Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help..Did I just screw up my saber??  (Read 4650 times)
JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 07:14:32 AM »

Thanks for the vid, helps a lot......  Smiley

You have quick disconnects yes?
The black connector is the main LED and the smaller red one is FoC, take the LED Module out again and check the connectors, it may be that simple....
Otherwise you may have a solder join on the LED board inside the Module that has a dodgy connection..... Sometimes when the Module is too close to the Blade Emitter they can grip and when you screw the emitter it can twist the LED Module and damage the solder connections on the LED Board.....

The other thing is sometimes the gap next to the switch inside is quite narrow and you need to feed the quick disconnect wires and connectors to one side of the switch so the LED Module sits back down in the hilt..... The connectors can get in the way and stop the Module from sitting down in the right spot..... Sometimes the quick disconnectors get stuck next to the switch and you need to carefully move them free to change the LED Module....

Best advice is check the quick disconnects first, if that works, All Good...... If not, send it back in for US to check it out....

Cheers  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 07:23:22 AM »

Here is a video to show what is happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIAVgIScmgA

Brother, it looks like you have a loose connection.  Something is either loose or shorting.

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 03:26:12 PM »

The black connector is the main LED and the smaller red one is FoC, take the LED Module out again and check the connectors, it may be that simple....
Otherwise you may have a solder join on the LED board inside the Module that has a dodgy connection..... Sometimes when the Module is too close to the Blade Emitter they can grip and when you screw the emitter it can twist the LED Module and damage the solder connections on the LED Board.....

The other thing is sometimes the gap next to the switch inside is quite narrow and you need to feed the quick disconnect wires and connectors to one side of the switch so the LED Module sits back down in the hilt..... The connectors can get in the way and stop the Module from sitting down in the right spot..... Sometimes the quick disconnectors get stuck next to the switch and you need to carefully move them free to change the LED Module....

Best advice is check the quick disconnects first, if that works, All Good...... If not, send it back in for US to check it out....

Cheers  Smiley

Any advice on how to feed the wires back down into it.  You're right it is a pretty tight fit

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »

Cheers  Smiley

ANy advice on how to get the wires down in there? Its such a tight fit.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 09:25:31 PM »

I found that the flat end of the retention screw wrench (so holding it like a miniature hockey stick) is a useful tool for feeding wires down - I have to do it on my Mantis, which seems to be a similarly tight fit with the quick disconnects attached.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 10:01:15 PM »

I found that the flat end of the retention screw wrench (so holding it like a miniature hockey stick) is a useful tool for feeding wires down - I have to do it on my Mantis, which seems to be a similarly tight fit with the quick disconnects attached.

Hmm, I still don't see how I could get it down in there to be honest.  As well I don't have any that are by themselves.  My hex wrenches are in a kind of Swiss army set and not shaped like a hockey stick.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 10:05:11 PM »

Something like the blunt end of a mini screwdriver, a knitting needle, a chopstick, something like that may work. Unscrew the emitter again and work out which side (or sides) the wires come up from the batteries. There will be space to feed the wires down, but just take it slow until you're used to it.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 10:21:29 PM »

Something like the blunt end of a mini screwdriver, a knitting needle, a chopstick, something like that may work. Unscrew the emitter again and work out which side (or sides) the wires come up from the batteries. There will be space to feed the wires down, but just take it slow until you're used to it.

Got it to fit down a little with a mini dowel rod, but then I can't get to it to push it down more.  To be honest this whole thing has put a sour taste in my mouth..I didn't think it was going to be such a debacle to have quick disconnect.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 10:40:01 PM »

Got it to fit down a little with a mini dowel rod, but then I can't get to it to push it down more.  To be honest this whole thing has put a sour taste in my mouth..I didn't think it was going to be such a debacle to have quick disconnect.

Brother, sorry for your trouble on this!  Utilize extrem patience right now.  Honestly, walk away for a couple hours and come back to it.  I have experienced a greater incidence of error when nothing seems to work and I act out of frustration and impatience.  Take a break, ponder the issue and later, when you're refreshed, tackle it again.  Good luck and remember, the Force is with You!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »

yep at my damn wits end.  Got the wires pushed down, activated it to see if the silver Led worked..it did.  SO I put the emitter back on, it wasn't quite lined up like it should be but it was better,  Hit the activation and NO LIGHT UP.  Once again the FoC and sound worked but the main Led does not.  Took the emitter back off and the Led still wont come on.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: