Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Problem with Sunrider's Destiny LEDs  (Read 663 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« on: September 20, 2018, 03:10:55 AM »

I have a saber in Sunrider's Destiny (which is a combination of the blue and green color LEDs) but lately the blue LED has been going in and out, so sometimes my saber is Sunrider's Destiny and other times it's Consular green. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue, or how to fix it? It happened out of the blue tonight. I turned it on tonight and after a few minutes it was green. Nothing crazy happened as far as I can tell (TBH, I use it mostly as a glorified flashlight, which was what I was using it as when this happened).

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 04:00:33 AM »

If you don't have a buck puck that can happen in the resistor setup due to your batteries being low.  Blue LEDs suck more juice so they are going to go out first and your saber will start looking greener and greener until it is basically consular green like you describe.  This just happened to my arctic blue saber right now and I am charging the batteries up to remedy.  Also it seems if you turn off the saber for a little bit, you get the original color for a little while but again the weak batteries won't be able to sustain the power hungry blue LEDs for long and it will start turning green pretty quick again.

So in short, charge up your batteries or put fresh ones in and that will solve the problem, that is until they get low again.  In a way I like it because it signals to me when my batteries are getting low and needing a recharge.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »

Edon's right, start with the obviously and something cheap like batteries first, if that doesn't work, I'd contact Ultrasabers customer service.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »

There's actually a thread about this:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=185.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: