Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: AVENGERS: END GAME - POSTERS (Alive & Dead)  (Read 9588 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 07:17:25 PM »

They'll do it because any "Avengers" team that had Vision and Captain Marvel on it would be ... munchkin.

Don't forget the have the freaking King of Asgard and Hulk.

Kind of off Subject but not....anyone think we will ever see any of the other versions of hulk?

Joe Fixit?  Devil Hulk? Red Hulk? (not banner of course)

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 07:19:53 PM »

Don't forget the have the freaking King of Asgard and Hulk.

Kind of off Subject but not....anyone think we will ever see any of the other versions of hulk?

Joe Fixit?  Devil Hulk? Red Hulk? (not banner of course)
The rumours suggest we may be seeing Professor Hulk.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 09:31:48 PM »

The rumours suggest we may be seeing Professor Hulk.

I mean afterwards, I know we are most likely seeing Professor Hulk in Endgame, but Hulk has so much to go into (Pick up Immortal Hulk right now) ..I wish they could find a way to do a Hulk solo film but Universal isn't going to cave I;m sure.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 09:43:37 PM »

I mean afterwards, I know we are most likely seeing Professor Hulk in Endgame, but Hulk has so much to go into (Pick up Immortal Hulk right now) ..I wish they could find a way to do a Hulk solo film but Universal isn't going to cave I;m sure.
Marvel can do a Hulk film any time they want. Disney just won't be able to distribute it. And with the popularity of the MCU, there's no way Universal would cave, as distribution is where all the money's at.

But, there's nothing to stop them turning Hulk into a villain, going all world breaker and the Avengers have to team up to stop him. Then they could segue into immortal hulk afterwards. There's still lots of stories to tell with Hulk, incorporating it into other movies as they have done.  And I think Universal have that deal in perpetuity too (someone really messed up there. But who knew comic book movies would blow up like they did)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 09:46:05 PM »

From what I’ve read, Professor Hulk’s the best we’ll get in the MCU for now

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 09:50:18 PM »

Marvel can do a Hulk film any time they want. Disney just won't be able to distribute it. And with the popularity of the MCU, there's no way Universal would cave, as distribution is where all the money's at.

But, there's nothing to stop them turning Hulk into a villain, going all world breaker and the Avengers have to team up to stop him. Then they could segue into immortal hulk afterwards. There's still lots of stories to tell with Hulk, incorporating it into other movies as they have done.  And I think Universal have that deal in perpetuity too (someone really messed up there. But who knew comic book movies would blow up like they did)

Since time travel and other realms are coming into play..hell maybe we can see the Maestro show up. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 09:55:01 PM »

Funny you mention Maestro. I was discussing this topic at work today. I posited the idea that phase 6 starts with Old King Thor and Maestro. All the movies are essentially flashbacks showing what happened and how the world got to the point where Old King Thor and Maestro are battling it out. I know they've shown future incarnations of the heroes before, but the reason i say phase 6 is that it will give our actors plenty of time to age in real life so they can appear a bit more grizzled/world weary. Like what Clint Eastwood did with Unforgiven (holding onto the script for 20 years until he was old enough to play the role).

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 10:00:10 PM »

Funny you mention Maestro. I was discussing this topic at work today. I posited the idea that phase 6 starts with Old King Thor and Maestro. All the movies are essentially flashbacks showing what happened and how the world got to the point where Old King Thor and Maestro are battling it out. I know they've shown future incarnations of the heroes before, but the reason i say phase 6 is that it will give our actors plenty of time to age in real life so they can appear a bit more grizzled/world weary. Like what Clint Eastwood did with Unforgiven (holding onto the script for 20 years until he was old enough to play the role).

Now that I like...if the X-Men get brought in maybe even have Phoenix Wolverine

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 10:07:42 PM »

I posted this in another thread:

I know that many fans are literally drooling for the X-Men to join the MCU, but I really hope they don't. I think I said on a previous post that the Fantastic Four can easily slot into the MCU with very little fuss. No need for retconning anything. However, one of the fundamental elements about the X-Men is that mutants has been a source of debate around the world for years. It is a big political issue. There's no way to say that they just failed to mention mutantkind and all the hub-bub in the previous 22 MCU movies.

Also, one of the biggest things that makes Magneto a compelling character is he is a survivor of the Holocaust. Meaning mutants would have had to been around since at least WW2. Meaning he would be VERY old right now in the MCU. If you take away the Holocaust you fundamentally change who that character is.

Personally, I think they should continue with the X-verse under the Fox banner, spawning movies out of Deadpool's success. Two separate universes. And yes, I know the fans would love to see Wolverine fight the Hulk. But those fans need to recognise where the current narrative of the MCU is and only want characters introduced that make sense at this point.

If you have two separate universes, there's nothing to stop them colliding/over-lapping 6 or 7 years from now in some climatic Avengers level crossover movie. But to start with, keep the X-Men out of the MCU.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 10:22:02 PM »

Right on.

The Fantastic 4 could be brought in specifically because, like virtually every other MCU hero, they were "made", not "born".   Mutants in the X-men format are born and as you said the key element that makes them compelling is the politics of the whole thing.  It would be REALLY hard to make that cross-over at this stage.

As for Deadpool...  Please, just keep him out.  Please.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 10:25:12 PM »

We've also had this convo before.  I would be surprised if they DON't put the X-Men in the MCU.  I can understand your reasoning and even agree with it...but I don't think they will want to not have the two merge as quickly as possible.  There are many ways to go about it.  Captain Marvel's existence was apparently kept secret from the world...Mutants could be the same.  Until Magneto has had enough of hiding.  But it's of course up to Feige

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2019, 10:25:55 PM »

We've also had this convo before.  I would be surprised if they DON't put the X-Men in the MCU.  I can understand your reasoning and even agree with it to an extent...but I don't think they will want to not have the two merge as quickly as possible.  There are many ways to go about it.  Captain Marvel's existence was apparently kept secret from the world...Mutants could be the same.  Until Magneto has had enough of hiding.  But it's of course up to Feige

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2019, 10:35:15 PM »

As for Deadpool...  Please, just keep him out.  Please.
I know you're not a fan of his, but I love those movies. And the X-Men cameo in Deadpool 2 was HILARIOUS!!!!

We've also had this convo before.  I would be surprised if they DON't put the X-Men in the MCU.  I can understand your reasoning and even agree with it...but I don't think they will want to not have the two merge as quickly as possible.  There are many ways to go about it.  Captain Marvel's existence was apparently kept secret from the world...Mutants could be the same.  Until Magneto has had enough of hiding.  But it's of course up to Feige
Captain Marvel is one person, who hasn't been on the planet for 20+ years. Mutantkind numbers in the thousands globally. For decades.

But, as I said there is just too much essential backstory to the X-Men lore that would majorly problematic bringing into current MCU. Also, and this is something that I thought as a kid. When you think about it, the "problem" surrounding mutants in the comics is kinda stupid. The public love Captain America, Spiderman, Hulk (when he's not all rampagey), Fantastic Four etc. Humans with powers that fight bad guys. And that's cool. But, if you were born with your powers that makes you subject to hate. I know the allegory of the X-Men is about racism/gender/sexual orienatation etc etc. But in pure storytelling terms, that always made little sense to me. But, as the stories as just so damned good I gave them a pass.

Disney have said they are keeping 20th Century Fox intact. So they will still release films under that banner (side note - I LOVE that will still get that fanfare at the beginning of movies). So they could easily keep producing X-verse movies under Fox, but with a grittier/bloodier edge, which is something that will never happen with the MCU. At the end of the day, it is a business and if they can release 5 comic book movies a year by keeping them verses separate and making oodles of cash, they will probably do that.

There are pros and cons to both points fo view. We shall see what our lord and saviour Kevin Feige has to say come Comic-con or D23. Both events happen after Spiderman: FFH is released, so a phase 4 announcement will probably happen at one or both of those events.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2019, 10:54:41 PM »

I know you're not a fan of his, but I love those movies. And the X-Men cameo in Deadpool 2 was HILARIOUS!!!!
Captain Marvel is one person, who hasn't been on the planet for 20+ years. Mutantkind numbers in the thousands globally. For decades.

But, as I said there is just too much essential backstory to the X-Men lore that would majorly problematic bringing into current MCU. Also, and this is something that I thought as a kid. When you think about it, the "problem" surrounding mutants in the comics is kinda stupid. The public love Captain America, Spiderman, Hulk (when he's not all rampagey), Fantastic Four etc. Humans with powers that fight bad guys. And that's cool. But, if you were born with your powers that makes you subject to hate. I know the allegory of the X-Men is about racism/gender/sexual orienatation etc etc. But in pure storytelling terms, that always made little sense to me. But, as the stories as just so damned good I gave them a pass.

Disney have said they are keeping 20th Century Fox intact. So they will still release films under that banner (side note - I LOVE that will still get that fanfare at the beginning of movies). So they could easily keep producing X-verse movies under Fox, but with a grittier/bloodier edge, which is something that will never happen with the MCU. At the end of the day, it is a business and if they can release 5 comic book movies a year by keeping them verses separate and making oodles of cash, they will probably do that.

There are pros and cons to both points fo view. We shall see what our lord and saviour Kevin Feige has to say come Comic-con or D23. Both events happen after Spiderman: FFH is released, so a phase 4 announcement will probably happen at one or both of those events.

yea Carol is one person, but Fury keeping major secrets from even the Avengers has now been established.  If they were to put the X-Men in I wouldn't expect it no sooner that the end of P4 at least.  I don't think it would be as hard to incorporate them as many make it seem..hell If a caveman like me can come up with a half way plausible way to introduce them the creative minds at marvel surely can...but like was said..we'll see.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 01:00:56 AM »

As Taegin said, I think it is more these people are all dead. The general prevailing theory right now is that they can bring back everyone who was dusted, but whoever died before the snap is dead dead (meaning Gamora and Loki). Thor may be able to resurrect Loki along with the Asgardians (if they follow certain storylines from the comics).
But, isn't Loki (with Hiddleston in the role) getting his own series on Disney+?  If he's "dead dead" how would that work?  IF time travel is involved (and I'm still not convinced as it is too convenient of a plot device), then they could go back to before Thanos killed Loki and stop him.  Heck, if they are using time travel, they could just go back in time and get every stone before Thanos does as they now know where every single one is.  Again, just thinking out loud.  No theories. 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: