Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1497655 times)
NavyGodzilla
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #390 on: February 13, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »

All kidding aside, you know as much as I want to see alternative saber designs.  I'd really love to see a few extra colours that US might be throwing around or playing with outside the known forum colours.  Perhaps a  vote on what colour they should explore.

Own: AB Dark Standard,  BR Consular,BR Dark Liberator, FO Blue Liberator, GB Dark Standard, GB Monarch, PO Phantasm

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #391 on: February 13, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »

Illuminated crystal chambers!

dark side points please

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #392 on: February 14, 2012, 05:21:37 AM »

I'd like a way for the illuminated AV switches to blink or stay lit in someway when the saber off - I think it would be really eye-catching to have your saber belted with the switch illuminated.

Also, I've seen some really nice illuminating emitter plugs - a great option for when carrying your blade around just isn't feasible - if US offered them they could be emitter specific and I'd totally buy one with every saber.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #393 on: February 14, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »

I really hope Deep and Ultra are watching thees comments on this topic page. i would love to see some of the ideas here in the forums this brought to life.  Cool

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #394 on: February 14, 2012, 01:59:50 PM »

I'd like a way for the illuminated AV switches to blink or stay lit in someway when the saber off - I think it would be really eye-catching to have your saber belted with the switch illuminated.

Also, I've seen some really nice illuminating emitter plugs - a great option for when carrying your blade around just isn't feasible - if US offered them they could be emitter specific and I'd totally buy one with every saber.

Some good ideas right there IMO.  The AV switch being on while the saber is on your belt would just be too cool... sure it'd drain the battery, but it would be worth it to me.

Jenny
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 56

« Reply #395 on: February 14, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »

I think it would require more sophisticated electronics.  You'd have to have a way to turn it off, after all, and the whole "kill-key, in-hilt recharging system" is more sophisticated than the current Obsidian board at its current price point will handle, I believe.

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #396 on: February 14, 2012, 10:16:35 PM »

I think it would require more sophisticated electronics.  You'd have to have a way to turn it off, after all, and the whole "kill-key, in-hilt recharging system" is more sophisticated than the current Obsidian board at its current price point will handle, I believe.

I'd pay extra for a blinky switch.  Smiley

Maybe a continuous press would turn off the blade (as it does now), but leave the switch lit and a second continuous press would turn the unit off completely.  Then a single press to go blinky, and another single press to ignite the blade. 

I'm totally talking out of my after-burner, since I have absolutely no understanding of how the electronics work, but in terms of function, that button press sequence wouldn't interfere with the button presses currently in use (no need for a kill key in this scenario).

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #397 on: February 14, 2012, 10:19:50 PM »

A deadman's switch would be pretty cool.

Just release it a little and the blade goes out and grip again the blade ignites.

Make for some neat Trakata in choreo.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Galdor
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2012, 12:59:09 AM »

I'd love to see a curved hilt option, copper anodizing (whole saber and/or accents), and more illuminated switch options (I'd love to have a SY saber with a yellow illuminated switch).

Another thing that I think would be neat would be an option with the MHS compatible sabers to customize the saber on the order.  Want a Shock with a War Glaive emitter?  Just select it in the drop down as you are selecting all of the other options.

Also I like the Consular, but it's gotten me thinking about shrouds on other sabers.  I understand that the Consular's shroud doesn't work with  the other hilts at the moment?  It would be cool if it did, or if there was a shroud that could be ordered to go on some of the other hilts...

wolfmetal45
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2012, 02:57:45 AM »

It's be great if US made a emitter plug for people who wanted to walk around cons with just their hilts and not worry about the LED's being damaged or for people who want to make a Tantooine-style saber staff.

Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »

It's be great if US made a emitter plug for people who wanted to walk around cons with just their hilts and not worry about the LED's being damaged or for people who want to make a Tantooine-style saber staff.
Yup , agreed ! US emitter plugs would be epic! It would be really cool if they had some with metal disks with their logo stamped on it ,centered on a plug with the outer edges glowing when the sabers ignited!!

dark side points please

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #401 on: February 16, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »

The blade plug with US logo would be awesome.  In addition, an AV style switch that does not illuminate to replace the guarded switch with the US logo would be a nice addition as well.

I am finding the guarded switches to be a little hard to push at times with my thumb so I have to rely on my pinky. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Tangerinelightstik
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »

Maybe add an option to add a leather wrap on the hilt? Not sure how you could specify how much of the handle you wanted wrapped but I'm sure something could be arranged. I have seen a few wrapped hilts and they look really 'samurai' to me and I think others may apreciate the feel and comfort that the leather will give.

Dark points are apreciated. ^^

FO Dominix V2 LE

benkenobi_uk
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2012, 08:30:48 PM »

I totally agree with the non-illuminated AV style switch. I think they look really smart. A lot better than the guarded standard switch.

There's some really great ideas on here!

*** Light side points please ***

Araquay
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #404 on: February 22, 2012, 03:19:05 AM »

I like the following ideas I read:
Copper hilt with a nickel plated shroud
D-ring or covertech wheel as an option on all sabers that don't already have one
Offering belt clips
Option of a non-illuminated AV switch instead of the standard guarded switch

And if someone mentioned this, I missed it. I'd like to see jedi/sith belts available, with a functional pouch to carry extra batteries, etc. I realize this would mean Ultra would have to find a supplier/belt maker willing to make enough, cheap enough to be viable.

Guardian, Arctic Blue w/ Silver FoC, Obsidian (2012)
Dominix V2 LE, Fire Orange (2011)
Dark Prophecy V2 LE, Sunrider's Destiny (2011)
2002 MR Force FX Anakin Skywalker AOTC (2011)
2007 MR Force FX Darth Vader ANH (2007)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: