Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Tip  (Read 1535 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: June 29, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »

Just a quick tip, since the cellophane is no longer glued in, to keep it from sliding out, kinda unravel the cellophane or until it widens in the blade. Like twist it I think counter clockwise basically. Did that to a few other custom blades and was like, ohh that's how I always used to do that before Tongue I always used to make custom blades of my own so. Like the cellophane will stay tight in the blade better once it expands more

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 02:44:34 AM »

Thanks for the tip, can you PM me where you buy blade blanks, I have a design idea for blade plugs and I want to try it.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:08:38 AM »

TCSS, were allowed to talk about them so =] Just get thick wall trans white blade stock for blade plug making, full 40 inch length so you can make as many as you want. At least I like the trans white style plugs anyway since they still glow say if a saber has windows or something

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 12:15:37 PM »

TCSS, were allowed to talk about them so =] Just get thick wall trans white blade stock for blade plug making, full 40 inch length so you can make as many as you want. At least I like the trans white style plugs anyway since they still glow say if a saber has windows or something

I'm looking for clear blades, what would I buy for that? I'm guessing this one? http://www.ultrasabers.com/34-Thin-walled-Trans-White-PolyC-40-long-P530.aspx

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 05:56:46 PM »

Hi.  You can go to a plastics store... often plumbing/construction related and see if they sell individual long tubes of either acrylic or polycarb.  Can come in clear to many different primary colors.  I mostly get the thicker tube version.

This is what I use to make all my blade plugs after cutting down to appropriate length.  Either use a dremel with a for plastics wheel or a pipe cutter.  Also can often purchase 3 foot acrylic tubes from Amazon.  Just make sure that you get the outer diameter at 1 inch.  Smiley

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »

Hi.  You can go to a plastics store... often plumbing/construction related and see if they sell individual long tubes of either acrylic or polycarb.  Can come in clear to many different primary colors.  I mostly get the thicker tube version.

This is what I use to make all my blade plugs after cutting down to appropriate length.  Either use a dremel with a plastics wheel or a pipe cutter.  Also can often purchase 3 foot acrylic tubes from amazon.  Just make sure that you get the outer diameter at 1 inch.  Smiley

This is exactly the info I needed! Brilliant man, thank you!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 06:06:49 PM »

Hope you get what you need... one of those approx. 6-8 foot tubes will last a long time lol.  Cheesy

Blade tips if wanted will need to be purchased from the US site.  I have seen a few really good interesting custom blade plugs that incorporate them.  Smiley

Death Cyborg
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

Naughty Person

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 09:45:10 PM »

Just a word if I may. If you are only making blade plugs either Acrylic or Polycarbonate should work equally well.
But If you are looking to make an actual blade, especially a dueling blade, use ONLY Polycarbonate !
Acrylic can shatter into large pieces with razor sharp edges..... and if you are dueling when it shatters, those razor sharp pieces will be flying right at you.
We use both plastics at work and have seen Polycarbonate hit by forklifts with only a scratch, yet Acrylic (Plexiglass) can chip or crack falling off a table.
Polycarbonate is the safe way to go. 

Sabers Owned:
Initiate V2 with Sun Riders Destiny Heavy Grade UE Blade
Dark Initiate V2 with Fire Orange Mid Grade Blade
For now......Mwahahahahahaha !!!
(__(((((__o_(((_]]                                                           
(__(((((__0_(((_]]                                                            

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 10:18:56 PM »

Good advice and reminder DCy.  This post's conversation has expanded beyond the original sharing even though related.  I agree that acrylic is only appropriate for blade plugs, display blades and even non-contact practice blades for saber forms and some non-tossing spinning techniques.  Smiley

point  Smiley

Madness
Knight Ensign

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 12:26:12 AM »

Excellent advice by all, thanks so much and sorry to jack your post :p

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 02:11:55 AM »

I don't care The more info the better Tongue I was just mostly talking about the new cellophane thing US's does now with not glueing it in which is nice, makes the blades brighter I think

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: