Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Your online name  (Read 20537 times)
Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« on: February 26, 2020, 11:47:01 AM »

How'd everyone come up with their online names? Any funny or unique stories?

I picked up the Taz nickname when I was about 3 years old bc of my bratty temper. The Flyr part was added in my early 20's when I used to skydive. Used it ever since and the funny thing is that many folks still use it IRL even today.  Next?

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 12:38:13 PM »

I'm a Tai Chi Chuan teacher from Wijchen. It's the name of my school, site, email, etc. So when I registered to this forum 'cause I ordered some sabers for me and my students that's the name that I used, as I do for most of my Tai Chi Chuan related stuff.

Next Cheesy

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 01:09:49 PM »

Darth is self explanatory....Tepes is the name given to Vlad Dracula III because of his favorite form of Execution.  Impaling.  Tepes means Impaler...Dracula's history is an expertise of mine and I thought Darth "Impaler" quite fits with the Sith.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 02:53:44 PM »

Hi All,

When I approached a certain milestone birthday I decided to treat myself to a lightsaber and ordered one. I also joined a lightsaber forum to learn about custom sabers meaning I needed a forum name. Well, I was a bit in denial about how old I was getting (hence ordering the saber to cheer myself up) and so I went and sat in a dark room repeating the word "Fortieth" over and over. As I repeated it I said it slower and slower until my wife passed the door outside and heard me and said "For....Tyeth? Who are you talking to?". As I was the only person in the room I replied, "I'm talking to myself" and so was born For....Tyeth!

(Technically I think I should change my name with each passing birthday but I stick with For Tyeth  Grin)

Keevaro
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 03:03:41 PM »

Random name generator. 🤷‍♂️ Just kept using it until I found a name I kinda liked, and then tweaked it a little. I had a different name I could have used, a highschool nickname that I used for most everything else, but I grew to dislike it, and now I’m Keevaro.

Light Side Points Please! Smiley
Current Sabers:
Azure Fallen stunt, Sun Rider's Destiny, Combat Ready.
The Butcher w/Obsidian V4, Adegan Silver.
Shock LE w/Obsidian V4, Bane's Heart w/Silver FoC (Fiancé's).
Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
Second Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
(Raffle!) Guardian stunt, Fire Orange.
Crimson Empress w/Diamond Controller, Etching, and Recharge (Fiancé's).
(Ordered 5/8, Shipped 5/18) Azure Grand Master w/Obsidian V4, Recharge Port, Guardian Blue w/Arctic Blue FoC - A special B-Day present for my dad for all that he's done for me.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »

Ack, my old psn username. I was an edgy little middle schooler who thought being the weird kid made him "psycho" That plus my affinity with Dark Side star wars lore filled in the rest. I've since changed my username on psn, but the cringe shall live on in my forum name.  Wink

Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 03:14:04 PM »

G is the first letter of my first name, AL are the first 2 of my middle name and EF are the 2nd/4th letters of my last name.
And GALEF just sounds like a SW name (similar to Galen) and also an Elvish type name (I'm also a Lord of the Rings fan)
My other hobby is table-top minatures, and I play a race of Space-Elves, so Galef fits there too.

Sadly, however, I kind of wish I had registered with a different name on this board: WanObi Jedi, or even Galef the WanObi Jedi, but alas you can't change it (that I'm aware of)

-

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 03:17:43 PM »

In 2007 I joined xbox live and had to come up with a good gamer tag. My friends had funny names for the kill camera. Some examples. You were killed by "the Drugs". You were killed by "loose women". I'll spare you the rest.
 I came up with Keyser Soze. The naming system wouldn't let me use it. So I tried Kaiser Sosay and still no luck. KaiserSosay365 ended up being my gamer tag.
 When i bought my first diamond saber there was a raffle going on so I joined the forum in a hurry. KaiserSosay was the best I could come up with while I had the "need a new saber sweats". I didn't think I would be sticking around the forum any way. Who knew. I wish I could change it really. I have no idea what I would change it to. Definitely something star wars related or at least space themed.

Thanks for asking this question so I could finally explain myself. I feel like I showed up wearing the wrong costume.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 03:27:51 PM »

"Carmack" is actually a family name in my wife's family tree.   I adopted it for a character I was writing about (non-SW) and I added a "K" to make it more unique.  And I found that it is REALLY unique so I don't have to add numbers after my name when I use it as a forum name, user name, etc.   So it stuck.   LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 03:42:03 PM »

I've been using GeneralMalice-  since 2001, heard a drum and base DJ  with the same name, had to take it

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 05:13:19 PM »

Infinite01 is my DJ and gamer handle since I started in my teens. I go with Infinit01 without the e with some websites due to Infinite01 being taken but its still pronounced Infinite.

Back story:
Infinite means limitless or endless in space, extent, or size which is impossible to measure or calculate.

I use Infinite01 which stands for infinity plus one which is a hyperreal used in mathematics. The system of hyperreal numbers is a way of treating infinite and infinitesimal quantities. The hyperreals, or nonstandard reals, *R, are an extension of the real numbers R that contains numbers greater than anything of the form

1 + 1 + ⋯ + 1 {\displaystyle 1+1+\cdots +1} {\displaystyle 1+1+\cdots +1} (for any finite number of terms).

Such numbers are infinite, and their reciprocals are infinitesimals

It stuck with me but I shorten it from Infinity plus one to Infinite01 since it sounds better

Cern
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »

Real name is Neil

Neil is from the older name "Cornelius"

Cornelius is from an even older name, "Cernunnos" *

So from that i named my first star wars RPG character "Cern"

* at least according to the book Iron John by Robert Bly

"Evil is never the opposite of good, but rather its destroyer."

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 06:18:09 PM »

My favourite Shakespearean play is ‘A Midsummers Night Dream’.
Puck the mischievous fairy is also known as Robin Goodfellow. So Robyn Goodfellow is the female spelling.

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 06:31:25 PM »

Back before it was fashionable, I identified with Vader (mostly SW and ESB) so I end up playing dark side on most SW games... from the old paper/pencil as well as PC/console... so 'Darth'

I'm also a nerd who took 4 years of Latin in high school (well, started in 8th grade... and no, after 4 years, still can't whisper-say "I speak dead language")
We had an awesome teacher.  As part of starting Latin I, we were asked to pick/create our 'Latin/Roman' name to use during class.   I had a D&D character (I did mention nerd already, right?) named Syrion at that time, so I faux-latinized it to add a "-us" at the end... and ended up with Syronimus, retconned to mean "of House Syrion".

The current 'nth' generation character I'm portraying is currently named after his progenitor, so on most (nerdy) things I'm listed as Syrion Syronimus.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 07:27:13 PM »

Great stories, all! Keep 'em coming? Most of them so far have taught me something about each person...love it!
Points all around!

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: