Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about the dueling blades.  (Read 2077 times)
NightScream27
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 16, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »

This has probly already been asked but I couldn't find it after doing a few forum searches. I was just wondering if the heavy duty dueling blades are compatiable with the force FX removeable blade lightsabers.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »

Actually I don't think this has ever been addressed.  The simple answer is yes, but you will probably have to sand down the blade to get it to fit.  This is what is done with MR and UltraFX sabers.  Do you have a Force FX on hand to measure the diameter for a more accurate answer?

NightScream27
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »

Not yet I don't. I just ordered the obi-wan removeable on friday waitin for it to ship. It's the first one I've ordered. Mainly getting it to just have as a collectable. But I would like to have a saber qualified for dueling someday. If it comes down to it I'll probly just get a custom built one for dueling if the heavy duty blades are to hard to use/fit with the obi-wan hilt. If anyone else has information on this I'd greatly appreciate your help Smiley Oh also I have one other question. Do the heavy duty blades have led lights in them or how exactly does the lighting effects differ from the FX series?

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 02:06:12 PM »

Ultrasabers makes single LED hilts.  The blade is a hollow tube of polycarbonate plastic that has diffusion film inside it to help spread the light down the blade.  That is why the blades are duel-able.  Any blade that has an LED string inside the blade runs the risk of breaking the LEDs on contact with another blade.

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 02:47:13 PM »

The blades Ultrasabers use will certainly fit after having been sanded, however until the saber gets converted it won't do anything since the removable blade for the Force FX Saber has all the LEDs in it.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 04:33:46 PM »

Yeah what you're talking about is the led string blade that comes with the Force FX sabers.  Like Artorius said, the ones used around here use a single LED in the hilt to avoid the whole question of damaging electronics in the blade.  In other words, these blades are hollow save for a film used to diffuse the light.  So no, they won't work on your removable blade Force FX - unless you send it in to be converted!

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »

You might want to consider getting a stunt saber ( no sound )for dueling . Ultra Sabers has many stunt sabers available in most price ranges,and the V3 s and some of the more expensive stunt sabers can be sent back in to have sound added later when you get the funds. Just a thought.

dark side points please

Darth Eyece
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -22

I am a force user, but I fight for no one cause...

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 05:36:45 AM »

it says somewhere on the product site that you must specify when ordering blades if it is for a force fx conversion so they can sand them down to fit right.  But then you'll need to address the whole string of light thing as mentioned above...

"Sith Apprentice, 'Darth Eyece' sir." 
"Never 'eard of 'im."
"...this'll be the last time... I assure you..."
Due to the nature of my character, I would appreciate Dark Side points please...

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »

Interesting find.... I found that my removable blade Obi Wan's emitter screws onto my  Consulars pommel . This means that the Archon V2s emitter (with out neck attached) will fit the Obi Wan hilt, thus you have a US emitter with retention screw ready for a US blade! This does nothing for the electronics , but it is a way to make your Obi Wan Duel- able I think. I will have to order a Archon V2 emitter to find out for certain.

dark side points please

sharif sultan
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 07:15:09 AM »

thanks for your discussion.it help me to know about  attesat one things

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: