Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sevreal Questions  (Read 1938 times)
screenaholic
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 01, 2011, 05:42:44 AM »

A friend and I are going to buy a couple sabers to duel with soon, and I had some questions.
First of all, how tough are the mid grade blades? I would prefer the mid grade because, from what I have read, they look more like the movies, and their half weight would more accurately represent the weightless energy beam used by "actual" light sabers. However, I don't want them shattering the first time I duel with them.
Also, I have noticed that on the blades page your choice in lengths are the initiate 24", and 36." However, on the double bladed sabers it says that 32" is "standard" and 36" is X-Long. On the single bladed sabers that you don't get the option of length, which does it come with? Is it possible to buy a 32" blade by itself?
I've read the difference in the Ultra-Edge and standard blades, and from the sounds of it the Ultra-Edge looks more like it does in the movies, but in your opinion which looks more like the movies?
How much do the heavy, mid, and initiate blades weigh?
Are the sabers water proof?
If I accidentally hit my opponents hilt with my blade, will it scratch it?
I noticed that the only curved hilt saber you have for sale is Count Dooku's. I have not been able to find any curved hilt saber for sale other than his, and was wondering if you would know where I can find one.
Are you planning on releasing a double bladed with sound any time soon?
What is the difference between Jedi and Sith sounds?
I know these are allot of questions, and I appreciate your patience.

Drazhar
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 12:02:38 PM »

I think I can answer most of these actually.

The Mid Grade blade can take quite a beating and is very unlikely to shatter, heavy grade is more for full force guerilla dueling.

I believe double bladed sabers come with 32" standard for purpose of ease of wielding.

More like the movies is a personal opinion thing really, it also depends on the color of the LED used. Red gets turned silghtly pinkish in an ultraedge according to most, but ultraedge provides a fuller blade with a visible inner core as opposed to a regular Ultra blade.

I believe heavy grades weigh around 2 lbs and mid grade are 1?

As for the water proof thing, it really depends on the construction and isolation of electronics.

You could feasibly scratch the hilt, but that's just battle damage or weathering in my eyes and kind of unlikely I would imagine.

I can't answer the final question, sorry!

screenaholic
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »

Thank you.

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:44:54 PM »

im not an expert either but the difference between Sith and Jedi sounds is pretty much for a sith saber the idle Hum is a bit deeper and more evil sounding where as the Jedi hum is a bit higher pitch.

You can find videos of the FX sound card on youtube.

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Max Lighter
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:43:49 AM »

being new myself i would like to add a question what is UltraEdge Heavy?

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 07:02:02 AM »

The mid-grades are great blades and can take quite a beating. The heavy-grade I prefer now just because of the fact that I do more saber fighting and do not want to run the risk of bending or completely damaging them. Basic deling and starting off, mid-grade should be great for you.
The whole blade length kind of depends on your style. I prefer a smaller length, usually 28-32, because you have a better control over the saber. You can have a certain size if you want to, pretty sure all you have to do is let them know. Staff wise, I think a short blade is a good idea as well.
Weight wise, well, if you keep the blade short, shouldnt bother you too much. There is a slight difference, but the more you use the saber, the more easier it will become for you.
Ultraedge and regular grade sabers do of course have different looks, a fuller effect or a brighter effect, so it is up to you and what you would like.
All those other ones, well, those of course I cant answer. But of course, anything else just post it and we will try to help you as much as we can!

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:03:34 AM »

There used to be a curved hilt here called the Dark Apprentice. Perhaps you could beg Deep or Ultra to see if they have any of those left in the grab bag. It was a PVC hilt but not too bad looking. I dont think anyone makes a curved metal hilt which really sucks.

Jedi sound is more of a hum,
Sith sound is more of a buz.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: