Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Battery Pack Cushioning  (Read 2079 times)
neocaster
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 08:34:21 PM »

So here's the mod I did. I picked up a C-clip from Ace for 65 Cents in 1, and 1/8 diameter. Using a pipe wrench, I squeezed it until it could be pushed in. Using a screwdriver and a hammer, I tapped it down into place, and noticed that it left grooves in the metal as it seems to keep it's original shape. So I don't think it's going anywhere. Looking back on it I should have probably went with the foam route....it was a pain in the caboose to do.

+1 point for a more elegant solution (of a civilized age). I like that assembly to be snug. Not just for the aesthetics, but because unsecured sound board / battery modules have an annoying tendency to register swings as clashes. (sure you can tone down the sensitivity in the loader, but I like your solution.)

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

Live life on the edge, or not at all!

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 10:05:59 PM »

+1 point for a more elegant solution (of a civilized age). I like that assembly to be snug. Not just for the aesthetics, but because unsecured sound board / battery modules have an annoying tendency to register swings as clashes. (sure you can tone down the sensitivity in the loader, but I like your solution.)

Thank you, Sir!

Sabers Owned: Spectre in Arctic Blue with Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in Consular Green w/o Sound. Sold Sabers: Initiate V2 in Guardian Blue w/o Sound, and Initiate V3 in Guardian Blue with Obsidian V2.

Light Side points preferred, when warranted.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 10:15:16 PM »

All sorts of things (many of them already supplied by others), so i'll throw my 2 cents in.

Since the inside of most UltraSabers hilt have an inner diameter of roughly 1.3 inches, i've used 1.25 OD plastic tubing, 2 - 1.25 inch diameter plastic discs and some 1.25 inch rubber panel mount/grommets to make a buffer at the top of the hilt to the battery pack. It took some careful measuring to fill up the space but both ends of the battery pack are solid in the hilt and it can't move in any direction even under heavy abuse. I had to cut the whole length of the tubing, 1/2 way thru 2 plastic discs and 2 of the rubber panel mount/grommets so I didn't have to cut the wires, but i'm satisfied with the work. It does add a little more weight to the hilt too, but I have no worries the battery pack is well cushioned.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 10:25:04 PM »

All sorts of things (many of them already supplied by others), so i'll throw my 2 cents in.

Since the inside of most UltraSabers hilt have an inner diameter of roughly 1.3 inches, i've used 1.25 OD plastic tubing, 2 - 1.25 inch diameter plastic discs and some 1.25 inch rubber panel mount/grommets to make a buffer at the top of the hilt to the battery pack. It took some careful measuring to fill up the space but both ends of the battery pack are solid in the hilt and it can't move in any direction even under heavy abuse. I had to cut the whole length of the tubing, 1/2 way thru 2 plastic discs and 2 of the rubber panel mount/grommets so I didn't have to cut the wires, but i'm satisfied with the work. It does add a little more weight to the hilt too, but I have no worries the battery pack is well cushioned.

Any way to impose on you for a picture? I do better with visuals. lol

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 10:32:40 PM »

Not going to be able to do that. When the warranty came up on my stunt sabers, I removed the 4-AAA battery packs for a removable 18650 - 3500mAh dual cell battery set. Longer life and more consistent power output, plus they're rechargeable. Also cost $45 a PAIR. 

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: