Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New customer questions  (Read 2348 times)
Deedzy
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« on: July 14, 2011, 08:45:04 PM »

Hi guys I am on the verge of ordering my first saber from ultra, well two actually, a dark war glaive for myself and an initiate for my son and I have a question.

I was going to go with a ultraedge heavy for mine and wondered if the blades were 36" as standard, being 6 foot 9 inches tall I would def prefer the longest blade possible.

I'm also kind of worried that this place will send me broke lol.

Thanks in advance Smiley

I am Sith and if you feel I have earned a point I would prefer Dark Side.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »

To answer your first question, yes the standard is 36".  It is probably very necessary for someone as tall as you!

About the going broke part, I'm gonna have to confirm this.  You hang around these forums or the Ultrasabers site too long, you will indeed go broke because these things are addictive, and they're always coming out with new awesome crap for us to drop money on haha.

Good luck!  Hope you and your son enjoy your sabers.

Deedzy
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:25:59 PM »

Thanks Nero for the quick reply, I have been lurking on these forums for the past week or so reading other saber enthusiasts reviews and have been amazed with fantastic community here  Smiley

Well I'm off to start my ultrasaber collection, the only downside is that I'm an aussie and i will probably have to wait weeeeks before i can lay my hands on it!   Sad

Tengen Toppa Angel X
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 38

Logan Salazar - Tengen Toppa Angel X - Ultra 2

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »

I was going to go with a ultraedge heavy for mine and wondered if the blades were 36" as standard, being 6 foot 9 inches tall I would def prefer the longest blade possible.

ok im jealous im 6 foot 2 inches in height T^T lol yes 36 is the longest. However in my height i use 32" and even thats a little heavy, but maybe our height difference is enough for 36" Grin

"Beneath the light....comes judgement!" - Cecil Harvey

Lightside points please

owned sabers:

Prophecy - Consular Green
MR Darth Maul (converted)
MR Luke ROTJ (converted)
ForceFX Luke ESB Black Series
Catalyst - Diamond Controller

Deedzy
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:59 PM »

ok im jealous im 6 foot 2 inches in height T^T lol yes 36 is the longest. However in my height i use 32" and even thats a little heavy, but maybe our height difference is enough for 36" Grin

Trust me mate it isn't all that it's cracked up to be, I find it nearly impossible to buy pants that fit me in the leg lol  Grin

Tengen Toppa Angel X
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 38

Logan Salazar - Tengen Toppa Angel X - Ultra 2

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »

lol so im not alone? :DDD xD lmao i know that feelin, but to be honest i love bein tall Wink lol but id say since between us there a 7" diff. between our height where as the blade difference is 4" so i say that 36 is a good choice Smiley

"Beneath the light....comes judgement!" - Cecil Harvey

Lightside points please

owned sabers:

Prophecy - Consular Green
MR Darth Maul (converted)
MR Luke ROTJ (converted)
ForceFX Luke ESB Black Series
Catalyst - Diamond Controller

Jodaan
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -36

Owner of "We Cook Ewoks", Fine Restaurant

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »

Well, as far as I can say, since I have a friend's War Glaive calmly wainting in my room, the Heavy Grade fits nicely with this saber. But if you want my advice : it's really not necessary to take a heavy grade, regular ones are nice and you won't regret a bad blow for they are lighter.

But it's all a question of personal tastes : I prefer the midgrades 'cause they make less damage to my sparing partner and they are easier to wield.

Clawed Dark Prophecy LE Violet Amethyst
Standard Issue Arctic Blue
Grab Bag -> Incoming <-

Friends' sabers I offered : 12

Dire que notre traduction est "Sabre laser"... Pourquoi pas "Lampe de Poche de combat" ...

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 07:02:18 AM »

Trust me mate it isn't all that it's cracked up to be, I find it nearly impossible to buy pants that fit me in the leg lol  Grin

I feel your pain bud. I'm 6'5" and I just order my pants online anymore. Big and tall in Penny's or something really just means that's where you'll find the 64" waist pants. Nothing for tall skinny people.

And yes, you'll be just fine with the 36" blades.

War Glaive - RGB - Sith Sound board.
Special Edition Prophecy - RGB
Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue
Dominix V2 LE - Sunriders Destiny
Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V2 LE - Blazing Orange
Force FX - Darth Vader

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 02:56:37 AM »

I'm also kind of worried that this place will send me broke lol.

There's no lol about it, it will...one peice of advice:  stay away from the US website...ha   The best part of it is the "myreward" points do add up.  I all ready have enough for a free saber, but I'm saving it for a special saber that hopefully will be released sometime in the near future.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: