Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: If the vastly superior Empire had been victorious....  (Read 1803 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:57 AM »

Something I've been wondering.

What would have happened if the Empire had won?

Would the Vong have been more than a slight inconvenience, or would they have even invaded in the first place? Would Abeloth have escaped, and if so, what would have happened to her? Would the awesomeness of the Empire eventually become too great and collapse the universe?

I'll post my own thoughts later, but right now I'm too tired/lazy (and yes, the title is what it is in order to enrage the resident rebel scum Wink).

no

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 05:21:02 PM »

Something I've been wondering.

What would have happened if the Empire had won?

Would the Vong have been more than a slight inconvenience, or would they have even invaded in the first place? Would Abeloth have escaped, and if so, what would have happened to her? Would the awesomeness of the Empire eventually become too great and collapse the universe?

I'll post my own thoughts later, but right now I'm too tired/lazy (and yes, the title is what it is in order to enrage the resident rebel scum Wink).

Depends.  Are we talking Empire Under the Emperor, or Empire Under Thrawn, or any of the other various times it cropped up?

If the Emperor's Empire, I think it would have eventually imploded on itself and, if it lasted that long, would have been beaten by the Vong (not by much though).  Besides, they'd have had at least one Death Star, and would have eventually blown up all the habitable planets.

If we're talking about Thrawn's Empire though, I think he was a vastly better leader and would have been able to hold it all together.  Not to mention he'd have made the Vong look like an 8th grader trying to fight Anderson Silva. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:23:37 AM »

The Empire would have lost.  They lack the creativity of the former Rebels.

The Death Star might have taken out a few Worldships, but the Vong would have made eliminating that technological "abomination" their top priority.

(says the Rebel scum.  Heh heh.  Cheesy)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:03:35 AM »

Depends.  Are we talking Empire Under the Emperor, or Empire Under Thrawn, or any of the other various times it cropped up?

If the Emperor's Empire, I think it would have eventually imploded on itself and, if it lasted that long, would have been beaten by the Vong (not by much though).  Besides, they'd have had at least one Death Star, and would have eventually blown up all the habitable planets.

If we're talking about Thrawn's Empire though, I think he was a vastly better leader and would have been able to hold it all together.  Not to mention he'd have made the Vong look like an 8th grader trying to fight Anderson Silva. 

Empire under Pruneface.

I doubt they would've destroyed everything... that's just illogical.

Remember, Thrawn became a Grand Admiral in 2 ABY. He definitely had a strong presence in the navy.

The Empire would have lost.  They lack the creativity of the former Rebels.

The Death Star might have taken out a few Worldships, but the Vong would have made eliminating that technological "abomination" their top priority.

(says the Rebel scum.  Heh heh.  Cheesy)

I wouldn't say they lacked creativity... Vader became much more mechanical (in thinking and in body), but he was still one of the most creative generals in the Clone Wars.

Regardless, spoken like true rebel scum Wink

I think the Empire would have destroyed the Vong. Not easily, but they would've done it. Then they would've completely eradicated the species itself. No super weapons required, and even without the DS1 they would have had a number of other superweapons at their disposal.

Abeloth would've completely destroyed the Empire, though... it's impossible to tell if she would have escaped in the first place had the Empire maintained its hold, but assuming she did, she would've shredded it and then pissed on the splinters. All the corruption in the government would make the political scene her playground, and I wouldn't be surprised if Pruny made the same mistake as the Lost Tribe and gotten himself killed.

I have no idea how the Chosen One aspect of Vader would help the Empire against Abeloth, but I doubt it would've made a difference.

no

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 03:06:33 AM »

I have no idea how the Chosen One aspect of Vader would help the Empire against Abeloth, but I doubt it would've made a difference.

Read the theory I posted in the Random Thoughts thread. Grin

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »

Remember, Thrawn became a Grand Admiral in 2 ABY. He definitely had a strong presence in the navy.

And was subsequently exiled to the Unknown Regions for the remainder of the GCW.    Palp was a moron for not keeping him around, Chiss or not.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 06:20:52 PM »

I haven't managed to get to reading about the Vong yet, but if the Empire had been victorious, I think subsequent rebellions would have arisen, Palpy would have blown up their planets, and a string of assassination attempts would have been made on him. Eventually, someone would have succeeded and a new Rebellion would finally take hold. The Empire's leadership was flawed enough that downfall was inevitable.

Side note: I picture Palpy playing a violin as the Imperial palace burns around him...

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »

Since I just finished reading Force Heretic 1: Remnant, I'll let Admiral Pellaeon make my argument....

"Be mindful of your words, Moff Freyborn," Pellaeon interjected firmly.  "These 'scum', as you call them, saved my life back at Bastion--as well as saving the Empire from an early grave."

"A grave they dug for us in the first place," Flennic snarled.  "At our peak we would never have fallen to the Yuuzhan Vong as they have.  We would have sent them back from whence they came--impaled upon their own amphistaffs!"

"Do you really believe that, Kurlen?  We weren't able to resist a handful of Rebels, so how would we have resisted the massed might of the Yuuzhan Vong?"  Pellaeon's stare was cold and hard.  Clearly visible behind the Grand Admiral's bluff, mustachioed appearance was the man who had faced down far worse threats than a hostile Moff Council.  "Your reasoning is both faulty and circular--and it is precisely the kind of reasoning that has brought us to these straits.  The Empire is foundering not from forces exterior to it, but as a result of its own internal weaknesses.  Our current circumstances are our own fault; it is foolish to lay blame elsewhere for our own failings."

..."Like it or not, they have ruled the galaxy for almost as many decades as we did--and with less bloodshed and military expenditure, I might add.  Right now, they are the one thing that stands between us and enslavement and death at the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong, and it is time we acknowledged that..."
Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: