Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Switching Emitters/Switches  (Read 955 times)
ALekzc
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 27, 2015, 12:40:27 AM »

Is it possible to change out emitters? And can the same be done for switches (i.e. I don't like the black guarded switch. Can I switch it with a non-illuminated switch?) ? Also, what do I have to do to install an illuminated switch?
Thx,
Alekz

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
 Through passion, I gain strength.
 Through strength, I gain power.
 Through power, I gain victory.
 Through victory, my chains are broken.
 The Force shall free me

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 03:32:57 AM »

Hi ALekzc...... Welcome to the Forum  Smiley

I saw your emitter question answered in the Questions thread, I'd just like to add that emitters can only be changed on saber models that have MHS compatible emitters....

The switches are a little more difficult..... A quick question, does your saber have sound?

Sabers with sound use a momentary switch and stunt sabers use a latching switch.....

There is a bit of information on switches here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24480.msg369046#msg369046 so you can understand some of the details..... but, Yes, you can buy 12mm or 16mm momentary av switches, you will need to remove the wiring, drill out the switch hole and re wire..... If you have a saber with sound you may need to add wiring to the board to install an illuminated av..... there are wiring diagrams to help.....

If you have a stunt saber, again you can buy 12mm latching av switches that have the correct length to fit, you still need to drill out the switch hole..... Some 16mm latching av switches are too long to fit in an US or MHS hilt, and if you want to put a momentary switch in (the shorter ones) you need to install a momentary to latching converter for a stunt saber, also drilling out the switch hole with a 16mm drill bit.....

Hope that starts to answer your question..... let us know if you want any more info..... cheers  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: