Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: One year review of Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink by ANoob  (Read 978 times)
ANoob
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 15

« on: September 21, 2023, 08:08:46 PM »

Pro

Great for disasters (I actually used it for a real disaster)

Great for costume and socializing

Con

Extremely uncomfortable at night and for dancing

Windows are very poorly placed and sharp

Over all I would not recommend this saber. It was an impulse buy. I wish I had gotten the initiate v3 version instead.
I definitely prefer non windowed sabers.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

Azure Fallen diamond my main dancing saber

Initiate v2 stunt in orange cannot tell what one
Now with 40in night blade ultra edge heavy grade main sleep saber

Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink purely a daytime and disaster saber

Crimson Dominicide in BR lite sound
My number 2 sleep  saber

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023, 04:03:52 AM »

Good succinct review.  I agree with your points, especially with the windows and just how sharp and uncomfortable they are.  I've found that the Apprentice (along with its big brother the Sentinel) v5 shares that very problem.  By contrast, the v4 iteration (of both) is an absolutely spectacular hilt with excellent choke points, comfort, and style  Cool

One bit I respectfully disagree with you on: I LOVE emitter windows  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 01:59:15 PM »

You raise some fair points in terms of use. The emitter windows on the Apprentice/Sentinel V5 are on the sharp side. As The Dutchman said, the V4 sabers don't have that issue. The Initiate/Aeon V4 used to have somewhat sharp edges on the windows, but Ultrasabers started rounding them years ago. Plus, you can get V4 sabers without windows. I have a number of V4 sabers, Initiates, Aeons, Dominixes, Apprentices and Sentinels, with and without windows, and they're all good. If you get another saber, I recommend either a V4 or that V3 you mentioned or even a V2. Though, the Initiate V2 is extremely short. But, they're all good sabers and all very smooth to handle, which will work great for your purposes.

ANoob
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 08:20:41 PM »

You raise some fair points in terms of use. The emitter windows on the Apprentice/Sentinel V5 are on the sharp side. As The Dutchman said, the V4 sabers don't have that issue. The Initiate/Aeon V4 used to have somewhat sharp edges on the windows, but Ultrasabers started rounding them years ago. Plus, you can get V4 sabers without windows. I have a number of V4 sabers, Initiates, Aeons, Dominixes, Apprentices and Sentinels, with and without windows, and they're all good. If you get another saber, I recommend either a V4 or that V3 you mentioned or even a V2. Though, the Initiate V2 is extremely short. But, they're all good sabers and all very smooth to handle, which will work great for your purposes.

I laughed at the last line of what you wrote. I guess you are talking about at night. I do have the Initiate v2. That saber I like best with my 40 inch night blade on it. At night that saber along with the Dominicide are the most comfortable at night.

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

Azure Fallen diamond my main dancing saber

Initiate v2 stunt in orange cannot tell what one
Now with 40in night blade ultra edge heavy grade main sleep saber

Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink purely a daytime and disaster saber

Crimson Dominicide in BR lite sound
My number 2 sleep  saber

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2023, 01:05:13 AM »

I laughed at the last line of what you wrote. I guess you are talking about at night. I do have the Initiate v2. That saber I like best with my 40 inch night blade on it. At night that saber along with the Dominicide are the most comfortable at night.

To be fair, I meant both the dancing and sleeping. I don't dance with sabers, (I'd probably hurt myself) but I do like to spin them and some hilts just aren't good for spinning. I'd imagine they won't be good for dancing either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: