Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Where did my purple disappear off to?  (Read 2149 times)
ProjectBlacksaber
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

Master of the Shadow Arts. Darkest of them all.

« on: November 02, 2011, 01:09:37 AM »

O hey. Haven't been here in a bit.

anywho, last night was Halloween in Texas, so I took my saber (Dark Liberator, Violet Amethyst, 36") out for a spin...or two...or several...

However, first powering the saber on made the blade appear a nice, popping pink. I was curious, but kept scaring kids away with my face paint and saber combo. I just now checked my saber and I seemed to have joined the Dark Side. Yep, she's red now. I also just changed the batteries, so I don't quite know what's going on here. Any tips? stickies?

-BSABER

Moderator Nightwing
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -262

Peace is a lie; There is only passion

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:16:37 AM »

O hey. Haven't been here in a bit.

anywho, last night was Halloween in Texas, so I took my saber (Dark Liberator, Violet Amethyst, 36") out for a spin...or two...or several...

However, first powering the saber on made the blade appear a nice, popping pink. I was curious, but kept scaring kids away with my face paint and saber combo. I just now checked my saber and I seemed to have joined the Dark Side. Yep, she's red now. I also just changed the batteries, so I don't quite know what's going on here. Any tips? stickies?

-BSABER

That usually happens when the batteries are dying.  I know you said you changed the batteries, but try popping in a fresh out of the box set of alkaline batteries.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:18:13 AM »

This sounds like a classic battery drain.  I have my own VA and have delt with several cases of color drain.  When VA turns red it's because there isn't enough juice to power the Blue LED and the Red LED, and the Blue require more so it dies out first.  So here's my question:

When did you change the batteries?  Before you started or after?  If before, go change them again and see what happens.  If after, I'm assuming it didn't affect the color which leads me to believe the problem is with the LED.

So, before or after?

Jason02750
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

it's a computer eye...

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 05:27:45 AM »

This is most unusual. If the element burned out then it would have turned to blue unless somehow the power went strait for the blue element and burned it and burned it out on the way down. I have never installed duel lights for a blade in a lightsaber but i'm in question as to the idea that my blue idle led died for real or just can't light up due to lack of power. Either way, i need new batteries and they're kinda hard to get.

SilentFace

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 02:32:54 PM »

Sounds like you need to change the batteries.

Jason02750
Knight Lance Corporal

it's a computer eye...

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 02:54:30 AM »

he said he already changed the batteries... so why do some still think it needs a battery change? anyways, another idea is a loose connection between diode and main power poles. Don't search for a disconect just yet because if you do  you'd probably have to take the whole thing appart. Find a volt meter and check that way to see what's going on. Also make sure the blue isn't simply covered up.

SilentFace

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 03:26:54 AM »

he said he already changed the batteries... so why do some still think it needs a battery change? anyways, another idea is a loose connection between diode and main power poles. Don't search for a disconect just yet because if you do  you'd probably have to take the whole thing appart. Find a volt meter and check that way to see what's going on. Also make sure the blue isn't simply covered up.

That could be the case, although I think most people are suggesting battery problems because that is one of the most common problems considering the symptoms.  May as well try the easy fix first right?  The ones he put in might not have been new, and even if they were I know the RGB leds they use for VA can really burn through battery life quickly.  Try some brand spanking new batteries, and if that doesn't work I'd recommend discussing it with Ultrasabers if your warranty is still valid (it's 90 days from purchase).

Jason02750
Knight Lance Corporal

it's a computer eye...

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 01:33:45 AM »

I can understand putting in a mixed power set of batteries but to reach a final conclusion most know that the max capacity status must be reached by the consumer. aa's and aaa's arn't hard to get a hold of but, since it wasn't stated that they where box fresh, there might be an argument to argue that has a paper thin back bone. To reach an impresive magnitude determanent, put a small cap over the presumed red diode and turn it on, and dare to look down the emitter to see if the blue is even comming on. If it is synced with a sound board i can't help you after the verdict of the tempermental blade color. An idea that was discussed between me and another i know is that the blue simply never got power to begin with and was over powered, causing the "norm" element to also illuminate thus producing a blanded red color.

SilentFace

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 09:43:30 PM »

Considering the original post was made 28 days ago with no followup, it might be safe to conclude the issue was resolved...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »

Considering the original post was made 28 days ago with no followup, it might be safe to conclude the issue was resolved...

Good point Ultra.  Thread locked!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: