Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anybody hang a saberstaff from your covertech?  (Read 1902 times)
Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« on: May 19, 2017, 01:41:32 AM »

I'm getting ready to buy a second saber with the intent to make a staff. I already have a covertech wheel on the first one I bought. It's near the pommel, but I did some measuring and it seems like it should workout because there is still a lot more weight hanging below the wheel with a second saber. Meaning that it wouldn't be right in the middle and be prone to spin around in circles while wearing it.

I'm just wondering if you guys have any experience with this or if it is a horrible idea all together. I'd like to know because before I order the second saber and coupler if the second saber will need a covertec wheel instal or not. Obviously the less things sticking out on the hilt would make it easier to wield.

Or I could get a cover tech on the new one as well and hang them from either sides of my belt and get a quick release coupler and put them together when I want a staff, and have the option to duel wield.

Opinions fellow Jedi???

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:15:39 AM »

I haven't done it yet, but I plan to with my next saber. I think it should be fine.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 11:58:07 AM »

I'm getting ready to buy a second saber with the intent to make a staff. I already have a covertech wheel on the first one I bought. It's near the pommel, but I did some measuring and it seems like it should workout because there is still a lot more weight hanging below the wheel with a second saber. Meaning that it wouldn't be right in the middle and be prone to spin around in circles while wearing it.

I'm just wondering if you guys have any experience with this or if it is a horrible idea all together. I'd like to know because before I order the second saber and coupler if the second saber will need a covertec wheel instal or not. Obviously the less things sticking out on the hilt would make it easier to wield.

Or I could get a cover tech on the new one as well and hang them from either sides of my belt and get a quick release coupler and put them together when I want a staff, and have the option to duel wield.

Opinions fellow Jedi???

Hey there! So... Which saber is it? I ask because the concern isn't really on if it's prone to spinning, just as you said it shouldn't since there is more wait bellow the covert due to the second saber. However, hanging a saber staff from one single covertec clip is a lot of weight on that spot. I tried hanging my double menace SE from a single covertec clip (take into account the wheels on the menace are near the emitter instead of the pommel), and although it worked, it looked and felt a bit weird. It looks canon/original, but make sure that your belt is tight around your waist, or your trousers will end on the floor XD. I'll try what you mentioned, getting a quick release coupler, should be fun and practical, but won't look as authentic.

So, in summary, you should be fine even if the covertec wheel is near the pommel. The only problem you might have is when wielding it, a covertec wheel in more or less the centre of the saber isn't too practical or comfortable, but nothing that some practice cannot solve!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 12:09:48 PM »

I put mine into my retention screw hole so its up and out of the way.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 01:32:04 PM »

Just make sure you specify on your order that you want it above the switch.  I didn't do that on the staff I ordered and the US tech who did mine put them both by the pommel.  So, assembled, I have two Covertec wheels right near each other in the center of the saber.  Roll Eyes  Fortunately, I don't use it as a staff, but the tech didn't know that.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »

As previously mentioned by our fellow forum members, I would think that the most immediate concerns would be the placement of the covertec wheel and the weight of the saber staff.  From experience I know that the covertec clip is fairly robust and should handle the weight of the sabers; however, like CK mentioned just watch your belt  Wink. What SFD stated would be my biggest concern: if you can have US place the wheel nearer the emitter I would think that would be the best solution for you.  And if you're concerned about the "canon look," Darth Vader hung his saber from his belt from the emitter, pommel down  Cheesy.
Regardless, I would like to see how this looks/works^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001GTY0Q4/ref=mp_s_a_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1496142707&sr=8-26&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=sword+sheath if recommend this.  I use it for a so for saber but you could fit a spear or staff in this and sling it over your back like rey's staff. The wheel can actually anchor it a bit of you get it right

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »

I use a quick release coupler with a covertec on both. Comfortable, and looks pretty awesome.

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: