Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: First Ultrasaber - Nickel Plated Guardian Emerald with Obsidian.  (Read 14933 times)
Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« on: January 27, 2014, 04:45:01 PM »

Hi all. Thought i'd do a quick review on my first Ultrasaber; a nickel-plated Guardian with the 4-Channel Emerald Driver and Obsidian Sound. I ordered this in BR with VA FOC, red illuminated AV switch, mid-grade blade with a pointed tip. First off the service was great. I ordered the saber on 29th November and it arrived in the UK on 9th December. Just over a week so very pleased with that.

The hilt itself is fantastic. It is solid and well built and looks amazing. The nickel plating really shines. It feels really good in the hand and i can't stop picking it up.

I ordered this in BR so here is a few pics to show it. I like it in BR, i haven't seen many Guardians in this colour but i think it works.

Obviously with the Emerald driver you can change the colour of the blade, so here it is in CG and GB.

The Emerald driver is really good. I got the 4-channel (RGBW) with the AV switch connected directly to the 4th channel. Obviously you can change the colour of the blade to almost anything you want, but some of the effects you can create with the pulse and FOC are great. I've currently got my saber set up to pulse from 255 on the red LED to 210 on the red LED with the timing intervals set to 0.02 secs, so the blade look like it's flickering. Which looks cool. The FOC is set to flash green (255) at a timing interval of 0.02 secs and to play it 15 times. So when you have an impact you get an orange "strobe" effect. Which again looks cool and is the same for the lock-up effect. I would definitely recommend getting an Emerald driver as it gives you so many options.

The Obsidian sound is really good. I love the ignition sound! I have been able to change and add sounds using the launcher (after some initial problems) so all good there.

Overall i am very very pleased with the saber and would definitely buy another from Ultrasabers. Hopefully it won't be too long before i can add to this one!

Thank you for reading!  Smiley

A L STORM
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 27

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »

Very nice saber you have there my friend. Great pictures too.  Smiley

Sabers I own: Shock LE/Sentinel yellow
                      Monarch (nickle)/Bane's Heart/Blazing Red
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst (Raffle prize)
                      Manticore/Dark Violet Amethyst   < ^ = Staff
                      Catalyst (Emerald)

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »

Nice review, and great pics! Already looking forward to my Emerald Archon Cheesy
Do you mind posting a vid showing your saber executing your Emerald settings? ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:06:31 PM »

Nice saber! I never thought of a Guardian in Red... Looks good though!

I too would like to see your Emerald settings... Pretty please? Wink

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Spike311
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 12:37:24 AM »

Nice review, and great pics! Already looking forward to my Emerald Archon Cheesy
Do you mind posting a vid showing your saber executing your Emerald settings? ^^

Great review! I agree with, Rancona about your settings. Seeing that you set your primary color to a "255" level red, I'm curious if you overclocked your red? The only reason I ask is cause I see most settings, at full power, registered at 225. I will not not know till my saber, sent in for Emerald upgrade, is back later this week. Anyways, great review. Congratz on owning a kick @$$ saber!

Proud founder and member of the JTC (Jedi Technician Council)

Lightsabers:
Icons Skywalker Lightsaber #4795/10000
Hasbro Obi-Wan TPM (Signature Series)
Ultra Saber Emerald Manticore (2CH B-G) with Obsidian 3.0

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 10:19:26 AM »

Thanks for the comments guys. I will try and post a video of the current settings as soon as i can. And Spike, the settings on the Emerald Launcher all go up to 255. I've just looked at the video on the Ultrasabers website on how to use the emerald driver and it shows 255.

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »

Congratulations on your purchase! And after seeing all the great looking guardians floating around recently...I have to have one! :-) not sure about the nickel unless the av switch it has comes in nickel as well?

Lightside points if any are given

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »

I can't say for sure if the AV switch is nickel, but i can't see any difference between the switch and the shroud on the hilt. It certainly doesn't stand out as being different.

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 04:41:09 PM »

Here is a quick vid showing the current settings on my saber. Unfortunately the FOC does not show up too well on the vid but hopefully you'll get the idea. When seen with the naked eye the blade looks orange-ish.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu_t0VZbi2s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu_t0VZbi2s</a>

You get the same colour effect if the blade is green and the flash is red. If the blade is red and the flash is blue then you get a violet amethyst looking colour.

JustEd
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »

Very nice saber indeed!

There is passion, Yet peace
Serenity, Yet emotion
Chaos, Yet order
I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance
I am the holder of the torch, lighting the way
I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance
I am a guardian of balance
I am a Gray Jedi

Aletani
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -130

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 07:08:18 PM »

Gorgeous! Solid saber! Beautiful combination of hilt, color, and sound. I'm on my phone ATM, but I'll try and come back on the PC to give you a point!

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 08:50:01 PM »

Congrats on a beautiful-looking 'sabre!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 09:19:10 PM »

Now that's a realistic pulse Shocked I think I will set mine the way you have, point for you for a great review and an amazing video!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Spike311
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 11:33:05 PM »

Knightfall you were right on. One last question... Is your "flicker" timing at 0.2s on all 4 timers? Thanks again, bro. Love the video too. Strangely enough I kinda like the red blade on the guardian. Looks good.

Proud founder and member of the JTC (Jedi Technician Council)

Lightsabers:
Icons Skywalker Lightsaber #4795/10000
Hasbro Obi-Wan TPM (Signature Series)
Ultra Saber Emerald Manticore (2CH B-G) with Obsidian 3.0

Knightfall
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »

Hi Spike, the timing on all 4 intervals is 0.02 secs , not 0.2 secs. Thanks for the comments guys.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: