Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Retrofit an Obsidian board to a Liberator saber  (Read 1922 times)
MikeG
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

Lightside points, please and thanks!

« on: March 18, 2015, 03:52:12 AM »

I recently bought a Liberator saber from the Grab Bag. I didn't get it with sound. I'd like to retrofit it at some point (I have to save up and pay cash, my wife tolerates my hobby as long as the mortgage gets paid).
I don't know how to do this, but I'm thinking an Obsidian board for the saber. There's a resistor in the saber near or on the thumbswitch, which is a push on/push off type.  I gather I'll need to replace the switch and will likely need to replace the resistor with something else like a buck puck.
Is there a tutorial on this anywhere, or can I send the saber back for upgrades? I'd like to do it myself, but if the price of sending the saber back isn't too big of a delta over DIY, I'll seriously consider that.

Thanks!

Light side points, please, and thanks!

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 04:05:06 AM »

I recently bought a Liberator saber from the Grab Bag. I didn't get it with sound. I'd like to retrofit it at some point (I have to save up and pay cash, my wife tolerates my hobby as long as the mortgage gets paid).
I don't know how to do this, but I'm thinking an Obsidian board for the saber. There's a resistor in the saber near or on the thumbswitch, which is a push on/push off type.  I gather I'll need to replace the switch and will likely need to replace the resistor with something else like a buck puck.
Is there a tutorial on this anywhere, or can I send the saber back for upgrades? I'd like to do it myself, but if the price of sending the saber back isn't too big of a delta over DIY, I'll seriously consider that.

Thanks!

yes there is a tutorial and a diagram.. try looking at the threads in the "technical area, or do a search for "obsidian diagram" then keep going down the list till you find a thread that  has little bit of info

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:26:16 PM »

Videos can be found here:

www.youtube.com/user/bluespike1974

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: