Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Starkiller inspied pvc saber  (Read 6198 times)
Darth Midian
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -28

« on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:42 AM »

I built this as a practice piece, so I could get a feel for cutting out the actual Starkiller shroud.   I finished this saber in the early part of 2011.  It's all PVC construction, decorative wood trim for the grips, aluminum for the bunny ears, & weathered paint job.  I installed my first recharge port on this saber.  It's hooked up to a single Trustfire 18650.  The led is a Cyan rebel with a 9 degree lens, resistor, guarded red latching switch.  The blade is 1" trans white thick walled blade stock.  It also has a covertec clip & red anodized screw. 
The innards.  Scrap thick walled blade stock for the sled, 18650 battery, & led assembly.

Recharge port.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »

OMG!

That looks great. I really don't like red so Starkiller's saber in SRD is amazing.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Midian
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 02:38:12 AM »

Thank you Kham; I also really like Starkillers sabers in TFU2, the ones in the original promo pics.  Those look really cool in blue.  The original for me though, has to be red.  I still have yet to play that game.  The demo was awesome, I was completely floored by the dual handed reverse grip style.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 02:43:58 AM »

Thank you Kham; I also really like Starkillers sabers in TFU2, the ones in the original promo pics.  Those look really cool in blue.  The original for me though, has to be red.  I still have yet to play that game.  The demo was awesome, I was completely floored by the dual handed reverse grip style.

That style is what inspired my own reverse grip style, since I'm short and long blades look funny on me.

I developed a Muay thai style with bits of Kali and Escrima mixed in.

The sabers in TFU2 remind me a lot of the Bellicose, if the bellicose didn't have the flange.

Also the sabers from TFU2 seem much more practical.

SERIOUSLY though, you gotta play that game, even if you aren't down for the story. the game play is so addictive. They could have done more but for me I cant cut enough stormtroopers in half. Please play the game. :] Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 01:55:57 PM »

I agree with Kham.  TFU2 had a pathetic story and was WAY too short... but holy crap it was fun to play.  They took God of War and the original TFU and mixed them together... it was wonderful.

Darth Midian
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 04:37:15 PM »

I agree with Kham.  TFU2 had a pathetic story and was WAY too short... but holy crap it was fun to play.  They took God of War and the original TFU and mixed them together... it was wonderful.
I love GOW  & TFU.  I have it I just have to play it.  I was thinking about having a Star Wars game-o-thon.  Starting with Kotor and ending with TFU2.
( sorry for the double post, I was experiencing technical difficulties.)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »

It's cool I removed the other one.  Yeah TFU2 is worth playing I'd say, and the KOTOR series is always good.

Bladebrawl
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »

Now that's some freakin' nice work right there man! The design is perfect, color is awesome, and the weathering is spot on! I am seriously blown away by this.
You need to think about selling these.  Shocked

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 02:39:00 AM »

Most Impressive Master Midian Wink!!!

You Truly No Your Way Around Some PVC Pipe  Cool

I Am In Awe of Your Skill At The Craft Wink!!!

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 02:41:21 AM »

Brilliant! just everything about it is brilliant! i can play tfu2 and kotor all day everyday. i love kotor.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »

Extremely nice saber.   I need some pvc, a dremel tool, and warm weather to try this.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Jason02750
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

it's a computer eye...

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »

dude, it's fudifle. kinda sad that it's pvc but yah that looks friggen amazing...

SilentFace

Darth Midian
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 12:30:50 AM »

Now that's some freakin' nice work right there man! The design is perfect, color is awesome, and the weathering is spot on! I am seriously blown away by this.
Most Impressive Master Midian Wink!!!

You Truly No Your Way Around Some PVC Pipe  Cool

I Am In Awe of Your Skill At The Craft Wink!!!
Brilliant! just everything about it is brilliant! i can play tfu2 and kotor all day everyday. i love kotor.
Extremely nice saber.   I need some pvc, a dremel tool, and warm weather to try this.
dude, it's fudifle. kinda sad that it's pvc but yah that looks friggen amazing...

I want to thank you all; I really appreciate it.  I'm sorry I haven't been on in a minute, I've just been real busy with school.  But really, thank you.

Mitth_Fisto
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -7

I'm Shade, and I'm not here to rescue you.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 09:47:29 PM »

Wowsa, that is awesome Shocked

I especially like the rear grips with the slanted activation stud collar (Not sure if this is the right terms), it looks like it would give a good grip and looks pretty cool to boot.

Cool Chaos, it's good for business.

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 04:28:46 AM »

I just looked at this and my jaw dropped to the floor, bounced back up, and smacked me in the face Wink Wonderful saber! Point!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: