Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Display, Transport, & Storage.  (Read 7417 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 07:42:59 PM »

Hi LB.  Glad that you could use some of the storage/carrying ideas.  If you get the tube(s) from Michaels Crafts, go on line first and print a weekly coupon(s).  Could get 40-50% off one purchase daily.  Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 03:08:02 AM »

I'm curious as to how people transport, store, and display their collections of sabers.
I'd love some suggestions on how to display sabers on a custom made shelf.
I'd love some suggestions on how to transport sabers from one location to another, along with their blades, claws, and other accessories.
I'd love suggestions for storing blades, and some creative ideas on how to get them out of the way, and out of view.
Please share all of your ideas, be they crazy, innovative, unusual, or brilliant.

Over the past few days I got my "storage" plan in order, and I've gotta say that I'm pretty happy with it and feelin' way more at ease with how I'm now keeping my UltraSabers valuable investments safe.  I still plan on getting a display solution to display 2-3 saber hilts at a time and asking for that for Christmas.

So... here are some pictures to show off my UltraSabers' new diggs:

First, here's the Goplus rifle case (53 x 13 x 3) that I previously purchased for about $46 on eBay here:

eBay Seller factorydirectsale

I have had this case for a little while, but it originally came with convoluted foam inserts in the lid and in the bottom, and while that type of foam is great for the lid, it's not efficient or very safe (preventing saber hilts from banging into each other) for the bottom portion to store lightsaber hilts and keep each one in their own "space".

Solution!  Mod this case!  I purchased high density polyurethane foam from CaseClub here:

CaseClub.com.  They custom cut 2 layers of foam inserts for this case: first/lower layer 1.25 inches thick, a solid piece, and the second/upper layer, pick n' pluck diced foam, 1.25 inches thick.  Then I just picked out the pieces of diced foam to create a "cavity" for the saber hilts to fit sungly.  It cost a little bit of change (about $130), but it's totally worth it for what it's protecting, and I'm very happy with the quality.  Each saber hilt has a blade plug, and the cool thing I found is that for a couple of hilts I could use the blade plug to add a little bit of length to the hilt to fit by having it protrude out of the emitter a litt more creating a more secure fit in between the diced foam.  I used leftover spaces that weren't large enough for a saber hilt but enough space to store some spare emitters, pommels or other spare parts.  I'm also storing the nickel plated shroud for my Consular separately because I "modded" my Consular a bit by removing the shround and put on a Dark Manticore emitter and an Archon pommel.  I'm keeping it that way for now, but can always go back to the Qui Gonn Jin version with my Tri Consular Green quick disconnect LED.  In this case the saber hilts do not budge during transport:

Second, where I had been previously storing the blades attached to the saber hilts in the above aforementioned rifle case, I now have them in an extra large document tube that I purchased here on Amazon for $60 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PR9MQL0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and it's height adjustable, has a screw on lid, adjustable shoulder strap and adjustable carry handle.  Keeps the dust out and protects the blades:

All-in-all I think it works really well and lovin these "sanctuaries" for my sabers and blades to keep them tucked away until I want/need to use them.   Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »

Now that is a very nice setup there LB. looks awesome, and well worth the investment! Thanks for sharing!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »

Wow great job Lord Bladewraith points for you.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 09:04:17 PM »

It looks like your sabers will be very safe to transport and the tube looks like it works well. Oh by the way her is a pic of the display stand that i made for my sabers.

You can't see it in this pick but I used velcro to hold the blades so they can't be bumped off.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 09:22:39 PM »

points to both LB and MR for their good ideas/creations   Cool  &  Cool

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 06:59:31 AM »

Just finished clearing a couple new spots for my Fulcrum and Lost Gray. That Fulcrum took up a bit o' space alright, but it's tucked in pretty good:

This storage solution has really worked well, and I highly recommend it.  I love having all the hilts together in one place and the blades stored separately.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pryok
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 16

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 06:28:42 PM »

These are really cool! Thanks for the great ideas!

-------------------||_}{o}{_|||||_|||||_}{o}{_||-------------------- Phantasm Initiate V3 (TRI Consular Green and TRI Blazing Orange)
[_||||[_]||o|__[]||-------------------- Consular (Sentinel Yellow)

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 02:43:59 AM »

I have one of these for storing some of my rifles.

I wish they made one for lightsabers.   Grin

As it is, I use a three compartment sword bag, designed for carrying around European longswords.  I put one in each of the side sections; and two more in the main section, with the hilts in golf club covers.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: