Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653121 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #780 on: December 22, 2016, 02:45:09 AM »

Hey! You stole my plan!  Tongue

----

Oh, and all you level 80+ guys, I just put another Galactic War in the bag.  Grin

I still finish more than I don't, but when I don't, it's a failure of magnificent proportions. I also think that's because my team is still in the 70s, so I don't draw a lot of 85 teams just yet. Once I get around to getting my roster of teams up and start cranking them, though, I'm in for a world of pain, according to everyone I've heard from.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #781 on: December 22, 2016, 03:16:29 AM »

I still finish more than I don't, but when I don't, it's a failure of magnificent proportions. I also think that's because my team is still in the 70s, so I don't draw a lot of 85 teams just yet. Once I get around to getting my roster of teams up and start cranking them, though, I'm in for a world of pain, according to everyone I've heard from.

I've lost 4 or 5 so far. It's very frustrating when it happens. Yesterday node 12 put me up against a team of level 70-72 Jedi. That was tough, but I pulled out in the end.

My A team (for everything) is Ackbar lead, Wiggs, Lando, and Lumi. All 5* except Biggs. I actually did fairly well against Gamorrean guards in the Rancor Raid today. It works really well, except for the lack of DS characters. That is great for LS battles, but DS. . . .

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #782 on: December 22, 2016, 03:30:48 AM »

I think at this point, if this game had a voice, it'd sound like either Alan Rickman (if it were male) or Captain Phasma (if it were female).

Me: Cool! I finally made it into the 80s. Ok, now it's time to do some serious strategizing and careful character collecting

GoH: Congratulations on your achievement. I now hate you!! 😈

Me: Wait. Huh? What?!

GoH: I'm now going to unleash unbridled hell upon you the likes of which will be incalculable, and I shall do so without the slightest inkling of neither pity nor remorse. By the time I'm through with you, you will be crying for your mother.

Me: MOMMY!!!!!!!!!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #783 on: December 22, 2016, 03:37:17 AM »

I think at this point, if this game had a voice, it'd sound like either Alan Rickman (if it were male) or Captain Phasma (if it were female).

Me: Cool! I finally made it into the 80s. Ok, now it's time to do some serious strategizing and careful character collecting

GoH: I'm now going to unleash unbridled hell upon you the likes of which will be incalculable, and I shall do so without the slightest inkling of neither pity nor remorse. By the time I'm through with you, you will be crying for your mother.

LC made it, Krace made it. They're still up and kicking. You can do it.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #784 on: December 22, 2016, 04:51:57 AM »

I'll just count myself lucky that I normally win.

Wow. Just get every character in the game up to 7*.  Wink

Heh, yes count yourself lucky now.  As I said, get all the GW wins in now that you can because later you will hit a wall that's seems to go on forever.  You might be lucky to win 1 GW a week.

You saw how many 7* characters I had when I started posting here and now I have even more.  I'm pretty sure that the game just raises your GW difficulty judging by how many 7* toons you have and how high your levels are.

Oh, and all you level 80+ guys, I just put another Galactic War in the bag.  Grin

Uh-huh.    Angry

Yeah, when you hit 80 your ground PvP and ship PvP as well as your GWs are going to feel like that.  You've entered a whole new bracket and now you're facing everybody 80+ with a lot of those players being 85.

LC made it, Krace made it. They're still up and kicking. You can do it.

Yes we did, but it was no joyride at times.  I was stuck at like 100 or so GW wins for a long time.  I got lucky and the GW 12 bug was still around and kicking when they bumped the level cap from 80 to 85.  As soon as they did that and I turned level 81, I started having SUPER easy GW 12's.  Basically it was a group of level 60-70's that had green or blue gear.  I use a group of 60's(lower level than the enemy I was facing) that all had purple gear to beat them every time so that the next reset I'd get another easy GW.  I was able to get the rest of the GW wins I needed to get the last achievement, which I believe is 150.  They fixed that bug later though, about the time I hit level 83 and it went back to sucking a lot with super hard GW 12's.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #785 on: December 22, 2016, 05:13:57 AM »

How many shards does the 150 achievement give?

----

I just realized I'm the stupidest person to play this game. If I would have gone straight to ST Han with Arena tokens I would have my fifth 5* Rebel in time.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #786 on: December 22, 2016, 05:23:53 AM »

How many shards does the 150 achievement give?

----

I just realized I'm the stupidest person to play this game. If I would have gone straight to ST Han with Arena tokens I would have my fifth 5* Rebel in time.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

I believe it's 10 Vader shards, plus a few other goodies.

So, do you have Han at 4* already?  It's only 65 shards to 5*.  That's only 13 shard purchases, and you can make 7 purchases every 4 days(it breaks down a little weird in the day by day) if you're in the 201-500 rank range.  If you are in the 101-200 rank range you could make 2 purchases every day for 10 shards a day.  Arena characters are very easy to farm if you work very hard at it. 

Keep in mind you have until like January 1st or 2nd to farm because the event is running for a good while.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #787 on: December 22, 2016, 05:25:41 AM »

I just didn't finish my GW
Got to the final round, and downed all but one computer character.  Vader was left at half health, with all my toons strewn about the floor around him.  *&^%

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #788 on: December 22, 2016, 06:04:08 AM »

I believe it's 10 Vader shards, plus a few other goodies.

So, do you have Han at 4* already?  It's only 65 shards to 5*.  That's only 13 shard purchases, and you can make 7 purchases every 4 days(it breaks down a little weird in the day by day) if you're in the 201-500 rank range.  If you are in the 101-200 rank range you could make 2 purchases every day for 10 shards a day.  Arena characters are very easy to farm if you work very hard at it. 

Keep in mind you have until like January 1st or 2nd to farm because the event is running for a good while.

Nice.

Yes, he's 0/65. No matter how hard I try, my toons aren't good enough to break the 1000 mark in Arena rankings. So I've only got 5 purchases every 4 days. If I had gone straight from Ackbar to Han, I'd easily get him.  Angry

I just didn't finish my GW
Got to the final round, and downed all but one computer character.  Vader was left at half health, with all my toons strewn about the floor around him.  *&^%

I have you beat. I had one where there was a Nighsister with 1/4 health left.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #789 on: December 22, 2016, 09:25:13 AM »

I have you beat. I had one where there was a Nighsister with 1/4 health left.

........   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #790 on: December 22, 2016, 11:49:48 AM »

Yes, this game loves to stall you on shards when you are down to the last couple before being able to promote.

One thing I've found is don't go into the character and "Find" the missions with shards.  Go to those missions directly from the Light or Dark options on the home screen.  I swear the game knows when you use the find option and are looking for the shards.  It seems to be more forthcoming when you just go to missions and pick one and then do it.  Also don't sim just 1, or all 3, sim 2 then 1.  This game has some weird quirks, but sometimes there are little things that help.
Thanks for the tip.

I finally promoted my RG.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #791 on: December 22, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »

........   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

If those are supposed to be swear words, then yeah, it's exactly how I felt.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #792 on: December 22, 2016, 03:05:45 PM »

Yes, he's 0/65. No matter how hard I try, my toons aren't good enough to break the 1000 mark in Arena rankings. So I've only got 5 purchases every 4 days. If I had gone straight from Ackbar to Han, I'd easily get him.  Angry

Find a different party, a different configuration, something.  If you can get to the 500-1000 rank that's 400 points a day, which gives you 3 buys every 2 days.  That is JUST enough time to get 75 shards by Jan 1st which will net you 5* Han and allow you to unlock the Emperor.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #793 on: December 22, 2016, 03:46:05 PM »

Find a different party, a different configuration, something.  If you can get to the 500-1000 rank that's 400 points a day, which gives you 3 buys every 2 days.  That is JUST enough time to get 75 shards by Jan 1st which will net you 5* Han and allow you to unlock the Emperor.

Believe me, I've tried. If only you could see my inventory and recommend something. Would you like a list of my better characters?

Have any of you seen him in Fleet shipments before?

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #794 on: December 22, 2016, 04:27:50 PM »

I believe Fleet only gives shards for those with Ships, unfortunately.  He is Arena only.

That's tough.  I've done stuff like that before.  Frustrating.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: