Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Faulty Blade (PLEASE HELP!)  (Read 1763 times)
Lord Sicarius
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« on: November 26, 2016, 05:49:19 AM »

To whom it may concern,

Hello, I am Brice Bowman; a recent customer who purchased two sabers a few days ago, and they came in today. I am happy with the shipment time, as well as the craftsmanship of the hilt of the blade.

The blade itself, however is faulty. Tonight to test them out for fun me and my sister took them outside and we lightly dueled each other. We both have mid-grade sabers, and we were actually pretty caredul with them. She is only 4'7" and weighs little since she is only 11 years old, and I am 5'8" and weigh 180 pounds. She hit me harder than I hit her, as I wanted to be extremely careful as I was skeptical on the durability. The strange thing was, hers remained unscathed while the foil inside completely crinkled; spiraling through my entire blade. The outside of the blade has almost no scuff marks and no dents, but the inside the foil has crinkled. To reiterate, she hit me harder, and her blade had nothing wrong with it. Mine crinkled completely on the inside, and it shows up easily... which upsets me since I JUST got it. There has to be something wrong, as when I even watched durability tests online this never happened. There would actually be dents in the blades themselves but nothing wrong with the foil. Mine has no denrs, but the foil is ruined. Is there anyway this can be fixed or replaced? I feel that the quality of my saber qas not up t par, and was quite disappointing considering I JUST got them delivered today, and it took a beating from light swordplay with my small 11 year old sister.

I thank you for your time, and look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Brice Bowman

Pictures:
http://m.imgur.com/f8NMflR,XKmpgnq,C1We22n,KkDUJsE,bu7Q3ye,BJJfp3I

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 08:43:03 AM »

Brice,
 Im sorry the you have had such a scare with your brand new sabers.  From what you have explained, it sounds as if the inner cellophane lining has begun to unwind.  If this is the case and there are no cracks in the blade it should be a relatively easy fix. 

1st: remove the blade from the saber.

2nd: look in the open end of the blade and see if the glue has come off or isn't there (glue should overlap the edge of the inner cellophane wrapper and the blade)

3rd: if the glue is missing or fallen off, carefully point the open part of the blade to the ground and remove  the cellophane, so as to avoid getting it dirty.  If the glue is still attached, use an exacto knife to carefully remove the glue from the blade.

4th: unwind the cellophane an then rewrap it snugly so it fits back in the blade.  smooth out all the wrinkles and if you have animals try to avoid getting animal hair in it (you can see it in the blade when its lit up) make sure that when you put the cellophane back in that its flush with the top of the blade

5th: Re-glue the cellophane.  I have used E-6000 glue and also hot glue for mine.  Use a multi surface glue that acts like hot glue, since you never know if you will have to remove the inner lining and need to cut it off again.  Don't use glues like super glue or gorilla glue.  make sure to let the glue dry.   Wink

Hope this helps

MTFBWY
KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Lord Sicarius
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »

Brice,
 Im sorry the you have had such a scare with your brand new sabers.  From what you have explained, it sounds as if the inner cellophane lining has begun to unwind.  If this is the case and there are no cracks in the blade it should be a relatively easy fix. 

1st: remove the blade from the saber.

2nd: look in the open end of the blade and see if the glue has come off or isn't there (glue should overlap the edge of the inner cellophane wrapper and the blade)

3rd: if the glue is missing or fallen off, carefully point the open part of the blade to the ground and remove  the cellophane, so as to avoid getting it dirty.  If the glue is still attached, use an exacto knife to carefully remove the glue from the blade.

4th: unwind the cellophane an then rewrap it snugly so it fits back in the blade.  smooth out all the wrinkles and if you have animals try to avoid getting animal hair in it (you can see it in the blade when its lit up) make sure that when you put the cellophane back in that its flush with the top of the blade

5th: Re-glue the cellophane.  I have used E-6000 glue and also hot glue for mine.  Use a multi surface glue that acts like hot glue, since you never know if you will have to remove the inner lining and need to cut it off again.  Don't use glues like super glue or gorilla glue.  make sure to let the glue dry.   Wink

Hope this helps

MTFBWY
KEEP
Hi,

Thanks for the response! However, I'm not really that handy, and I'm going to wind up ruining the blade if I have to do all of that. Does the warranty cover the blade? Cause if so, that would be nice

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Light Side Points

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 01:16:22 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the response! However, I'm not really that handy, and I'm going to wind up ruining the blade if I have to do all of that. Does the warranty cover the blade? Cause if so, that would be nice

You would have to send US an email to confirm if blades are under warranty, since Im not sure.

Its easier than it sounds and no one will see that section of the blade since it sits inside the emitter so even if you mess it up a little you should be ok. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Lord Sicarius
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 01:20:47 PM »

You would have to send US an email to confirm if blades are under warranty, since Im not sure.

Its easier than it sounds and no one will see that section of the blade since it sits inside the emitter so even if you mess it up a little you should be ok. 
I sent an email already, this is actually a copy and paste from the email to get extra support. I haven't recieved anm reply back yet, so I wanted to try my luck here.

I'm not sure if you saw the pictures, but it goes past the emitter to at least half my blade.

Lord Sicarius
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 01:30:18 PM »

I think the warranty does cover it, after I looked at it again. Do I contact anyone else besides [email protected]? Thanks.

Here's the warranty:

http://m.imgur.com/zfQGaaM

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Light Side Points

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 01:49:08 PM »

I think the warranty does cover it, after I looked at it again. Do I contact anyone else besides [email protected]? Thanks.

Here's the warranty:

http://m.imgur.com/zfQGaaM

Just email [email protected] and explain the issue

Lord Sicarius
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 01:51:03 PM »

Just email [email protected] and explain the issue
Okay, thanks so much for the help!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 03:25:21 PM »

You're on the right track emailing US. You can also sometimes smack the blade against a couch cushion to straighten it back out.

Things to think about in the future:

The wrinkling occurs for two reasons - contact and temperature changes.

With midgrade blades, the blades will flex a lot, even with light contact. If it happens just right, it will wrinkle the film. I always recommend heavy grade blades if you are going to duel, even if it's light. I've been in plenty of friendly duels that end up being almost full contact, and yet we were still having fun. It just escalated. Heavy grades help reduce the issue you're having.

Also, if you go from warm to cold, the plastic will contract slightly, then if it gets hit and/or swung around, it will wrinkle fairly easily. I've seen people who have just let the blade warm back up, and the wrinkles go away, but those wrinkles were smaller than yours. Always take the temperature aspect into consideration.

I hope you get your situation resolved. US has great customer service, and I'm sure they'll help you.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 03:56:30 PM »

One thing to remember is that it's a holiday weekend in the United States.  So, support may be a bit slower.  I don't know how much staff they have, much less how much they have on weekends, to say nothing of holiday weekends.  So, it may be Monday before you hear back from them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: