Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496293 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6975 on: November 16, 2018, 11:13:06 AM »

Adding to DPM.  Use at least USB 3.0 or the newest USB-C footprints instead of the 20+ outdated and easily broken USB 2.0/2.1. At least USB 3.0 will connect to just about all of the computers. I've said this several times and will continue to speak this into existence. 

Also, a smaller footprint for the sound boards and LED drivers since I have dented or damaged mind from spinning and dropping them.   When you drop or smack the hilt from spinning or dueling, due to the electronics shifting withing the hilt, you can dent the gaudy USB port on an Obsidian soundboard and have to carefully pry it open again with tweezers, you'll realized that a speaker mount used to hold the electronics within the hilt isn't sound since movements like dueling and spinning causes the hilt to flex and the electronics to do the same which will shift things and if you happen to drop the hilt or smack it hard against something (hilt and not blade), you'll dent or worse, damage something. 

Further more, the lack of slack in the wires (due to cost), tends to add tension to electronics like the speaker and will eventually come undone or get yanked out of it's soldered joint.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #6976 on: November 16, 2018, 06:26:49 PM »

Adding to DPM.  Use at least USB 3.0 or the newest USB-C footprints instead of the 20+ outdated and easily broken USB 2.0/2.1. At least USB 3.0 will connect to just about all of the computers. I've said this several times and will continue to speak this into existence. 

Also, a smaller footprint for the sound boards and LED drivers since I have dented or damaged mind from spinning and dropping them.   When you drop or smack the hilt from spinning or dueling, due to the electronics shifting withing the hilt, you can dent the gaudy USB port on an Obsidian soundboard and have to carefully pry it open again with tweezers, you'll realized that a speaker mount used to hold the electronics within the hilt isn't sound since movements like dueling and spinning causes the hilt to flex and the electronics to do the same which will shift things and if you happen to drop the hilt or smack it hard against something (hilt and not blade), you'll dent or worse, damage something. 

Further more, the lack of slack in the wires (due to cost), tends to add tension to electronics like the speaker and will eventually come undone or get yanked out of it's soldered joint.

Um, yeah... what he said. Definitely do what Infinit01 said.

Superbly well stated, sir.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6977 on: November 16, 2018, 11:26:01 AM »

Um, yeah... what he said. Definitely do what Infinit01 said.

Superbly well stated, sir.

Thank you, gentlemen!  I'm glad I have people backing me on this

Dude
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -58

« Reply #6978 on: November 16, 2018, 06:57:09 PM »

Thank you, gentlemen!  I'm glad I have people backing me on this

I'm in as well  Smiley Smiley  .. 

Dude
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -58

« Reply #6979 on: November 16, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »

What are you trying to do?

I'm trying to convert wav files to lsu but no matter what i do and how many different instructions I'm trying to follow it doesn't work  Smiley Smiley

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6980 on: November 16, 2018, 07:37:47 PM »

the wood portion makes it too long for my tastes. I wouldn't mind a wood hilt but its just too long.
The wood is part of the deception that it's a cane. Like this dude's:

Hi Everybody,

This Inquisitor hilt (minus the ring) looks very similar to a hard steel Katana replica that is available made by a certain cutlery firm. The actual steel blade sword already inspired another Lightsaber manufacturer to create an inspired by hilt based on it.
You mean this one?

well we now know Time travel is possible in SW due to S4 of rebels. So that may be what actually happened.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wait.........you mean there are now loop holes to go back and reintroduce the OC as an alternate timeline?

Also, THIS is the only Dark Saber that needs to be made

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6981 on: November 16, 2018, 12:39:15 PM »

Agreed

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #6982 on: November 16, 2018, 08:55:57 PM »

I want!

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6983 on: November 16, 2018, 09:09:21 PM »

I want!
I'm currently working on a method to produce black blades. After that.....we just have to wait for US to produce the saber.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6984 on: November 16, 2018, 02:41:51 PM »

I'm currently working on a method to produce black blades. After that.....we just have to wait for US to produce the saber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixhvn5J2Hg4

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6985 on: November 16, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »

No. Mine won't be an optical trick.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6986 on: November 16, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »

No. Mine won't be an optical trick.

I know. Grin  I am super curious where you would even be starting though. But obviously that's top secret info for now.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6987 on: November 16, 2018, 04:12:02 PM »

Wait.........you mean there are now loop holes to go back and reintroduce the OC as an alternate timeline?

Yes there is, while at the same time, keeping the current Canon Canon.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6988 on: November 16, 2018, 11:24:24 PM »

The wood is part of the deception that it's a cane. Like this dude's:

You mean this one?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hi Logos, that is the Katana I was referring to. I didn't mention it directly as it does get mistaken for the lightsaber replica I mentioned quite often.

And that Dude with the cane lightsaber that's Tere Sinube isn't it?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6989 on: November 16, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »

And that Dude with the cane lightsaber that's Tere Sinube isn't it?

Yes it is. The only person in TCW to own a silver lightsaber (though sometimes it looked very very light blue).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: