Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Author Topic: Knights of the Old Republic  (Read 66732 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #285 on: December 02, 2018, 12:01:30 AM »

You want funny Carth? Dantooine, the quest "Missing Companion." He's got some good ones for that.

Carth is always with me on Dantooine! Gotta have all of the teasing options when they first come up XD

Carth: I just don't like to feel out of the loop
FemRev: You were born out of the loop
Carth: Cute. Any cuter and you could pass for a Gammorian's sister
FemRev: Better than a Gammorian's mother

XDDD

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2018, 07:18:48 AM »

I like the quest I mentioned, if you go with the Dark Side option and have the droid go back to the woman. She goes on about how she's going to oil the droid and make sure it never leaves her again. Carth says something about never having felt sorry for a droid before. Grin

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #287 on: December 02, 2018, 08:49:19 PM »

I like the quest I mentioned, if you go with the Dark Side option and have the droid go back to the woman. She goes on about how she's going to oil the droid and make sure it never leaves her again. Carth says something about never having felt sorry for a droid before. Grin

Yup XD

Also the Sendral/Matale dispute if you have Bastila and Carth together:

B: "Wow Carth! That interjection was very Jedi-like"
C: "What can I say? You pick up a few things."

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #288 on: December 02, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »

Yeah, that's another good one.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2018, 07:19:24 AM »

gosh darned rancors. Why you so many?

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2018, 10:16:14 PM »

Oh guys...the nostalgia reading all your progress is bringing...

What I wouldn't give for KOTOR 1 and 2 to be redone with modern graphics and system overhaul...maybe expanded story line some crafting options like in Horizon Zero dawn and combat like Assassins creed or Batman...that thing would sell sooooo many copies.....

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2018, 11:05:36 PM »

I could go for updated graphics, though KOTOR holds up much better than a lot of games from 2003, by today's standards. By 2003 standards, the graphics are stunning, it was a visual treat for the eyes. I believe the XBOX was the only game console powerful enough and with a big enough disc to handle the game back in that time. The Gamecube had the power, but those lower capacity tiny discs, and the PS2 just wasn't as powerful. However, I woudn't want anything added to or taken away from the game play or story. It's designed to be the way it is, not like those other games.

KOTOR2 has a really good crafting system. In fact, it was that game that made me fall in love with crafting items in RPGs. And, with the Restored Content mod, it's quite a complete game these days.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #292 on: December 04, 2018, 01:52:06 AM »

I still think that a proper KOTOR III (where you could set and play as both Revan and the Exile) would sell great. Could be set for one or two players accordingly, and you could ideally import your Revan and Exile from the first two games.

Plus a more complete Restored content mod for 2 (there are some parts where things weren't skinned or voice acted, so they still haven't been added back, such as the holocrons quest or Dustil in the Korriban Cave), and a more accessible and complete restored content mod for the first game (not as much cut, but you still have the alternative Dark side female ending, plus other smaller things like the return of Deadeye Duncan that I would love to play through).

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #293 on: December 05, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »

I forgot to record it and now I have to defeat Malak all over again in my research run... Dx

After that, I guess it's onto the Dustil run since quest wouldn't trigger this time through :/

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #294 on: December 05, 2018, 09:05:44 PM »

Well, I got really distracted and have to start over. On my original and only play through, I started out as a soldier and went as far to the light as possible. I don't really remember the difference in classes. I'd like to do a full Darkside run this time. Any tips on class and skills?
Thanks.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #295 on: December 05, 2018, 09:48:04 PM »

Well, I got really distracted and have to start over. On my original and only play through, I started out as a soldier and went as far to the light as possible. I don't really remember the difference in classes. I'd like to do a full Darkside run this time. Any tips on class and skills?
Thanks.

Most of my runs are light side or greyish (I prefer to play by the RP aspect more than the gaming aspect). Whether I chose light or dark side though, first power was always heal. You do get a force cost penalty for using it on dark side (in combat dark side it's better to use drain life). Disadvantage to only having "drain life" as a dark sider is that you need something to drain life from in order to heal. "Force Wave" is great in the second game (it's a LS power there but universal in the first) but I can't say I've invested points in it in the first game enough to tell you if it's worth the time. Whirlwind (one before it) is nice though). Also be sure to get affect/dominate mind to get the added Force Pursuade option in certain conversations.

TBH, I found soldier the most boring starting class Tongue What type of attacker do you prefer to be? Are you 1) very much physical combat, 2) prefer to deal with ranged attacks and buffs, or 3) more strategic (a little of each but also using things like stealth, mines, and other traps)?

If 1, Soldier/Guardian is best for you

2, Either Scout/Consular or Scoundrel/Consular

3, Scoundrel/Sentinel or Scout/Sentinel or Scoundrel/Consular

Personally I prefer to start Scoundrel and then go either Sentinel or Consular because I like my stealth. Soldier and Guardian classes get old really quickly for me because everything ends up being about brute strength -_- Nice thing about soldier though is that you can wear heavier armors. Keep in mind that some force powers though are restricted by armor if you have on anything other than Jedi/Sith Robes

In terms of stills, it really depends on what you want to focus on. Sometimes you can use your companions to make up for the skills that you're weak with (like using Mission Vao to collect mines and open locks if you're not skilled in demolitions or security). Things you SHOULD invest in though if you want all the extra tidbits are persuade (for conversation options) and repair (for learning about all of HK-47's previous Masters... and how they were terminated). Security and computers are nice, but most of the time you can make up for those with one of your companions. Same with demolitions. Only bother investing in stealth if you plan on using it (requires a stealth generator), and have enough treat injury that you're not inept XD

Attribute points are going to vary depending on your class build. Keep in mind though that if you're walking to sweet talk your way through stuff with persuade or Force persuade, invest in Charisma.

Also keep in mind with your weapon feat builds whether you're wanting to do single wielding or dual wield or staff. Two weapons can do less damage if you're not built for it.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #296 on: December 05, 2018, 10:39:25 PM »

Just downloaded the Restored Content mod for KOTOR 1, so I'm going to start a new DS female playthrough now. I need my feels ending Dx

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2018, 10:50:45 PM »

I wish they had the Steam Workshop for the first game, like they do for the second one. It makes installing mods a breeze on Steam. But, such is life.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #298 on: December 06, 2018, 12:32:47 AM »

I wish they had the Steam Workshop for the first game, like they do for the second one. It makes installing mods a breeze on Steam. But, such is life.

I can link you where I downloaded if you want. Working on posting a youtube of the first difference I noticed, when you wake up on Taris. Carth mentions that you were "slipping in and out of consciouness for a few days" but in the mod you actually get to see bits of it Cheesy also, Carth needs a Sith uniform too to get into the base >.> Just finished the quest for the second uniform

Only thing is I'm not sure how you would get it to work on Xbox. I have no idea how that works...

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #299 on: December 06, 2018, 12:38:43 AM »

It's on Nexus Mods

Nexus Mods KOTOR 1 Restored Content Modification

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: