Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Spectre Video Review  (Read 2515 times)
Stone37
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 82

« on: August 23, 2018, 10:53:14 PM »

Hello forum!

In my video review of the Spectre (my second, as I have also reviewed the Prophecy during the 3rd Video Rewards program) I attempted to answer a few common questions I've been seeing in the forum about the size, comfort, and weight of this saber.  I am in love with this saber!  It feels like it leaped right out of Star Wars and into my hand.  I hope you enjoy the video. Please let me know if you have any other questions that I did not cover.  Cool

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUHlntdXooo&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 03:39:12 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 11:23:59 PM »

Nice. Too bad no blade view though, but still in one of my favorite blade colors though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 11:26:05 PM »

Nice Spectre, I did not know that the handguard was removable as well.  Good to know since I plan I’m ordering the emitter. Point

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 11:58:44 PM »

Nice Spectre, I did not know that the handguard was removable as well.  Good to know since I plan I’m ordering the emitter. Point
The guard and the shrowd surrounding the hilt can both be removed. The saber has to be seen and held to truly understand its awesomeness.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 11:59:21 PM »

Thanks for the review, nice video.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 12:03:00 AM »

The guard and the shrowd surrounding the hilt can both be removed. The saber has to be seen and held to truly understand its awesomeness.

Thanks for more insight. I think it looks good it just didn’t stand out in pictures. I do want to see it in person and weld it though, it will probably change my
Mind about it.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 02:49:21 AM »

You covered some excellent points in this

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 04:47:33 AM »

For aesthetics you spec'd this out perfect IMO. Appreciate that you tackled some important question and I enjoyed your review. Thanks!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 05:23:10 PM »

For aesthetics you spec'd this out perfect IMO. Appreciate that you tackled some important question and I enjoyed your review. Thanks!
Thank you, I really wanted that Rebels look. The only feature I passed on was the D-ring. The one's with the windows and the engraved hilt also look amazing.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 12:43:27 AM »

Nice review, thanks a lot. Grin I like how you got into the weight and touched on something that people seem to overlook: steel swords are heavy. They're much heavier than a lot of aluminum sabers with polycarbonate blades. Of course, the weight will vary by sword, just as it does by saber.

Also, the Aeon V3 isn't US's longest hilt by a long shot. They have several that are well over 12.25" long. But, it was a good size comparison, as many people are familiar with those sabers.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 02:10:30 AM »

Thanks so much for the video review. So I'm guessing the Spectre is comparable to the Scorpion? I love my Scorpion and I can not wait to get my hands on the Spectre. You've sold me on it. I was thinking about pulling the trigger and now it's going to be a done deal real soon. Point to you.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 01:46:58 PM »

Great review very informative.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2018, 12:11:46 AM »

Nice review, thanks a lot. Grin I like how you got into the weight and touched on something that people seem to overlook: steel swords are heavy. They're much heavier than a lot of aluminum sabers with polycarbonate blades. Of course, the weight will vary by sword, just as it does by saber.

Also, the Aeon V3 isn't US's longest hilt by a long shot. They have several that are well over 12.25" long. But, it was a good size comparison, as many people are familiar with those sabers.

I was looking around and saw how big some of the large sabers are! You're right, the Aeon is not the biggest, but I'm glad I had one for a size comparison.

The weight of the Spectre is a real plus for me. It doesn't feel like a baton or a toy when swinging it. It has real weight behind it and that adds to the joy of this saber. I use it to practice Kendo when I'm feeling the urge to mix things up a bit.

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »

Thanks so much for the video review. So I'm guessing the Spectre is comparable to the Scorpion? I love my Scorpion and I can not wait to get my hands on the Spectre. You've sold me on it. I was thinking about pulling the trigger and now it's going to be a done deal real soon. Point to you.
Glad I could be of help. Did you end up ordering one? Did you go with any different options than mine? I've really enjoyed seeing all the different ways this saber can be customized!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 04:46:07 PM »

Beautiful saber! Looks great with just the straight black anodized body.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: