Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: STAR TREK: DISCOVERY - NON-SPOILER REVIEW  (Read 4365 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »

While the idea sounds nice, the simple fact is that they've already referenced the Federation. The human political regime in the Mirror Universe would be the Terran Empire.

Now, maybe the Discovery is raiding the Mirrorverse for tech, given their tech level is supposedly superior to the regular verse (thanks to the USS Defiant being thrown into the Mirrorverse and a hundred years earlier, to boot).
True. But the Terran Empire is just a name, one that they could start using later on as this show is 10 years before The Original Series. A stretch, I know, but they have changed a few things already, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 10:17:51 PM »

True. But the Terran Empire is just a name, one that they could start using later on as this show is 10 years before The Original Series. A stretch, I know, but they have changed a few things already, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

A MAJOR stretch due to the fact that it was called the Terran Empire in Archer's day...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »

1) The Discovery and it's mission is connected in some way to Section 31 (the ship's registry number is NCC-1031. Coincidence? Hmm).

Note:  the following may contain minor spoilers if you haven't seen episode 3 of Discovery, but nothing too Earth shattering.

I agree completely with this, in fact I think it may even be a Section 31 ship.  There are actually many clues to this.  Lorca tells Buhrman to "not worry about Starfleet command" when he's trying to get her to join the crew.  That would make sense if he's working without the knowledge of Starfleet Command.  Also, some of their research is illegal, not a concern to Section 31.  When she's walking through the ship, Buhrman sees people with black Starfleet badges, and the camera focuses on that a moment.  Black uniforms and signage are often associated with Section 31.

Now, I don't believe the entire crew is aware of Section 31 or why they're there.  I think most have been fed a lie that they're working for Starfleet Intelligence on top secret research to win the war.  But, I think there's more to it than that.  I believe Lorca definitely is either a member of Section 31, or is at least aware of its existence and is taking orders from them.  His security chief Landry may be too, she seems "in the loop."  I don't think Saru would have knowledge of them, as that doesn't seem the kind of thing he would be into.  Though, I may be misreading him.  Most certainly, the whiny science officer Stamets isn't a member of Section 31 and I see no reason the young Cadet Tilly would be involved with them.  She's likely on there because of her scientific qualifications.

Anyway, that's my theory.  We'll see how it goes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: