Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER - OFFICIAL D23 TRAILER  (Read 12565 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2019, 11:05:50 AM »

Like DT, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed about the main movies since Disney bought Lucasfilm.

The 1st trilogy was mythic and was the starting point of numerous great books and comics and games that created the EU. Maybe it is because of my age but I grew up with the Organa-Solo twins, with Mara Jade, with Thrawn and I loved that Wink . In the 90's, books like "the courtship of Princess Leia" were great as they pictured for the first time planets like Dathomir ... and as they proposed original stories

The 2nd Trilogy was, IMO, great too as it proposed its own view of the galactic context and background ...

And then came Disney.
And Disney made very good things like Rogue One, Solo, TCW, Star Wars Rebels ...

But unfortunately, Disney made catastrophic choices considering Ep. 7 and 8.
Ok, they canceled the old EU but I have no problem with that: For decades, Marvel has created alternative stories for many heroes and it was cool and I hoped the same thing for LF. But no, LF made Ep. 7 as a bad copy of Ep. 4 and Ep. 8 was almost a joke ...

We will see what will happen for Ep. 9 but the last trailer gives little hope to me ...

Of course, it is just my opinion ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2019, 06:04:48 PM »

I like this version better. CREEPIO!!!  Grin
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3YzDEQuN6I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3YzDEQuN6I</a>

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2019, 09:08:57 PM »

To me, this is Disney's last gasp in Star Wars movies - Empire vs Rebellion. So they better hit it out of the park.

The more this goes on, the more I'm convinced that Disney isn't responsible.

MUCHOS PUNTOS

Zori Bliss is being played by Keri Russel though..

Which I'd say is a plus, but considering that Gwendoline Christie has had a grand total of 3min of screen time in 2 movies, Keri will be on for maybe 2.

I was hopeful this was the case. Luke seeing what would happen if he didn't intervene.
I have no more faith in the movies though. So I won't be holding my breath.

Rise of Skywalker? Should be called "Rise and Fall of Hopes"

Lets say the movie is good enough even me and Logos will say so...its going to make TLJ stand out even more negatively.

It happened with ATC. ROTS was so leaps-and-bounds better that it made ATC painful to watch.

My theory is that Rey is a clone of Palpatine and they made another that is evil to combat her since she somehow got away.

My second theory is that Rey's DNA was taken from her and her clone is sent to kill her. The clone is also one of many. Think of The Force Unleashed II where there were many clones of Star Killer

That's some pretty bad cloning when it yields female results from a male specimen. Roll Eyes

Also going with the cloning a Force Sensitive, why didn't Papa Palps already do this to staff his Inq squad?

That was one of my Theories on Rey going in to TLJ.  That she was a clone of Palpatine (or another Force user) and was the first of an Army.  My second Theory was that she was one of the children in the stormtrooper program and when she showed force sensitivity someone got her out of the FO's hands.

That might explain the shellty cave scene. The why behind the endless mirror. As if to say she is just one of many copies. She may also be the genetic source. Ol' Sid may have been the one she was crying after in the Force vision in TFA. He left her in a remote place for safe keeping while his new army of Force Sensitive troops (something something Sith Troopers) grew. Perhaps Dark Rey is merely a, or one of a few elite specimens that received acolyte training. I'd pay munnies to see that. A million Daisies in bitchin' red armor. Grin

I want it to be good, but, "Do not trust a hope, it has forsaken these lands."

PREACH!

Latest theory I've just heard is that evil Rey is her twin sister. Discuss.

So.....instead of Solo twins, we get Skywalker twins?

Cliché...

*sigh  Sad

Might as well just give her a goatee and be done with it then...

Not sure which reference you were going for though

Speculation and Theory are part of the fun....

I couldn't accept that since we still don't know her past or her family, how could they just drop a twin on us? It wouldn't actually carry any emotional resonance.

Agreed

We didn't know Luke and Leia were twins initially.

But both characters were present from the beginning of the story. Dropping in a long lost evil twin is so Days of Our Lives it's not even funny. Laughable, but not funny.

“I would be worried if everybody across the board was like ‘yeah, it was a good movie’ it’s much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you who are really really excited about it. Then there are other people who walk out literally saying ‘it’s the worst movie I’ve ever seen.’ Having those two extremes is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.”

And then the jizz stain bashes those that thought it was bad.

won't have other people's ideas to contend with.

This is the toxicity that damaged the franchise to begin with. Dump everything so they don't have to follow others' story constraints. IMO it's why the SW stories are superior. Because they have to conform to the OT.

Like DT, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed about the main movies since Disney bought Lucasfilm.

The 1st trilogy was mythic and was the starting point of numerous great books and comics and games that created the EU. Maybe it is because of my age but I grew up with the Organa-Solo twins, with Mara Jade, with Thrawn and I loved that Wink . In the 90's, books like "the courtship of Princess Leia" were great as they pictured for the first time planets like Dathomir ... and as they proposed original stories

The 2nd Trilogy was, IMO, great too as it proposed its own view of the galactic context and background ...

And then came Disney.
And Disney made very good things like Rogue One, Solo, TCW, Star Wars Rebels ...

But unfortunately, Disney made catastrophic choices considering Ep. 7 and 8.
Ok, they canceled the old EU but I have no problem with that: For decades, Marvel has created alternative stories for many heroes and it was cool and I hoped the same thing for LF. But no, LF made Ep. 7 as a bad copy of Ep. 4 and Ep. 8 was almost a joke ...

We will see what will happen for Ep. 9 but the last trailer gives little hope to me ...

Of course, it is just my opinion ...

This is exactly everything they did wrong. They never considered the ONE thing that made the price tag a staggering $4B instead of a song: US. The fans that kept the franchise going by buying into the EU. The EU made it far more than just a trio of awesome movies.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »

Looks like this confirms the suspicions.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2019, 09:18:26 PM »

Looks like this confirms the suspicions.

What suspicion are you trying to confirm?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2019, 12:24:50 AM »

What suspicion are you trying to confirm?

Emperor Palpatine returns/resurrected.

Course I think C3-P0 (CREEPIO) is now an assassin droid made by the Empire. Remember, in TPM the trade federation used them, Anakin made one and Alderaanian Nobility used them on starships. Perfectly hidden in plain sight.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2019, 12:57:15 PM »

Course I think C3-P0 (CREEPIO) is now an assassin droid made by the Empire. Remember, in TPM the trade federation used them, Anakin made one and Alderaanian Nobility used them on starships. Perfectly hidden in plain sight.
TC-14 was a standard issue protocol droid. Protocol is "what's done in decent society." In the case of TPM, protocol demanded that official guests be welcomed and offered refreshment, which she did. 3PO is the same thing.

I'm still banking on instant-kill mode.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »

TC-14 was a standard issue protocol droid. Protocol is "what's done in decent society." In the case of TPM, protocol demanded that official guests be welcomed and offered refreshment, which she did. 3PO is the same thing.

I'm still banking on instant-kill mode.

Or maybe 3-PO is Palpatine......  Yea.  That's the ticket.... Palpy made a holocron and someone hooks it up to 3po and he becomes palpatine reborn

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2019, 02:06:59 PM »

I really hope they don't make C-3PO evil or kill him off. Actually, don't kill anybody else off from the OT. They've spent that nickel twice now already.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2019, 02:26:57 PM »

Or maybe 3-PO is Palpatine......  Yea.  That's the ticket.... Palpy made a holocron and someone hooks it up to 3po and he becomes palpatine reborn
YEAH! And instead of lightning, he now has laser eyes and pew-pew fingers.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2019, 03:14:41 PM »

I really hope they don't make C-3PO evil or kill him off. Actually, don't kill anybody else off from the OT. They've spent that nickel twice now already.

Pretty sure they are going to have Leia Pass away in this film....

YEAH! And instead of lightning, he now has laser eyes and pew-pew fingers.

and and and Lightsabers out of his elbows

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2019, 03:24:15 PM »

and and and Lightsabers out of his elbows

and lightning out of his knees

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Kryptonian Jedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »

Pretty sure they are going to have Leia Pass away in this film....

You're right, sorry. Man, even now I'm still not used to thinking of Carrie Fisher as being passed away. That at least is understandable given the IRL circumstances. But I don't think they need to do that to Chewy and the rest. My understanding is that Peter Mayhew trained a successor and killing the droids would just be gratuitous and cynical IMO.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »

You're right, sorry. Man, even now I'm still not used to thinking of Carrie Fisher as being passed away. That at least is understandable given the IRL circumstances. But I don't think they need to do that to Chewy and the rest. My understanding is that Peter Mayhew trained a successor and killing the droids would just be gratuitous and cynical IMO.

Yes...Mayhew was only in the Chewie suit in TFA for any scenes of him sitting down.  Any standing or action shots were his successor who he did train a bit.  Last time he would play Chewie

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: