Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab bag battery question.  (Read 1716 times)
Cale Kral
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

I'm no slave. Are you feeling brave...

« on: December 22, 2012, 05:54:19 AM »

My fiance got me a grab bag saber for christmas, and tho I'm not supposed to know what it is, I have a hunch it is a Dominix V2 in CG. My question is this. I know it runs off of AA's right now. Can I use rechargeable Li-Ion batteries in it? and if so how many? Will I overpower the LED and fry it? Thanks in advance for answers. MTFBWYA

Cale Kral

Dark side points welcomed.

"I'll take the stupid one who threatened us when he should have killed us"

Dominix LE V2 CG

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:58:45 AM »

No. They are just stunt sabers so just standard AAA batteries and it will be 2 AAA batteries. I have a Dominix V2 LE in Blazing Red and it runs on 2 AA's. Epic saber by the way. You'll love it. One of the best in the stunt line I think.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Cale Kral
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

I'm no slave. Are you feeling brave...

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »

Thanks for the answer, Zren.

Dark side points welcomed.

"I'll take the stupid one who threatened us when he should have killed us"

Dominix LE V2 CG

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »

you can use NiMH rechargeables in place of the throw away batteries.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 04:50:34 PM »

you can use NiMH rechargeables in place of the throw away batteries.

Yeah NiMH ones are fine to use, since they typically provide 1.2V per cell (as compared to alkalines at 1.5V).  Just to give you an idea, Li-ion cells provide about 3.7V per cell, so they would definitely burn your LED out if they were put in place of alkalines.  You would have to rewire it to accept the increased voltage if you wanted Li-ion setup.

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 10:50:31 PM »

There are rechargeable batteries sold at Lowe's and the ones we sell are not LI-ion some are but for the most part the energizer rechargeable batteries will do you good they will not harm you LED. Hope this helps.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 04:44:00 AM »

I have a standard setup in my Dominix. Got me a set of Energizer NiMH rechargables.  They work really well, though with the heavy grade blade I have it's not as bright as I'd like.  But that's more a function of the blade, I think.  Not the batteries. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 05:42:40 AM »

It is the batteries because the LEDs that are use vary from power source to power source like if I use Duracell vs energizer the light maybe dimmer than the next so play with batteries see which best suits you. I like energizer personally.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 03:50:55 AM »

U can  use li-ions with any stunt saber, it really does not matter you just need to know the voltage of your LED,  for Instance u can power green, blue and white sabers off one 3.7V li-ion cell with no need for resistors or buckpuck.  In all my stunt sabers i have rewired them to have one 18650 3.7V li-ion cell with 2600mah it gives me very long runtime plus i have never needed to buy additional batteries. Keep in mind this is very easy to convert to a single li-ion but u will need to secure the battery so it does not rattle around

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 07:33:38 AM »

I use two kinds of batteries; 1st and for most is the Li-lon's, 2nd is energizer rechargeables.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: