not increase due to the stress applied at the cut.  I never would of thought of it, but the pressure the cutter applies to the blade at the point of the cut can deform the plastic and cause it to bulge out slightly.  Other than that caveat the cut is pretty clean.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #6452 on: September 12, 2018, 11:50:34 PM »

https://www.lowes.com/pd/BrassCraft-1-8-in-to-1-1-8-in-Copper-Tube-Cutter/999903321
Get something that is strong enough to cut brass or aluminum not just PVC since the heavy grade blades are tough and harder than generic PVC.
Then I just go around and around in circles gradually increasing the pressure with the vice screw until it cuts through.  It is nice and clean but be warned if you try to cut through too fast applying too much pressure with the vice screw it tends to swell up the blade around the cut.  And then that bulge makes it difficult to insert into the saber.  Going nice and slow without applying too much pressure at once allows for the diameter of the blade to not increase due to the stress applied at the cut.  I never would of thought of it, but the pressure the cutter applies to the blade at the point of the cut can deform the plastic and cause it to bulge out slightly.  Other than that caveat the cut is pretty clean.

Thank you! I'm definitely going to give one of those a try!

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6453 on: September 13, 2018, 01:34:25 AM »

Let me know how it goes, I've been wanting to pick on up

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6454 on: September 13, 2018, 03:16:50 PM »

First off, I messed up the lengths of blades I would like to see in a post a few days ago.
Here are the right numbers.
24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, and 36.
I think that is a good range of blade lengths.
I would like to see an adjustable or a extendable/collapsible Yari pike, that would be cool.
I love this idea. Points for you.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6455 on: September 13, 2018, 03:23:57 PM »

First off, I messed up the lengths of blades I would like to see in a post a few days ago.
Here are the right numbers.
24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, and 36.

Agreed, this covers a variety of ranges for a variety of different things and I believe that there would be a large audience for each length.

I love this idea. Points for you.

Thanks!  Point back

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6456 on: September 13, 2018, 09:57:34 PM »

Another Diamond board suggestion. The ability to adjust sensitivity for every single font, not just the saber as a whole.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6457 on: September 13, 2018, 11:30:52 PM »

Another Diamond board suggestion. The ability to adjust sensitivity for every single font, not just the saber as a whole.

Damn me for the double post....

But I would also like to edit Diamond fonts without the saber connected to a computer/laptop.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6458 on: September 14, 2018, 09:31:51 AM »

I never would of thought of it, but the pressure applies to the blade at the point can deform the plastic and cause it to bulge out slightly. 

That's what she said.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6459 on: September 14, 2018, 12:43:39 PM »

That's what she said.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lol, point

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6460 on: September 15, 2018, 12:37:52 AM »

Many varied designs for pipe cutters, almost all will work for cutting down poly blades. Myself, I have a ratcheting pipe cutter.

Problem I have is when i'm cutting 1/4" rings. Pipe cutter consistently tries to slip off and make a diagonal cut.

To clean up the both outer & inner edges, I use this:

https://www.amazon.com/RIDGID-29983-Stainless-Reamer-4-inch/dp/B001P81OKG/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1536971536&sr=8-19&keywords=edge+deburring+tool

Yes a bit pricey, but it does the job well. You can use sanding paper or a file, but can leave flat spots if used incorrectly.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6461 on: September 17, 2018, 03:58:47 AM »

Nickle plated coupler

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6462 on: September 17, 2018, 04:11:22 AM »

I am curious about sabers with a vibration motor... for real, I am not just setting Tx up for another joke!  Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #6463 on: September 17, 2018, 04:13:21 AM »

I am curious about sabers with a vibration motor... for real, I am not just setting Tx up for another joke!  Wink

dang it. I got a meme for that....but probably get me in trouble.   Cheesy

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6464 on: September 17, 2018, 04:19:45 AM »

Sure you aren't. Wink

Tx?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: