Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Claw combination questions  (Read 1701 times)
Arcadius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -12

Without emotions, we are powerless.

« on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »

I own a Phantom LE, and I'm thinking of adding claws to it. My current idea is to use two war glaive claws and one raven (regular or ss... I'm not sure which one yet). Does this sound like a good combination, or am I better off trying something else?

Second, would the above combination look better with the war glaive claws in black or in its regular silver?

The Jedi speak of freedom, yet know nothing of true freedom. They speak of knowing the force, but know nothing of the true power of the force.

Dark side points please!

Sabers:
PO Phantom LE V3 Staff
GB Blue Liberator (fiancee's)
AS Omen w/filters (dead)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »

It really depends on what kinda look you're going for.  I think two War Glaive claws with a single Raven claw would look pretty cool, though personally having one different claw might bug me eventually.  I'm not sure what kind of effect that might have on the balance of the hilt either.

If  I were gonna go for claws for the Phantom LE, I would personally get the silver - it'd go nicely with the silver grooves on the hilt.

Arcadius
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:57:31 PM »

I'm primarily thinking about the combo because the look of just ravens doesn't look quite right to me (although having two regular and one ss might look pretty cool). And I'll admit - I'm intentionally covering some of the silver grooves on the handle because there is a little too much silver for my liking. But you have a point about how it would look with the grooves, and I imagine all silver claws would look more consistent than mixed black/silver.

That said, (since I really like the look of the war glaive claws), would the shorter (5.25 inch I think) regular raven look better with the war glaives, or the 7.25 inch ss raven? The lay-out of this combination would likely be this: the raven claw on the back (ie, near the retention screw for the blade), and the war glaives on either side of the raven.

The Jedi speak of freedom, yet know nothing of true freedom. They speak of knowing the force, but know nothing of the true power of the force.

Dark side points please!

Sabers:
PO Phantom LE V3 Staff
AS Omen w/filters (dead)

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »

It's a personal preference really.  And it will depend on how long your blade is.  Full 36" I would use the longer SS claw.  Shorter 32 - 24" i would use the regular claw.

Consider using one of each claw on opposite sides.  It will create a neat and unique look that I think you'll like.  At least I like how it looks in my head.

Cheers.

Arcadius
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 04:08:55 PM »

Considering I'm using 32" blades, the shorter does make sense, and I kinda prefer its angle anyway (it looks slightly more sinister).

As for the one of each - would that mean nothing on the back or front, a raven on one side and a war glaive on the other? Or front and back, and nothing on the side? If it's the former, I think I can picture it in my head, and that could look quite cool.

My other idea (using the three) would be to make something close to a dragon's claw, with the three forming a triangular shape.

Dark side points please!

Sabers:
PO Phantom LE V3 Staff
AS Omen w/filters (dead)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: